• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Gannon, my apologies, its a FF thing, I get it.

Yah, for as nice of a guy as Uh is he likes to talk a ton of trash when he plays fantasy. I think most here would enjoy having him if he wanted in.

dabisket08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im down as well as long as we have room still. Harold has my email

dabisket08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First type is the only im framiliar with also. I don't know if most the board lives on the west coast but I live in the tri cities and I dont really have the money to make a day out of it currently.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First type is the only im framiliar with also. I don't know if most the board lives on the west coast but I live in the tri cities and I dont really have the money to make a day out of it currently.

As of right now the league has not been created because I had some questions that I wanted everyone to have a input into.(I want to make sure everyone feels a part of this.) And I just wanted to point out we have ton of time before a league needs to be created. (we are not even in training camp yet.) I have been looking into creating the league from espn fantasy website and learned a few things.

1.In order to create the league you (me in this case) must pick a date and time before the league can even begin. So I want to see whats a good day for everyone. example I can not do Monday's, I have no time during those days. Also I'm assuming everyone wants to do this in the afternoon. (somewhere from 6 to around 9 being the mostly likely to fit for everyone?) So we need to figure out a good time/date for everyone.

2.I can change the points total for really everything. And I'm thing of making ints cost more (currently mins two, thinking three or four points) and giving the def the same.Meaning int Qb are going to cost you, which I feel is more real. (everything right now is up for debate, majority rules if people don't like that)

3.I can change the amount of players (meaning we can play we two QBs at the same time and only one RB or anything else we want to do).

4. We can play up to 20 players (currently have 7, including you) were you play on evens. (4 or 6 or 10, can't play with a odd number of players)

5. You can also make it private so only those you want in can join and that's what I'm thinking of right now. It means you need a password to get in, I would than put the password on this page so you and everyone can get in.

6. Lastly the name for the league, I don't really care what it is but I was thinking something seahawk related but I'm willing to take any names, so if you post and others like it than that will become the name. (majority rule, I don't need super majority's :nono:)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a riot and I think I am flattered...I think.
Yes, Gannon and I have competed H to H. He is a tough competitor and champion talker of all things smackwise. He got the trophy in 09, with Phat barely beating me out in the conference championship.
I won it in 10 & 11, but got blown to pieces in 12.
My problem is having some time. Working with 2 bands and running a biz that generates $20M annually in sales kind of takes it out of me. I ask for a reserve spot on the team and understand your need to fill it.
So, I would love to be 1st standby!:lame::omg::wtf2::what::burt::sorry:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to be a hell of a FF league. Tell me is Phat much of a trash talker? Seems like a sharp dude.

Anyway I'll cross my fingers and hope you can join the fun. The trash talking could reach category 3 ranking!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a riot and I think I am flattered...I think.
Yes, Gannon and I have competed H to H. He is a tough competitor and champion talker of all things smackwise. He got the trophy in 09, with Phat barely beating me out in the conference championship.
I won it in 10 & 11, but got blown to pieces in 12.
My problem is having some time. Working with 2 bands and running a biz that generates $20M annually in sales kind of takes it out of me. I ask for a reserve spot on the team and understand your need to fill it.
So, I would love to be 1st standby!

Where is uhsplit? If he joins I want in too. Some unfinished business to take care of between me & him :hellno::bullshit:

So dose that mean your in? Seeing as how uhsplit is in standby?

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that we let Gannon play, and if Uhsplit can somehow find time, I hope he joins 2. Im already getting excited and laughing because we all love the hawks, so who and how soon is somebody gonna draft RW. lol

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submit...
that if you (FBMonkey) are willing to commit the time,...
then you gets to be the Commish...
and the Commish sets the rules as he sees fit...

I would also be ok with voting/suggesting/debating...

My friend bisket, I was not suggesting we actually meet, just seemed that second style would be fun for a meeting type draft. Just imagine the shit talking !!

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K guys, I'm definitely down for this. Ive played espn ff for atleast 4 yrs now and play consistanly to the end of the season. I think we should do it as a keeper league to add some more strategy in there. Looking at the response to this thread so far, maybe a 16-team league? That would get interesting!!!

