• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FOX is talking about Belichek being the best in history

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. Lombardi was the best ever and there are several others before Bill's name is even thought of being mentioned. They are kissing his ass.

Reactions: GNG

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. Lombardi was the best ever and there are several others before Bill's name is even thought of being mentioned. They are kissing his ass.

Lombardi was great.

How well do you think he would have done in modern football though? He had so little to deal with by comparison.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was you that acted is if those eras could be compared and I pointed out that they are two different fruit.
You only mentioned that free agency changed the league but I said that didn't diminish the accomplishments of teams from an earlier era.

CHECKMATE !!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi was great.

How well do you think he would have done in modern football though? He had so little to deal with by comparison.
I believe he would have adapted to today's game without any difficulty.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only mentioned that free agency changed the league but I said that didn't diminish the accomplishments of teams from an earlier era.

CHECKMATE !!

That's not all I mentioned and I think your King just fell over on its own.

Good try though

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he would have adapted to today's game without any difficulty.

Maybe, but we will never know. What we do know is that it's a much harder job now than it was in previous times, and certain HC's have won within it, and others have not.

So with that said, it's more likely that todays successful coaches would win in past times, than past time coaches winning now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not all I mentioned and I think your King just fell over on its own.

Good try though
That's okay Rex, maybe next time we play that game I might let you win. :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with that said, it's more likely that todays successful coaches would win in past times, than past time coaches winning now.
You usually make good points but this statement by you falls short of your past standards.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You usually make good points but this statement by you falls short of your past standards.

Not in the least. It's simple in thought.

Past generation coaches won during a time that was easier to win than current generation coaches.

The number of coaches from the past that could win now, is smaller than the number of coaches now that could win then. (And of course I'm talking about the better tier coaches for both times.)

Now that's not to say that some of the greats couldn't win now, just that the probability is lower.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's okay Rex, maybe next time we play that game I might let you win. :D

You don't have to let me win, I'm kicking your ass all by myself.

You have no way of determining how Vince Lombardi would do in the free agency/salary cap era............period..

We know of the success that BB has had in that same free agency/salary cap era.

I'm not sure you know which game you're playing dude.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Past generation coaches won during a time that was easier to win than current generation coaches.

The number of coaches from the past that could win now, is smaller than the number of coaches now that could win then. (And of course I'm talking about the better tier coaches for both times.)

Now that's not to say that some of the greats couldn't win now, just that the probability is lower.

I don't know if I would say the probability is lower, but I would seriously question whether they could sustain long term success like Lombardi did with free agency and a salary cap to deal with.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should take a break from posting as you are starting to get delusional. Maybe you didn't get enough sleep last night.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would say the probability is lower, but I would seriously question whether they could sustain long term success like Lombardi did with free agency and a salary cap to deal with.
A great coach would be a great coach in any era. This is a no-brainer.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi was nothing without Bart Starr

You have that exactly backwards which is about right for you. Starr did nothing without Lombardi. Starr played for years before and after Lombardi and went 17-34. I'll let you look up his record under Lombardi. Lombardi took a Pack team that had been garbage for years and immediately turned them into winners. The year he stepped down as coach they turned right back into mediocrity. Then he went to DC and led the Skins to their 1st winning season in 15 years. Then he died. There's Lombardi then we can argue about who comes next.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to let me win, I'm kicking your ass all by myself.

You have no way of determining how Vince Lombardi would do in the free agency/salary cap era............period..

We know of the success that BB has had in that same free agency/salary cap era.

I'm not sure you know which game you're playing dude.

It's intersting to me how many people don't understand the concept of ability advancement, and that it isn't an assault on those from previous days.

Example, something I use as a teaching tool to young/knew foremans.

I'm a better foreman than my foreman that trained me. I'm a better foreman than you are now as a young foreman. If you let me give you the knowledge my foreman gave me, and the knowledge I learned on my own, then combine it with knowledge you will learn on your own, you will one day be a better foreman than me, just like I'm a better foreman than the one that taught me.

So many people fail to understand that this concept isn't an insult to the past, but a tribute to it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great coach would be a great coach in any era. This is a no-brainer.

Not true. Times are different.

Lombardi would be lost in todays game, but saying that doesn't take away from his greatness in his time.