• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Positive to take from tonight for a Nuggets' perspective

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • With no backup true center available, we were the smaller team by a wide margin tonight, and needed all five guys committed to rebounding, and that is what happened as Mike Malone mentioned in one timeout.
  • We made Kuzma into a bona-fide scrub tonight banging with Paul Millsap. With a more aggressive Millsap, you could forget about this particular matchup.
  • Monte Morris was certainly not afraid of the moment, even seen jawing with LeBron and LeBron needing to be restrained at one moment.
  • Down four in the final minute of regulation, we could have easily folded under pressure. Some critcal defensive stops and some clutch plays by Murray was able to force overtime.
  • Gary Harris has been in a rather significant funk of late. If anyone needed a confidence boost from the three-pointer to tie the game at 116, it was him.
  • One may suspect the the officials may fag out and give the Lakers a significant amount of sympathy calls for this whole Kobe thing. That was not the case tonight, though. It was good to see Jokic get the benefit of the call tonight on that last rebound.
  • A good crowd overall in Denver tonight. Our fans for the most part were able to fend off the usual sea of frontrunners that typically flood the gates when LeBron takes the court.
All in all - Down one starter as well as a backup center to spell Jokic and keep him out of foul trouble, this is about the result you'd expect for tonight. Jokic still needs to learn how to close in pressure situations, and he will. We'll definitely be the fresher team come May and hopefully June. That being said, Jokic needs to be prepared to impose his will if we draw Houston in the first round given their new-found small ball approach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful lot of words to say "we lost".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Nuggets is that team that will always finish near the top in the regular season but they will always lose in the playoffs. I could see them making a Finals one year but they will lose. I just get that feel from this team, too much competition in the West and they compete but in the end, just never enough.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an awful lot of words to say "we lost".

That you captain obvious. You expected me to create a thread titled "the sky is blue".

I probably should have taken note of the "unwritten rule" on here that you're not allowed to create threads about the stuff that actually takes place on the court, only the end result.

Congratulations, though. Your win one week ago today all but secured you the Western Conference regular season trophy, assuming it exists. :10:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you captain obvious. You expected me to create a thread titled "the sky is blue".

I probably should have taken note of the "unwritten rule" on here that you're not allowed to create threads about the stuff that actually takes place on the court, only the end result.

Congratulations, though. Your win one week ago today all but secured you the Western Conference regular season trophy, assuming it exists. :10:

Uh, what?

What does this teenage girl rant of yours have to do with you using a lot of words to say "we lost"?