• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embarrassing

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to you FFL: "People who are fighting for civil rights are tired of hearing that we’re divisive. And we’re tired of calls for unity that are really calls for silence and accommodation. Rather than accepting the false and deceptive claim that our tactics are working against unity, I would ask you instead: What terms of unity would you have us accept?"

That we're all the same so stop pretending otherwise. But that's been said forever and some people don't listen or really hear. In other words, try living King's dream instead of talking about it.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a battle no one is going to win. As long as there are differences in races and beliefs there will always be a division. The funny thing is that if we were all the same color and had all the same beliefs I bet people would find a reason to complain about being the same. :D I am proud to live in a country were you are free to express your beliefs. I don't have to agree to them so express away.

If you are that bothered by it write to the NFL and it's sponsors to tell them you are not going to purchase their products if they support this behavior. The NFL players are all sponsored by the Networks who pay a lot of money for the right to advertise during football games.

Seems pretty extreme for something that will not last for long. They could sit for decades to come but, eventually, the press will not consider it newsworthy. I am interested to see what they do when no one is watching any longer.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That we're all the same so stop pretending otherwise. But that's been said forever and some people don't listen or really hear. In other words, try living King's dream instead of talking about it.
If your life is anything like your posts on this site; you're King's nightmare.

Grow up and practice what you preach.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a quote from MLK hanging in my son's bedroom. My son goes to school out of zone to go to a school that is 90% black. And I grew up only 5 blocks away from where Iverson did (which wasn't the good part of town, but still had a lot of good people in it). So don't give me that chit. The thing that MLK preached was the CHARACTER OF A MAN.. not the COLOR of his skin. That gets overlooked, quite a bit.

I stand by the fact... of measuring the fruit of the actions. MLK faced oppression, but brought people together. Black Panthers simply created division, and 'black' unity - which created more division between people. Where does the fist in the air come from again??? And how did these actions do anything to bring people of all color together??? Absolutely "NOTHING!" But it has caused now INCREASED an issue of division and made an issue that was lesser.. a greater one. I'm not dictating terms... I'm simply observing the affects of the actions that were chosen. They did nothing to bring people together. Just like "black lives matter" create the affect that others do not. That is not unity, and that was not what MLK was about either. So stop using his name for your own purposes instead of what his were.

FFL, i'm disappointed you still don't get it. I wish you had just said "i don't get it". Oh well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your life is anything like your posts on this site; you're King's nightmare.

Grow up and practice what you preach.

King would call all of you bitches. He was talking back when no one was, not now when it's turned into nothing but noise because it's so over talked about and rarely walked about.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King would call all of you bitches. He was talking back when no one was, not now when it's turned into nothing but noise because it's so over talked about and rarely walked about.
Yeah, :kissass:you don't know the first thing. Your choice to stay mad/offended or whatever is wrong with you. This thing is going to continue inspite of your wittle fewings.

In the meantime, while don't you go back to concentrating on Carson Wentz's "ailing footwork" that you were so worried about. After all, it was what you were complaining about a month ago that would doom him:pound:.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a certain someone saying they'd pick Jared Goff, and Laremy Tunsil, over Carson Wentz. Wentz didn't play against any real teams in college, wasted picks for this guy. Set this franchise back multiple years!! AHHHH

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember about 80% of the NFL elite and draft gurus thinking the same thing.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFL, i'm disappointed you still don't get it. I wish you had just said "i don't get it". Oh well.

What you don't get.. is just how counter productive this has all been. you/they say this was done to bring the subject to light for the purpose of creating unity. It has nationally caused far more division. You, sir, are the one that doesn't get it. Nor do you see what true injustice really is. This is no longer the 60's. Nor do you see just how much whites and others have done to help. It's a slap in the face, just as it is a slap in the face to the country that gives this freedom. You are the one that doesn't get it, and it makes people care less and less about your cause/whining.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Doug Baldwin just schooled Colin Kaepernick; this is what I was talking about back on page 1 in being similar to Dwayne Wade. Fact gathering, talking to all involved, trying to bring everyone together in a non-confrontational environment, actually doing something rather then being decisive with his "pig socks" and donating a bit of money to some organizations -- which is fine they need money -- but that doesn't make you a leader of a movement or really involved your just like all the other millionaires looking for a tax write-off.

Seahawks' Doug Baldwin calls for nationwide review of police policies

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, :kissass:you don't know the first thing. Your choice to stay mad/offended or whatever is wrong with you. This thing is going to continue inspite of your wittle fewings.

In the meantime, while don't you go back to concentrating on Carson Wentz's "ailing footwork" that you were so worried about. After all, it was what you were complaining about a month ago that would doom him:pound:.

They fixed the footwork in camp. Plenty of talk about it needing fixing back in OTAs. Pay attention. And I commented how good it was after the first game. You don't have the first clue about nothing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get.. is just how counter productive this has all been. you/they say this was done to bring the subject to light for the purpose of creating unity. It has nationally caused far more division. You, sir, are the one that doesn't get it. Nor do you see what true injustice really is. This is no longer the 60's. Nor do you see just how much whites and others have done to help. It's a slap in the face, just as it is a slap in the face to the country that gives this freedom. You are the one that doesn't get it, and it makes people care less and less about your cause/whining.

