• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then he and Pop worked it out and Aldridge had a great year

If they do trade Kawhi, that team is going to turn into a contender and if he goes to a contender that team could be a super team. That is if he is healthy. I’m sure lots of teams would give their left nut and probably both to get him

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just gets old hearing year after year--- the Cavs defense sucks, the Cavs are weaker than they have ever been, the Cavs are more likely to lose in the East then win the title blah blah blah- but those people never having the balls to actually pick against them.....

Actually I just did bet against them.

On the other had, nobody praises them more than you, but you don’t have the balls to bet on them to win it all.

We know you are content with the annual runner up trophy.

Funny thing is you also think LeBron is.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just gets old hearing year after year--- the Cavs defense sucks, the Cavs are weaker than they have ever been, the Cavs are more likely to lose in the East then win the title blah blah blah- but those people never having the balls to actually pick against them.....

This bullshit is old and tired and you need to quit crying.

Saying a team isn't as good as the previous season or has struggled in a certain area, but still should be able to win a series doesn't lack balls. It just requires having a basic knowledge of the game and acknowledging that the best player on the planet plays for that team.

It also acknowledges that, with the Celtics injuries, there isn't a team in the East that can beat a team with Lebron on it.

And for the record, the Cavs have already had a harder time getting top where they are now than in the past because the Pacers took them to 7 games. That's more losses in the playoffs than they've had in what? The previous 2 years combined? 3?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isnt pure speculation lmao. They both had roles in the championship win. Is it speculation without Ray Allen Miami doesn’t get a ship? No it isn’t, they don’t one. Period

Ray Allen made the shot to put them in the position to win it.
Does another player make that same shot? We’ll never know.

Did J.R. or Tristan hit the winning shot?
Were they even on the court?

Yes, they had roles, but if they weren’t on the court the Cavs weren’t going to play 3 on 5.
You have no idea who would have been on the roster or what they would have contributed.

In addition, those signings eat up a huge portion of salary.
If having them precludes the Cavs from adding, and what they have isn’t enough to win, then they have to be considered bad signings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since @WiggyRuss is dodging the question, lets open it up to the board as trivia.

Why did Griffin leave the Cavs?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would anyone pick against the Cavs this year? It could not shape out any better after round 1.

With Kyrie available, Boston likely finishes 1st and Philly probably make it to the ECF.

You could very well make a case for the Cavs road to the finals in mid to late March looking like this:

Indiana>Boston (with Kyrie)>Philly

Sounds much more challenging than Indy, Toronto, and Boston (without Kyrie)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- as i said- this is what i know

Sunday night my team will be playing in the Eastern Conference Finals and will be the favorite to win the series.

Its been extremely fun watching LeBron and the Cavs win these last two series and this next series- win or lose- should be a helluva good time as well.

If they win this series- great- if not- its been fun---- if they get to the Finals- I cant wait to meet some friends downtown for a Friday or Saturday night game, have a few drinks and watch The Cleveland Cavaliers compete for the NBA Title for the 4th straight year.

After that- win or lose- they have a lotto pick in one of the best drafts in years- an incredibly valuable asset.

Ill take that any day over 6 straight years without a playoff win, my team owing their lotto pick to Philly for a trade that happened over half a decade ago, and the most noteworthy/biggest media story about my team being the loud mouth dad of one of the players, and 5 straight losing years and still not having a definitive for-sure franchise player to show for it.

You love your Lakers, I'll love my Cavs.

I can tell you pretty easily who's situation I would rather have.

wow, that's an awful lotta words to deflect what you yourself implied...:rolleyes2:

but hey, it's good to know you have your excuses lined up. like you're really "enjoy" what's gonna happen to the Cavs once the finals roll around...:pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh don't worry. when the finals get here i'm DEFINITELY betting against them...

#havenofear

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6... But then again I picked Philly and even gave the Bucks a big chance in the previous series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know......you said 51-49 Cavs make it out of the east...wont be surprised if the Cavs lose , blah blah blah --- but will never actually pick against them.....love to knit pick but would never have the balls to say- Celtics/Raptors/Whatever Eastern Conference Team the Cavs play will win.

In my humble opinion- only a fool would bet against LeBron making it out of the East until it actually happens.

And I did not pick against them, so not sure what your point is here.

They were and are clearly more vulnerable than they ever have been over the last 4 years. But, I don't see anybody in the East with the firepower and the experience needed to beat them.

Next year could be different, but like you said, until it happens Cleveland is obviously the team to beat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since @WiggyRuss is dodging the question, lets open it up to the board as trivia.

Why did Griffin leave the Cavs?

Bc Gilbert didn’t want to pay him and it wasn’t that much.

Look Gilbert will fucking spend to keep Lebron there NOW, but how do you low-ball a guy like Griffin who was a key to their championship? I like that Gilbert will spend as much as possible, but he is also an idiot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc Gilbert didn’t want to pay him and it wasn’t that much.

Look Gilbert will fucking spend to keep Lebron there NOW, but how do you low-ball a guy like Griffin who was a key to their championship? I like that Gilbert will spend as much as possible, but he is also an idiot.

Yes he is.

I have never completely understood Wiggy's affinity for Gilbert.

How long do you think it takes Gilbert to Get to the salary cap floor once LeBron moves on? I am guessing 2 years tops. Gilbert will spend when he has to, but he isn't the free spender Wiggy implies. If he were, Griffin would still be the GM and Cleveland would have an even better team today.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that's an awful lotta words to deflect what you yourself implied...:rolleyes2:

but hey, it's good to know you have your excuses lined up. like you're really "enjoy" what's gonna happen to the Cavs once the finals roll around...:pound:

Basically he’s working on his speech to accept the Cavs runner up trophy.
Cavs won’t be there in person, because unlike Wiggly they (LeBron) know a loss is a bust.

My guess is the music ends and the hook comes out to yank him off the stage before he finishes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is of the belief the roster redo pulled off by his former protege, Koby Altman, who succeeded him as GM in Cleveland, on Feb. 8 will work in the Cavaliers’ favor when James comes to a conclusion.

“It’s funny: I think the trade [deadline] thing and Hail Mary are some things that actually work in [the Cavaliers’] favor to this extent,” Griffin said. “When LeBron’s on a one-year contract every year, you don’t get to be long-term sustainable. … You have to win right now and put him in a position or frame of mind where he believes he’s going to win in the future.

“So to some degree, he puts himself in that situation as well. And I think he appreciates that because it’s what gives him the ability to make Cleveland do what they did— he doesn’t care whether Cleveland has nothing left if he walks. He cares that Cleveland believes in him enough to invest in him, and I think they did that.”

In doing so, Griffin said, it showed James that Gilbert is standing by his promise to do and spend whatever it takes to keep the Cavaliers a championship contender.

“So the message they’re sending to him is, “Look, we still get it,'” Griffin said. “That’s meaningful, and if you’re Dan Gilbert, you really have to do that.”

Ok.
I read it.
The Cavs made moves, but really just reshuffled the deck because he didn’t like the cards he was playing with.

The moves created better team chemistry, but the talent level didnt increase or better their cap sutuation.

To boot, they lost Griffin over peanuts, which is Gilberts true M.O..