• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Schedule

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't know about all that. After NE, it looks pretty rough the rest the way.

I think I'd be happy with 10.
I think the Bears lose a lot of games early in the season, but get their stuff together as the season progresses. I don't think teams are going to want them on their schedule towards season's end.

7-10

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears lose a lot of games early in the season, but get their stuff together as the season progresses. I don't think teams are going to want them on their schedule towards season's end.

7-10
You think we repeat last season? Would be pretty weird. Especially considering how light our schedule is the first 10ish weeks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the Bears lose a lot of games early in the season, but get their stuff together as the season progresses.
Could see Texans, Rams and Jags being 50/50 early. Worst case we could start 3-3.

Think the difference may boil down to Eberflus actually letting the offense gel in preseason by playing significant snaps in preseason.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7-10
Nice to be back in the good ol' USA. Loved our Euro tour, had a blast, but I'll take our turf over theirs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm not of the same opinion with respect to the schedule and record. If we're losing the majority games in the early or first half of the schedule, then the chances of us have a winning season would be greatly reduced, because the back half looks to be a lot more difficult, at least on paper.

You think we repeat last season? Would be pretty weird. Especially considering how light our schedule is the first 10ish weeks.
Yeah, if we get off to the same start as last year, I think heads would roll, starting with Flus. But I don't think we will, this is a much more solid, well-put-together roster than the one which broke camp in '23.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could see Texans, Rams and Jags being 50/50 early. Worst case we could start 3-3.

Think the difference may boil down to Eberflus actually letting the offense gel in preseason by playing significant snaps in preseason.

I do, especially with a new OC, new system, and a rookie QB.
Teams do not play their offenses in preseason. It is all vanilla. Not sure how great an o builder that would be.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams do not play their offenses in preseason. It is all vanilla. Not sure how great an o builder that would be.
While that may be true, does it really help a QB to play better if they aren't actually PLAYING?
The experience can still help with timing, anticipation, huddle communication, rhythm, etc. Some of the knocks on Fields were in connection with these areas.

In 2023, Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes attemped 17 passes in preseason. CJ Stroud attempted 20.
Justin Fields = 9.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, especially with a new OC, new system, and a rookie QB.
The reason we have those new things is because of how bad our offense had been, though. You're acting like we won those 7 games due to our offense being successful. We didn't. Our defense was BY FAR our best unit and that is still completely intact. Both system and personnel. It's even further along a year, actually. Also, remember that new offenses also succeed often in year 1 and then struggle in year 2 when leagues get film on the new QB/offense.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we have those new things is because of how bad our offense had been, though. You're acting like we won those 7 games due to our offense being successful. We didn't. Our defense was BY FAR our best unit and that is still completely intact. Both system and personnel. It's even further along a year, actually. Also, remember that new offenses also succeed often in year 1 and then struggle in year 2 when leagues get film on the new QB/offense.
You are presuming I think the Bears offense was great last season. It wasn't. I think everyone knows that it was bad.

No, I am saying we have a new system and a rookie QB to run it. It will not be as great as some are suggesting. In fact, I think it will look bad the first few games until Caleb gets things figured out.

I hope I'm wrong. But I probably am right.
That is why I say 7-10.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are presuming I think the Bears offense was great last season. It wasn't. I think everyone knows that it was bad.

No, I am saying we have a new system and a rookie QB to run it. It will not be as great as some are suggesting. In fact, I think it will look bad the first few games until Caleb gets things figured out.

That is why I say 7-10.

Theres definetley gonna be ups and downs his first season......I highly doubt he has a Stroud type of year.....the addition of Swift should help keep some of the pressure off till he gets fully comfortable........I just hope the oline plays well......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why I say 7-10.
And yet, the Bears still managed to win a slew of games. If the O is slightly better this year, why not the expectation to win a few more than last year?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres definetley gonna be ups and downs his first season......I highly doubt he has a Stroud type of year.....the addition of Swift should help keep some of the pressure off till he gets fully comfortable........I just hope the oline plays well......
While I won't rule out Caleb having a "Stroud type of year", I'm gonna play it on the safe side by taking the approach that you're more right than wrong. And of course the key to the passing numbers he produces this year will be greatly impacted by how our OL performs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the Bears still managed to win a slew of games. If the O is slightly better this year, why not the expectation to win a few more than last year?
When you think about it, last year we were three chokes short of a 10-7 season. That's not to suggest this was a 10-7 roster - good, playoff bound teams rarely, if ever choke away 3 games in a single season. So no excuses. But the possibility was there, this can't be denied.