• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida just got better.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy just could not put Walker in when the game was still in doubt. IMO, Billy knows this kid is just not ready. I know he looked great doing those two slams, however if you recorded the game and just focus on Walker, it's easy to see he does not know where he is supposed to be and is not blocking people out away from the basket. He needs to gain 20 pounds of muscle if he is going to be able to hang out under the basket. I really don't see this guy as the 2nd coming; at least not this year. Hopefully, we will get some quality minutes from him and maybe a couple of baskets. It was great to see Patric Young play so well inside and he is getting some help from Yeguette, Praither and Finny-smith. 2nd half, the Gators made some 3's and some foul shots. Missouri has some guys that simply bury 3's. Great shooting team; no bench and that lack of bench is why Florida won.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course not, but has Florida played any of those bids yet?

doesnt matter if you think they have played other sec bids yet or not. the fact is that the sec as whole is better competition than the mvc as a whole. so by that logic alone there wins are stronger. Add to that the fact the gators get a lot more national exposure than wichita and all the top teams that have fallen ahead of them during their 14 game win streak. Of course they are going to move up. Also you are debating the difference of one spot....3 vs 4. When you get a vote you can keep wsu as high as you want.

Just because you dont think they arent good doesnt mean it's a fact. Many people think AZ isnt as good without Ashley and you dismiss them. Does that mean they are right and you are wrong? of course not. You keep dismissing the gators and ill be confidient billy will have them ready.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried. We heard all the same constructive criticism about the Gators last year... and the year before... and the year before... and we made 3 straight elite 8's and were upset in 2 of those we shouldn't have lost. I am just concerned with making the dance and seeing how we do.

Wichita State is going to go undefeated and likely jump us eventually since they don't play anyone (I assume we will drop one to Kentucky given how well they are playing as of late... they are starting to look like the top 10 team everyone predicted).

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt matter if you think they have played other sec bids yet or not. the fact is that the sec as whole is better competition than the mvc as a whole. so by that logic alone there wins are stronger. Add to that the fact the gators get a lot more national exposure than wichita and all the top teams that have fallen ahead of them during their 14 game win streak. Of course they are going to move up. Also you are debating the difference of one spot....3 vs 4. When you get a vote you can keep wsu as high as you want.

Just because you dont think they arent good doesnt mean it's a fact. Many people think AZ isnt as good without Ashley and you dismiss them. Does that mean they are right and you are wrong? of course not. You keep dismissing the gators and ill be confidient billy will have them ready.

I don't think they aren't good. And I don't think Arizona is a NC team without ashley. I have had said it since the moment I found out he was out for the year. You assume I am a homer when I am not.

I am not dismissing the gators, and I actually was skeptical of Runeman when he said he didn't think they could win it all because of their lack of size down low. After watching tonight I lean toward his stance, rather than yours, and the fact that he is NOT a homer makes me feel ok about that.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, everyone set the rules earlier this year... and the rule is "You can't use injuries as an excuse"

Florida's only two losses came with significant injuries / suspensions... and those weren't valid justifications for the loss per everyone on these boards... we just "suck"

Karma is a bitch...

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss still may emerge along with Mizzou. Mizzou is in a low ebb point right now losing the last two games to Kentucky and Florida on the road. Not many other teams could play back-to-back games against those two and come out unscathed. They did beat Ucla and Northwestern. And before you say "WTF????..NW?????, you had better check the B1G standings.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
florida doesnt have a lack of size down low. we have a lack of consistent talent down low. Any opponent with a big with real skills can shut down young who IMO hasnt progressed as much as he should have with as long as he has been on the floor at florida. That is why fans are excited about walker getting on the floor. And the fact that we were winning and playing great team defense without him only adds to the fact that he is bonus. Not that we need him "to be a stud" (your words) to have any chance at succeeding.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked at florida's schedule recently. Look at their last 11 games and tell me, based on who they played, that there is any justification in them moving ahead of Wichita State in the rankings? Unless they were ahead of them BEFORE that stretch, there is no reason why this team should have jumped WSU unless they had quality wins recently. And unfortunately due to the shit that is the SEC basketball conference there has been nothing like that.

