• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida just got better.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see NCAA clear 1 of these kids my first thought is NCAA is so inconsistent, pathetic.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Big news. Difficult situation to be in as a coach, though, IMO when you have to insert a big-time player to a team that is hot and playing well together.

Definitely a good problem to have though.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Big news. Difficult situation to be in as a coach, though, IMO when you have to insert a big-time player to a team that is hot and playing well together.

Definitely a good problem to have though.

I agree, the team chemistry is great right now. Billy is an awesome coach however, and I trust him to work the kid in in the best way for the team and the player. Never hurts to have another potential superstar hungry for playing minutes......

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL-RIIIIIIGGGGHHHT. This is big. I see no issue with that guy fitting in. He has been practicing with the team all year and he is big and we NEED big. We need soooo much more rebounding and this guy should help a lot. If this guy works out, I see Florida a final eight with a real shot at the final four.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With not much competition in the SEC now, I wouldn't be shocked to see UF run the table and possibly get a 1 seed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL-RIIIIIIGGGGHHHT. This is big. I see no issue with that guy fitting in. He has been practicing with the team all year and he is big and we NEED big. We need soooo much more rebounding and this guy should help a lot. If this guy works out, I see Florida a final eight with a real shot at the final four.

I think this is the difference between Florida being a solid squad with fringe Final Four contention, to one that can compete with Arizona, 'Cuse, MSU (if healthy), and Kansas for the championship.

This guy is a monster, I can't wait to see him play.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young folds like a cheap tent when playing against big men with skills, this is a welcome addition....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has been one of my 3 picks all year. This solidifies it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young folds like a cheap tent when playing against big men with skills, this is a welcome addition....

Agreed... Young and Will are so damn inconsistent offensively and as good as they are on defense, when they get in foul trouble, our team will struggle against top level competition.

From what I have seen, Walker changes that with some depth down low, a guy who can shoot the 3 and play everything from small forward to center... and is a shot blocking monster.

He put on 10 lbs working with the strength coach at Florida and the team nutritionist... so I am super excited to see him hit the court.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crapppp i wanted to think florida was a fluke

We haven't got much respect the last few years even though we have been to three straight elite 8's (and were upset in 2 of those and should have been final four bound).

And with SEC so weak this year, I am not sure how much we will get until the tourney starts.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That pretty much sums up the way I feel about Walker... we have been waiting on pins and needles since Jan 1st while the NCAA drags their feet with any decision. Been excruciating...

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Young and Will are so damn inconsistent offensively and as good as they are on defense, when they get in foul trouble, our team will struggle against top level competition.

From what I have seen, Walker changes that with some depth down low, a guy who can shoot the 3 and play everything from small forward to center... and is a shot blocking monster.

He put on 10 lbs working with the strength coach at Florida and the team nutritionist... so I am super excited to see him hit the court.

What’s his FT%?

Seriously this is a major problem with Young and Leugette. One of the bigs has to be able to hit a clutch FT down the stretch, hopefully this guy will. I get scared anytime our team is up by less than 15 pts with 3 minutes left cause I know what’s coming at the line......... turrible.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both Young and yeguette suck at foul shooting; actually neither one really has any shot at all; however both are scrappers and over the course of a game, they get theirs. The real talent is the overall team defense and a bench that can keep us in the game when the starters are resting. The guy who needs to get better at the foul line is Wilbekin, as he handles the ball a lot and it is him that has to make the foul shots at the end of the game. Should win tonight, however A&M could be a problem as Walker is not cleared to play until sometime next week.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord I wish Duke could get a 6'11" guy to add to the roster NOW. Florida was a Final Four team before this addition or at the very least a #1 or #2 seed.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both Young and yeguette suck at foul shooting; actually neither one really has any shot at all; however both are scrappers and over the course of a game, they get theirs. The real talent is the overall team defense and a bench that can keep us in the game when the starters are resting. The guy who needs to get better at the foul line is Wilbekin, as he handles the ball a lot and it is him that has to make the foul shots at the end of the game. Should win tonight, however A&M could be a problem as Walker is not cleared to play until sometime next week.

aTm just lost to usc....i think we will be alright.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aTm just lost to usc....i think we will be alright.

you're probably right; they had some good wins earlier; not so much now. Wonder if they have some injuries as losing to USC is not good.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M is not a bad team at home... and keep in mind all of our SEC road wins have been by 6 pts or less.

Game tonight makes me nervous