• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FOX is talking about Belichek being the best in history

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question what so ever...Bill Belichick is a HOF coach the moment he's eligible. He takes his rightful place with the other HOF NFL coaches.

1A, 1B or 1C....hardly matters. Tom Landry was a great NFL head coach and I have no problem thinking there might be one, two or even three that were better. IMO, doesn't tarnish Landry's greatness.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick is a loser without Tom Brady. I don't believe this is even close. Perfect situation out in NE, and the minute one of the key figures is gone, so is the consistent winning.

That's just wrong on all fronts and besides....another idiot could say the same about Lombardi with regards to Starr.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just wrong on all fronts and besides....another idiot could say the same about Lombardi with regards to Starr.

It's 100% correct - Bill had a losing record during his time in Cleveland. Tom Brady was not there.

Lombardi never had a single losing season, even the one year he didn't have Starr.

-----

So...you can separate Belichek from Brady and see that he had a losing record without him; you can only separate Lombardi from Starr for one year, but he did in fact have a winning record.

The two are simply not comparable, and the statment remains & is a fact: Bill Belichick is a loser without Tom Brady

Great coach, but there are better coaches out there. Let's see how he does without a top 3 all-time NFL quarterback. He didn't do well in Cleveland, so the jury is out.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 100% correct - Bill had a losing record during his time in Cleveland. Tom Brady was not there.

Lombardi never had a single losing season, even the one year he didn't have Starr.

-----

So...you can separate Belichek from Brady and see that he had a losing record without him; you can only separate Lombardi from Starr for one year, but he did in fact have a winning record.

The two are simply not comparable, and the statment remains & is a fact: Bill Belichick is a loser without Tom Brady

Great coach, but there are better coaches out there. Let's see how he does without a top 3 all-time NFL quarterback. He didn't do well in Cleveland, so the jury is out.
The last time the browns won 11 games guess who was coach?:suds:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good coach, but he's looked like a genius because of Brady ...
But you might make the argument that Brady is where he is today because of the coaching he has received from the Pats. I think you also have to look at ownership. Kraft is one of the best owners ever, and he understands how to foster and nurture a relationship between the front office and the coaches/players. The Pats are an example of what happens when all the pieces fit together. I'm sure we all name teams that have talent, but because of crap coaching and/or dysfunctional front office, the team gets stuck in mediocrity. My Chargers are a case in point. We go 14-2 with Marty S. and he gets fired at the end of the season?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who's gonna win the Lombardi/Belichick trophy this year?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you might make the argument that Brady is where he is today because of the coaching he has received from the Pats. I think you also have to look at ownership. Kraft is one of the best owners ever, and he understands how to foster and nurture a relationship between the front office and the coaches/players. The Pats are an example of what happens when all the pieces fit together. I'm sure we all name teams that have talent, but because of crap coaching and/or dysfunctional front office, the team gets stuck in mediocrity. My Chargers are a case in point. We go 14-2 with Marty S. and he gets fired at the end of the season?

Nah ... Either a QB has something or he doesn't ... Obviously good coaching helps, but your not coaching a guy up to Brady's level, were talking about one of the greats in the game... You can't coach that... "NFL 2K football reference"

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick was 36-44 in four seasons as Cleveland's head coach while Vince Lombardi never had a losing season yet you Patriots homers still think Bill was GOAT. :D
Um, BB was still learning stuff. :noidea:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah ... Either a QB has something or he doesn't ... Obviously good coaching helps, but your not coaching a guy up to Brady's level, were talking about one of the greats in the game... You can't coach that... "NFL 2K football reference"
Sorry, but you don't walk off the college football field and have the kind of success Brady has had without good coaching. I don't know a QB around who has not remarked about the step up in competition once you wind up in the NFL. The schemes are more complicated and the defenses much faster. Granted, a skill set like Brady's definitely makes the jump from CFB to the NFL easier, but it won't happen without good coaching.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but you don't walk off the college football field and have the kind of success Brady has had without good coaching. I don't know a QB around who has not remarked about the step up in competition once you wind up in the NFL. The schemes are more complicated and the defenses much faster. Granted, a skill set like Brady's definitely makes the jump from CFB to the NFL easier, but it won't happen without good coaching.

I"m not downsizing good coaching, but your not becoming and NFL great simply from good coaching... You MUST possess the skills... Brady would of still been a good QB no matter where he went, the guy has it mentally and stay's cool in the storm... Very few QB's possess that... There are somethings you cannot coach, you just can't ...

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's absolutely top 3 all-time. And winning consistently in the free agency and salary cap era is even more difficult. Shula is overrated. Landry is nothing special. Bill Walsh is close here. Lombardi is probably ahead just out of respect for his name. Pretty short list of nominees, no matter how you look at it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's absolutely top 3 all-time. And winning consistently in the free agency and salary cap era is even more difficult. Shula is overrated. Landry is nothing special. Bill Walsh is close here. Lombardi is probably ahead just out of respect for his name. Pretty short list of nominees, no matter how you look at it.
So his 36-44 record in four seasons at Cleveland is stellar according to you.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his 36-44 record in four seasons at Cleveland is stellar according to you.

No. His 185-67 record since then is "stellar". Also, the 22-9 postseason record with 4 Super Bowl wins is pretty decent. He was also the defensive coordinator for the Giants when they won 2 Super Bowls. His resume looks OK.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. His 185-67 record since then is "stellar". Also, the 22-9 postseason record with 4 Super Bowl wins is pretty decent. He was also the defensive coordinator for the Giants when they won 2 Super Bowls. His resume looks OK.
I would rate him in the top 10 and not the top 5. He didn't win crap without Tom Brady.