• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FOX is talking about Belichek being the best in history

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous! Before he learned how to cheat he was fired in Cleveland. The guy is a good coach but I can name 5 without thinking better than him.

Reactions: GNG

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good coach, but he's looked like a genius because of Brady ...

Reactions: GNG

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous! Before he learned how to cheat he was fired in Cleveland. The guy is a good coach but I can name 5 without thinking better than him.

And who would those 5 be?

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi, Landry, Shula, Parcells, Grant, Noll, etc. Recent years I'd go with Coughlin as he never loses to him when it matters.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi, Landry, Shula, Parcells, Grant, Noll, etc. Recent years I'd go with Coughlin as he never loses to him when it matters.

Lets start with Parcells, shall we? Lets see now, if I recall correctly he won a SB as the Giants headcoach via defense. I wonder who authored the game plan for that game, and is now in the Hall of Fame. Hmmm let me think a second. Maybe you can help?

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think was the pupil in that relationship? You're not really trying to say that Parcells rode the coattails of Belichik are you? If so, you need to recuse yourself from this thread due to having homer goggles on that are thicker than Coke bottles.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think was the pupil in that relationship? You're not really trying to say that Parcells rode the coattails of Belichik are you? If so, you need to recuse yourself from this thread due to having homer goggles on that are thicker than Coke bottles.

You realize Parcells has never won the SB without BB, but BB has won numerous times without Parcels. The gameplan was authored by BB and is now enshrined in the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest of all time.

Seems to me you should recuse yourself now before you embarrass yourself further with the dismantling of the others you listed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what he is saying is that Parcells record w/o Belichick is below .500 and he never won a playoff game w/o him. I have Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Noll , Landry and Belichick in top 6

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh hard to argue it. I'm a huge Belichick fan personally. I think he's quite possibly the biggest troll coach in NFL history. Deflategate? Spygate? He had this shit planned out, and he trolled the entire NFL org by overcoming it. I think it's freaking hilarious.

I can't think of many coaches better. Knoll maybe? Hopefully Carroll mounts another couple Super Bowls and blows out his knee going rah rah on the sideline. That might top it lol.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coach in NFL history has had anywhere near the controversy and scandals as BB. He's always looking for every advantage, legal or not.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he is saying is that Parcells record w/o Belichick is below .500 and he never won a playoff game w/o him. I have Lombardi, Walsh, Shula, Noll and Landry and Belichick in top 6

I think the reason BB should be seen above them is the time in which he did it. None of those others had to deal with the set up of modern football. In fact gusy like Lombardi even would take players under contract and never let them see the field, just so another team couldn't get them. Stockpiling.

Walsh is the one that is right up there with them, the others all have glaring flaws.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason BB should be seen above them is the time in which he did it. None of those others had to deal with the set up of modern football. In fact gusy like Lombardi even would take players under contract and never let them see the field, just so another team couldn't get them. Stockpiling.

Walsh is the one that is right up there with them, the others all have glaring flaws.

I can't Stu had a good point about Brady. BB was head coach 7 years w/o Brady and he only made the playoffs 1 time. The 2 years that Brady wasn't the QB with the Pats, they misses the playoffs both times. If Garoppolo was QB this year, they probably 5-6 6-5

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No coach in NFL history has had anywhere near the controversy and scandals as BB. He's always looking for every advantage, legal or not.

Every great coach that has sustained success has seen controversy follow them. It's based on jealousy. See Red Auerbach.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't Stu had a good point about Brady. BB was head coach 7 years w/o Brady and he only made the playoffs 1 time. The 2 years that Brady wasn't the QB with the Pats, they misses the playoffs both times

But you have to adjust that a bit for who the team and ownership were.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to adjust that a bit for who the team and ownership were.

Ownership was the same the whole time in NE and he misses playoffs both times w/o Brady and 9 AFCG's and 6 SB's with him . Bill is a great defensive genius and one of top HC's ever but Lombardi and Walsh did creating that WCO unbelieveable

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership was the same the whole time in NE and he misses playoffs both times w/o Brady and 9 AFCG's and 6 SB's with him . Bill is a great defensive genius and one of top HC's ever but Lombardi and Walsh did creating that WCO unbelieveable

Lombardi coached in an era where you could hoard players, so you have to weight his success a bit. And Walsh had the benefit of Hall of Fame QB play as well. (By the way the WCO was by Don Coryell, not Bill Wash)

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time, timeout on the debate.:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi coached in an era where you could hoard players, so you have to weight his success a bit. And Walsh had the benefit of Hall of Fame QB play as well. (By the way the WCO was by Don Coryell, not Bill Wash)

Just like Parcell's accomplished shit w/o Belichick, Bill has accomplished squat w/o Brady. Top 5 is sibjective and your entitled to your own opinion

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Parcell's accomplished shit w/o Belichick, Bill has accomplished squat w/o Brady. Top 5 is sibjective and your entitled to your own opinion

Hence my point about Walsh.

The broader point is they all have help somewhere along the line, and that help is nearly always what is used to bring them down in peoples opinions.