9% drop in ratings. 9%! For the NFL!! Just crazy the kind of damage they've done. This shit is going to back fire. The owners will be turning on them soon.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a quote from MLK hanging in my son's bedroom. My son goes to school out of zone to go to a school that is 90% black. And I grew up only 5 blocks away from where Iverson did (which wasn't the good part of town, but still had a lot of good people in it). So don't give me that chit. The thing that MLK preached was the CHARACTER OF A MAN.. not the COLOR of his skin. That gets overlooked, quite a bit.

I stand by the fact... of measuring the fruit of the actions. MLK faced oppression, but brought people together. Black Panthers simply created division, and 'black' unity - which created more division between people. Where does the fist in the air come from again??? And how did these actions do anything to bring people of all color together??? Absolutely "NOTHING!" But it has caused now INCREASED an issue of division and made an issue that was lesser.. a greater one. I'm not dictating terms... I'm simply observing the affects of the actions that were chosen. They did nothing to bring people together. Just like "black lives matter" create the affect that others do not. That is not unity, and that was not what MLK was about either. So stop using his name for your own purposes instead of what his were.
You bring up some good points. Division only adds more problems. I could easily accept an organization
called People against police violence. Plus I would imagine that some whites and Hispanics have been victims
in similar conditions. Also I have never seen a situation in the news where an Asian decent has been a victim.
There are better ways to protest in my opinion.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up some good points. Division only adds more problems. I could easily accept an organization
called People against police violence. Plus I would imagine that some whites and Hispanics have been victims
in similar conditions. Also I have never seen a situation in the news where an Asian decent has been a victim.
There are better ways to protest in my opinion.
I think that is part of the problem with the BLM movement. I think it needs to be a more generalized thing, not just something that looks like it is pointed towards white people. I think there are black people that need to be convinced that black lives matter and bring down the black on black crime.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all lives matter. It would appear that a lot of people think that as White Americans we are somehow immune to oppression or racism. Here is a quote from the brother of the shooting victim in Charolette.

"The brother of Keith Lamont Scott, the Charlotte man shot and killed by police whose shooting led to riots overnight, called all police and white people “fucking devils” in an outburst to local media.

Asked if there was anything people should know, the man, Tim Jackson, responded, “Just know that all white people are fucking devils. All white cops are fucking devils, and white people.”

The officer who shot and killed his brother was black."

I have European and Hispanic bloodlines but I look white. My grandmother barely spoke English. Why do I not care about what race you are? My mother taught me to be a good person. My kids aren't racist because I taught them to be good people.

HATE is taught!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all lives matter. It would appear that a lot of people think that as White Americans we are somehow immune to oppression or racism. Here is a quote from the brother of the shooting victim in Charolette.

"The brother of Keith Lamont Scott, the Charlotte man shot and killed by police whose shooting led to riots overnight, called all police and white people “fucking devils” in an outburst to local media.

Asked if there was anything people should know, the man, Tim Jackson, responded, “Just know that all white people are fucking devils. All white cops are fucking devils, and white people.”

The officer who shot and killed his brother was black."

I have European and Hispanic bloodlines but I look white. My grandmother barely spoke English. Why do I not care about what race you are? My mother taught me to be a good person. My kids aren't racist because I taught them to be good people.

HATE is taught!

Classic blame whitey syndrome. It's a disease and it's rampant.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayso...I'm a fully dyed red Republican (Reagan/McCain, not Trump/Cheney), but just look at the numbers. It doesn't matter what the denominator may be, the truth is that 16-46 year old black males in a questionable/tenuous legal situations are given far less latitude than a 16-46 year old white guys loitering on a street corner in South Philly or selling weed to soccer moms in Lower Merion. No one can truthfully deny that there is a clear double standard.

That said, the police and other first responders have a job far stressful and way more dangerous than any of ours. They need to make very serious decisions with the ultimate consequence in a split second. Given that fact, I don't have the unreasonable expectation that they make the right decision 100% of the time, but the deciosn needs to be "legitimate"t I do expect and legitimate evaluation of the situation. Being trigger happy isn't "legitimate."

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only selfish, myopic people don't care what's happening and can't see it growing. I'm sorry that you do not understand that some law abiding citizens are provided more freedom in this country than others for all the wrong reasons.

Further, prior to this post, I haven't assigned color to the current events. You did. Good Day.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fixed the footwork in camp. Plenty of talk about it needing fixing back in OTAs. Pay attention. And I commented how good it was after the first game. You don't have the first clue about nothing.
what a miracle! they fixed his disasterous footwork in less than a month! The new trinity is Jesus christ, Doug Pederson and Frank Reich!

These are the gems of football advice i've come to count on eaglenuts for over the years:pound: