• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey wanted to create a thread to ask if anyone wanted to play. We could have it were the players are from our own board or include other fans if we wanted. I just thought with so many new people on the board this would be a great way to enter act with everyone and give us something else to talk about.

Just wanted to say I have played three years (never very good, always end up 7-9 or 8-8) but I never created a league before. Also Ive only used the ESPN FF league before, so I don't care if I create or if someone else wants to either way would be fine with me, just know I would be a noob if I was in charge.

Also I think their should be some grounds rules before anyone decides if they want to do this
(these are not in stone but Ideas I think would work best)
1.Willing to put in the time, if you couldn't because something comes up (that's life) be willing to pass the team to another member?
2.Having to keep roster up to date. (injuries,byes,ect)
3.No quitting if you fall behind(like if you start out 0-4 or something)
4.Maybe we create a thread with a sticky were we post the match up and allow everyone to talk about whose playing who or why we pick one player over another (again a way to get everyone in the new board to be a part)

So before anything can really start moving lets see if anyone's interested, if not than that's fine, just thought it would be something fun that could unite the board and give us more football to talk about. Now I end this long speech with a quote from a man whose never learned the word surrender

"GO HAWKS"

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it could be fun. I only been in a couple of FF leagues over the years. This the off season so it may take a bit for posters to check in on FF league. I think when the season gets closer this FF league should be a go. The biggest thing is getting posters to commit to the time it takes, nothing worst then someone who just quits.

Anyway I think its a fun idea, I just hope its not to early to get posters to commit. Also I want to give you( FirebreathingMonkey) kudos for being willing to take this on.

We need members to be willing to help keep things interesting and take on some extra work.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be down.

I didn't do fantasy baseball this year out of worries about not being able to keep up since I get busy so frequently. But last year despite having a very busy schedule I kept up vigorously with my fantasy football league so you can count me in.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it might be too early, but it beats the heck out doing nothing or worse rehashing the same old bits of information around and around. As for the time commitment that's my biggest fear, it could ruin the whole thing, that's why I like the idea or being able/willing to pass the team to someone else if both sides where willing.

My vision or idea would be each week all players posted thier lines up where it showed we was playing who and on slow days like Tue/Wes/thus kind of thing everyone would be able to talk about the match ups. After all those days are days to recover/wait for next week. This would allow for trash talking (within reason, not super[ing]) and could really help get people to enjoy coming here during the season to talk about Seahawks (how can Seahawks be a missspelling?) or anything else.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please include me.
Let me know if I may help as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only put money on fantasy baseball, I am sucking it bad this year lol...I am down for having a team in this league. I have always used yahoo..team "Tacomasquatch" woot

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is uhsplit? If he joins I want in too. Some unfinished business to take care of between me & him :hellno::bullshit:

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon is that really you, if so, please act like the grown up you have become on espn, please don't go back to your crazy ways, I promise I will pay attention to you since you have truly shown you have grown up over the years. Honestly u were one really whacky guy and girl peoples I have ever read what was going on in your head, but you deserve a second chance and maybe after all these years u can actually can gain some respect on a message board. If you go back to your old ways on here, they will kick you off, so please stay sensible. Also leave uhsplit alone, you both already finished your business years ago, its done. Stay grown up Gannon.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry guys, I forgot 2 say if you have a open spot in your league I will happily play with you guys and promise to play the whole year through. Please keep me informed. Thanks guys.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes..Chill..I know the deal with the rules are over here. I've played in a league with Uh in 2009 and 2011. I won it one year, he dubiously knocked me out of the playoffs to win the other & then I got squeezed out from joining last year. I need to see if he is a fluke or for real...plus he tried to hurt my feelings when I started Alex Smith.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I solemnly swears,
A.) To play as competitively as I am able regardless of how well/poorly my season is going.
B.) To play through to the end of the season even if I am in last place.
C.) To endeavor to smack talk plentifully, in a manner that is fun for all involved.
D.) To attempt to take first place from all you assholes.:lock1::sly:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in. Looks like a good start. Data surely will want to join and I know some posters that haven't checked in for a bit played FF.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Gannon, my apologies, its a FF thing, I get it.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE UPDATE

Well it looks like no one wanted to volunteer to create the league so I guess that's my job. (unless someone jumps in):rollseyes: As of right now I plan on creating the league using ESPN's Fantasy league unless someone has another option or really hates Espn. Therefore I am asking for a vote on what type of league dose everyone want to play in. (I only know two types).

types
1. When its your turn you pick your player than the next guy. (normal for most)
2. You pick a player your turn THAN that player goes up for bidding. Each player gets 200$ and if you pay enough money his yours. (this is free no real money would be involved) Its an auction and if you don't budget your money your out of luck.

So far these people have said they want in and I hope you will tell me which you guys want to play. majority rules, not voting with be the same as absentee vote. (you get what you get)
1.C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan
2. HawkSquatch
3. Kyle
4. HaroldSeattle
5. BigBlueNation111
6.FirebreathingMonkey.
(if your on the list and don't want to play just say and if you want in there is still room)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo: Alright Firebreathing Monkee kudos for stepping forward. I really don't know enough to do it so...thumbs up for doing this.

As for which type, the first choice sounds good because it sounds faster, but I'm good either way.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a long as the first one each bid has a time limit and as you get into your 5 or 6 pick you just don't have the money to keep it going. Its something I think everyone should at least try once, but I like the draft. Makes me feel like a real GM.:laugh3:

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thank you as well.

I am ok for both, and would fall towards the first style if pressed.

The second type sounds fun. Seems it would be better suited for a draft the type where all the guys go and meet up at a coffee house or wherever.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:I just want to warn all of you I may not have been in a lot of FF leagues but lastyear I came in second in a league that had like 20 members. I plan to kick all your sorry asses.

Last edited by a moderator:

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I plan to kick all your sorry asses.

Ha ha ha !!!

Then it has begun !!

I'll have you know my ass is not 'sorry' about anything and would like nothing less than to voice its smelly opinion in the general direction of your team's direction general.

I Vocalize... excuse me... Colonize the minds and thoughts of your silly 'team' up to now undisclosed though it may be with feelings full of fear and fresh feces foolish friend...

MEOW !!

Please have a pleasant Monday evening...