• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exum Wants to Play for Lakers!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, keep acting like you're a know-it-all. once again who knows what would've happened. i didn't predict one way or the other, but imo they CERTAINLY be better than what they are now...

Which would have put them in the worst possible scenario for a draft pick. Going into this season, they were likely looking at sitting right around .500 which would have them at about the 10th seed or so.

Best case (Kobe comes back and stays healthy, Pau and Nash stay healthy) and they maybe sneak in to the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed which would be even worse than if they finished around .500.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEVER said that.
You are mixing me up with some other poster (s).

I never said more then next 2 years.

I can make a realistic evaluation of what to expect

This is true. Pretty sure it was Botslayer that said the Lakers won't make the playoffs as long as Kobe is on the team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Pretty sure it was Botslayer that said the Lakers won't make the playoffs as long as Kobe is on the team.

He said but you know when he starts drinking, he likes that cheap coors instead of the good stuff, so mabe he doesn't remember saying it:laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Lakers would be a bottom feeding franchise.

I am simply stating that due to current situations players are coming to LA for money, not because they think they will be winning a ring for the next 2 years. After that it all can change but not even the owners thought they were going to contend with this version of Kobe. They have the money to wiggle around the contract but it would be difficult.

And yes, I know that Jerry Buss is not the only owner of the LA Lakers. Please explain to me how past Laker ownership means that current Laker ownership will win titles?

@TLF If Kobe or Gasol make the playoffs again in a Lakers uniform I will never post on this forum again, are you will to make the same bet?

Here is one of your posts Botslayer - sure sounds like to me you are saying the Lakers will nver make the playoffs if Kobe or Gasol is in a Lakers uniform

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he only plays 2 more season, chances are FAR greater that he never sniffs the playoffs again then does.

They snuck in last year on the last day of the season.
Now Kobe is 2 years older and coming off major injury.
The West is loaded, and you are currently the worst team in it.

Question for you.
Which of the current top 6 teams in the West do you feel won't be playoff worthy the next 2 seasons?
Then, Dallas is in a good position to improve. Memphis is pretty solid.

Then you have some up and coming teams like New Orleans, Phoenix.

They are now, where you are hoping to be.
They have nice young players.
Are you hoping to draft someone better this year then Anthony Davis?

The climb in the West is much harder then in the East.

Turnup brain also basically said the same thing -

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnup brain also basically said the same thing -

Serious question.:wtf2:
Can you read the first line.
Does it not say " if he only plays 2 more seasons"? Isn't that what I have consistently said?

This is the 2nd time in recent history ( Magic Johnson the other), where you ignored fact, right in front of your face and somehow turned it into you thinking you were accurate.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question.:wtf2:
Can you read the first line.
Does it not say " if he only plays 2 more seasons"? Isn't that what I have consistently said?

This is the 2nd time in recent history ( Magic Johnson the other), where you ignored fact, right in front of your face and somehow turned it into you thinking you were accurate.

Yes I understood that part and that's the part I disagree with. In fact the next two years is the only thing on my mind right now and I say that with the right players coming to the Lakers - they can and will make the playoffs. I absolutely disagree with the concept that the Lakers automatically won't make the playoffs if Kobe plays. I think it's retarded to say that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I understood that part and that's the part I disagree with. In fact the next two years is the only thing on my mind right now and I say that with the right players coming to the Lakers - they can and will make the playoffs. I absolutely disagree with the concept that the Lakers automatically won't make the playoffs if Kobe plays. I think it's retarded to say that.

Are you bi-polar?

Every other post you say that I said the Lakers would NEVER make the playoffs as long as Kobe is on their roster. That simply is false.

Disagreeing or offering a different view/ opinion on the 2 year thing is something entirely different.

I don't envision it, you do. Fine. I get it. Time will tell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: In my late 20's thru early 30's, Coors was the only beer I would drink. Then I discovered Guinness and Micro-brews.

Guinness is a bit too common around here. I don't mind Coors though - very easy to drink!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guinness is a bit too common around here. I don't mind Coors though - very easy to drink!

Yeah, I'd imagine so. Guinness is actually my 2nd favorite these days. My favorite is a local micro-brew called Arrogant Bastard Ale!!

th

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Amsterdam last year and visited the Heineken museum/brewery. The best tour I ever had! Made me look at Heineken at a different light.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're on that topic now, I've become an avid IPA guy. My favorite beer right now is the Green Flash West Coast IPA.

2 best breweries in the country, imo, are Green Flash (San Diego) and North Coast (Colorado). North Coast makes an ale that is called Red Seal Ale. It's the closest thing to a good IPA I've had, without calling it an IPA.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lakers fan, alcohol is a fans best friend when watching the team play this year.

Alcohol has given me a big case of the "I don't give a shits" about this year's games. Yet also given me a grande notion of ideas of what the future could hold.