Also, I agree with Runeman (I think it was him, or one of the other UF fans). This team doesn't look like a FF team to me, so Chris Walker had better be a stud...(i thought the shit performance against richmond was maybe overlooking an inferior opponent, but this team looks exactly like the one that was up by like 2 with 4 minutes left in that game).

At this moment 'Cuse is most definitely the favorite, which makes me want to punch myself in the balls considering how much better I think Arizona was than the rest of the field before Saturday

I still like Syracuse and I also like Duke and Kansas. IMO, Duke really turned themselves around and really could have won that game in the Dome. When Syracuse goes to Duke; I suspect there will not be a 34-17 foul shot difference between the two teams. Possibly a little home cooking there???

Just can't agree with your support for Wichita St. Don't think they belong in the top 10 much less in the top 5. They are going to win out and I doubt that Florida, Arizona, and Syracuse will win out. If that were to happen, does that mean you believe that Wichita St. is the NR1 team???...;not me. I would love it it Wichita St. got the Nr1 seed and Florida gets the 2 spot in the same bracket. IMO, Florida beats that team easily and I believe that any other top 10 beats that team as well.

Very sorry to see such a quality player, Brandon Ashley go down. A big guy who scores and rebounds is tough to replace. That is really going to make Arizona's trip to the final 4 an up hill battle. Losing to Cal was a surprise, however when you best shooter goes 1-14 things usually don't go well.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, everyone set the rules earlier this year... and the rule is "You can't use injuries as an excuse"

Florida's only two losses came with significant injuries / suspensions... and those weren't valid justifications for the loss per everyone on these boards... we just "suck"

Karma is a bitch...

really, you are going to use what idiot Wisconsin fans have said about your loss to them and pretend like I have ever once said something like that? And suspensions and minor injuries are similar to losing our starting power forward for the season, with a possible career threatening injury? Have some class. I have never once said florida sucks, so you can get the fuck out if you think that's what i meant.

And you are going to say Karma is a bitch? You sir, are an asshole for a statement like that.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Syracuse and I also like Duke and Kansas. IMO, Duke really turned themselves around and really could have won that game in the Dome. When Syracuse goes to Duke; I suspect there will not be a 34-17 foul shot difference between the two teams. Possibly a little home cooking there???

Just can't agree with your support for Wichita St. Don't think they belong in the top 10 much less in the top 5. They are going to win out and I doubt that Florida, Arizona, and Syracuse will win out. If that were to happen, does that mean you believe that Wichita St. is the NR1 team???...;not me. I would love it it Wichita St. got the Nr1 seed and Florida gets the 2 spot in the same bracket. IMO, Florida beats that team easily and I believe that any other top 10 beats that team as well.

Very sorry to see such a quality player, Brandon Ashley go down. A big guy who scores and rebounds is tough to replace. That is really going to make Arizona's trip to the final 4 an up hill battle. Losing to Cal was a surprise, however when you best shooter goes 1-14 things usually don't go well.

I don't think WSU could beat florida, so I apologize if that's the way my post sounded. I was simply making the case that typically a team will jump over another team in the rankings when there are losses, or quality wins. As Florida fans can you really tell me that you have had lots of quality wins lately? Of course not, you haven't played anyone and that's not your fault. It's your conference schedule that had you playing the worst teams in the SEC at the beginning of your slate. How in the hell is that such an insulting thing to point out?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think WSU could beat florida, so I apologize if that's the way my post sounded. I was simply making the case that typically a team will jump over another team in the rankings when there are losses, or quality wins. As Florida fans can you really tell me that you have had lots of quality wins lately? Of course not, you haven't played anyone and that's not your fault. It's your conference schedule that had you playing the worst teams in the SEC at the beginning of your slate. How in the hell is that such an insulting thing to point out?