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know of a very good free voice chat program called dolby axon. I think this would be a great idea for atleast the draft, as communication makes everything more fun. Would you guys be down for that? I use dolby axon in an MMO game I play, and it helps a lot. Its a free download. Just search dolby axon on google and download. I can get us hooked up to be in the same room. Does this sound cool, or too over the top? After all, you can always delete the program after the draft.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I submit...
that if you (FBMonkey) are willing to commit the time,...
then you gets to be the Commish...
and the Commish sets the rules as he sees fit...

I would also be ok with voting/suggesting/debating...

My friend bisket, I was not suggesting we actually meet, just seemed that second style would be fun for a meeting type draft. Just imagine the shit talking !!

Ya it sounds like most people just want to do a normal draft so that's what we are going to do. And I don't mind being the commish but I do want to hear everyone's thoughts/voting/debating on the items because that will make the league feel like everyone's a part of it and really get the community together (after all this is a new board). Also its not like we have to make it in 24 hours before the season starts, so why not talk about how we want the league.:suds: Like HaroldSeattle said it's the off-season, and this is the hardest part of the year, (no football) so I thought this would be a great time to talk about a league/football.

Also I like the idea of it being a keeper league, never played one before

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll join unconditionally, so long as there are at least 12 or 14 teams.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll join unconditionally, so long as there are at least 12 or 14 teams.

By my count including you we have 10 people saying they will play. As of right now I am not including Uhsplit mainly because he has not fully committed.:10:

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been as interested in Defenses as I have become this last year. FF for me has only ever been "all inclusive" for the D, i.e. we would choose so many Offensive Backs, Receivers, a Tight End, etc. but were limited to any one NFL team's Defense as a singular entity.

I am intrigued by the possibility of using Cornerbacks as a singular Fantasy player.
Passes allowed/defended, interceptions, YAC allowed, tackles, complete shutdowns?...
Linebackers could work too.

Is that even possible to do currently?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been as interested in Defenses as I have become this last year. FF for me has only ever been "all inclusive" for the D, i.e. we would choose so many Offensive Backs, Receivers, a Tight End, etc. but were limited to any one NFL team's Defense as a singular entity.

I am intrigued by the possibility of using Cornerbacks as a singular Fantasy player.
Passes allowed/defended, interceptions, YAC allowed, tackles, complete shutdowns?...
Linebackers could work too.

Is that even possible to do currently?

So I had know idea if it was so looked into it for you and here are all the things I can change and the total amount you can change for each position to the max (your lineup card). I did not know there were so many and one I found really odd. I'm sure you'll be able to find it.:rollseyes: Just know the more we add the more time you will need to set aside for the draft/week to week setup.

Quarterback (QB) 6

Team Quarterback (TQB) 4

Running Back (RB) 8

Running Back/Wide Receiver (RB/WR)
Wide Receiver (WR) 5

Wide Receiver/Tight End (WR/TE)
Tight End (TE) 5

Flex (RB/WR/TE)
Offensive Player Utility (OP)
Defensive Tackle (DT)
Defensive End (DE)
Linebacker (LB)
Defensive Line (DL)
Cornerback (CB)
Safety (S)
Defensive Back (DB)
Defensive Player Utility (DP)
Team Defense/Special Teams (D/ST)
Place Kicker (K)
Punter (P)5

Head Coach (HC)
Bench (BE)
Injured Reserve (IR) 4

It was HC. Really? How does that work?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the HC works lmaoo in ff. I always like to include IDP's. Linemen, backers and backfield. Start 2 QB's, RB's and WR's. Start 1 PK,TE and maybe a team DEF.

As for, how well you do, depends on the health of your players taken in the first 5 rounds. Everybody seems to have a pretty good team to start the season. It can become mediocre quick after one injury. :yahoo:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the HC works lmaoo in ff. I always like to include IDP's. Linemen, backers and backfield. Start 2 QB's, RB's and WR's. Start 1 PK,TE and maybe a team DEF.

As for, how well you do, depends on the health of your players taken in the first 5 rounds. Everybody seems to have a pretty good team to start the season. It can become mediocre quick after one injury. :yahoo:

Whats an IDP? So one vote for playing with 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1PK, TE, team def
Lineman/backers/backfield- How many? And that's for expressing opinion.:clap:

I'll write it down and once more people have voted with put in update so everyone knows where we stand on players,league type, ect. Also do you have aday/time that works for you??:noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By IDP I think he means individual defensive player.