I don't feel insulted because you might be right. Florida has Tennessee and Kentucky away next week and that is when we shall see. We should win at Knoxville, however they really play well there and they have some size and talent. IMO, Kentucky will be favored in Lexington, however I like our chances as IMO, our traps will result in some turnovers as the Harrison twins really are not that good at handling the ball. It's their size and athletic ability under the basket is what concerns me. I'm afraid that Walker is in for a really bad day messing with those guys. Kentucky is a much better team as all those freshmen now have 22 games behind them. There is still time for Walker to get better and after seeing Billy Donovan's reluctance to play Walker down the stretch speaks volumes regarding his opinion of how effective Walker would have been.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss still may emerge along with Mizzou. Mizzou is in a low ebb point right now losing the last two games to Kentucky and Florida on the road. Not many other teams could play back-to-back games against those two and come out unscathed. They did beat Ucla and Northwestern. And before you say "WTF????..NW?????, you had better check the B1G standings.

You also better check their game against....DePaul.

Northwestern is playing some better ball now, but they can only be considered a bad loss. Never a win worth noting.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really, you are going to use what idiot Wisconsin fans have said about your loss to them and pretend like I have ever once said something like that? And suspensions and minor injuries are similar to losing our starting power forward for the season, with a possible career threatening injury? Have some class. I have never once said florida sucks, so you can get the fuck out if you think that's what i meant.

And you are going to say Karma is a bitch? You sir, are an asshole for a statement like that.

Wow resorting to name calling? I think you misread me... but I will leave it up to you to apologize.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Northwestern is playing some better ball now, but they can only be considered a bad loss. Never a win worth noting.

Northwestern is rolling... hopefully they can make the tourney field this year.

Go Cats!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW is tied for fourth in "THE" Conference that was said to be "THE BEST" top from bottom. They have 8 conference games left. If they aren't becoming a legit team in "THE" conference then somebody better step up and beat them soon. They will probably lose the MSU and OSU games, however the others are still in doubt which could give them a possible 11-7 or 10-8 record. At some point every game they win isn't an upset anymore.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel insulted because you might be right. Florida has Tennessee and Kentucky away next week and that is when we shall see. We should win at Knoxville, however they really play well there and they have some size and talent. IMO, Kentucky will be favored in Lexington, however I like our chances as IMO, our traps will result in some turnovers as the Harrison twins really are not that good at handling the ball. It's their size and athletic ability under the basket is what concerns me. I'm afraid that Walker is in for a really bad day messing with those guys. Kentucky is a much better team as all those freshmen now have 22 games behind them. There is still time for Walker to get better and after seeing Billy Donovan's reluctance to play Walker down the stretch speaks volumes regarding his opinion of how effective Walker would have been.

Kentucky's entire game will depend on their guard play. When they play well, they win... but unfortunately they have played like crap too many early games this season which tainted their perception. A few games I watched it was hard to watch them even shoot... they weren't even hitting the rim. Lately however, they seem to have found their groove which is scary...

Remember they were ranked #1 to start the year for a reason... because everyone believed with their talent they had the ability to be there. Have they gotten over the hump and are they starting to mesh? If so, it could be an interesting March.

I just hope Walker continues to develop so he gets significant minutes. We saw tonight what he does from a shot blocking perspective... and he is much better offensively than either Young or Will ... who I don't think can take us to the final four. We rely too much on our guards for offense... and when they have bad nights, our big men simply can't make up for it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow resorting to name calling? I think you misread me... but I will leave it up to you to apologize.

you quoted a post about arizona, talked about injuries and people saying yours weren't an excuse for losing, and then said karma is a bitch.

Ya, that was really hard to interpret. I will always apologize if there is a good reason, but you might want to tell me what exactly you meant me to read when you typed that first

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think I agree. Any win against a team from a major conf. with a winning record is a good win.. especially if you can do it on the road.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker looked great last night, although I don't know what Mizzou's bigs were doing on defense for both of those alley-oop plays (especially the 2nd one).

He looks long and quick off his feet, with big potential to be a defensive anchor with his shot blocking.

He made the most of his limited minutes.