• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs losing now would just be a bonus, even though its highly unlikely.

Its more like its going to suck for the Cavs because there is another round after this.

It doesn’t suck, everyone knew what would happen before the season but not many thiught the Cavs would be competing for a title with this roster

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can’t be right but looking at BPI Playoff Odds currently:

NBA title chances:

Houston - 55.6%
GS - 28.6%
Boston - 13.4%
Cleveland - 2.4%

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t suck, everyone knew what would happen before the season but not many thiught the Cavs would be competing for a title with this roster

When James was here, Heat fan never had that mindset.
Its championship or bust if you have James and the leagues highest payroll.

And whats “with this roster”?
Its built around James.
Pure shooters getting wide open looks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA title chances:

Houston - 55.6%
GS - 28.6%
Boston - 13.4%
Cleveland - 2.4%

Agree
Its not accurate.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what hes talking about

im having a ball watching this team and LeBron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA title chances:

Houston - 55.6%
GS - 28.6%
Boston - 13.4%
Cleveland - 2.4%
they also had the raptors as huuuuge favorites over the Cavs if i am not mistaken.....

we all see how that turned out

<----------------------------- 2x my v-cash! lol... as if it means something

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean--- how much fun is it just to be in the 2nd round and play Toronto and kick some butt?

let alone hopefully kick some butt in the conference finals with the eyes of the whole baskestball world on just you and one other series- to see lebron do his thing in his prime- to see this team start to come together etc....

and then of course hopefully making the finals and the whole basketball world is just watching you and one other team--- having crazy nights in downtown cleveland- great weather- watching the games at a bar on a weekend night.....fucking awesome if you ask me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series prices

Cavs -275
Warriors -190

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth:

Cavs -1 game 1
Rockets -1.5 game 1
It's weird the Rockets are a slight favorite in game 1 but a slight underdog to win the series. Basically it's a tossup, and that's due to HCA. Without that it's Ws in 5

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA title chances:

Houston - 55.6%
GS - 28.6%
Boston - 13.4%
Cleveland - 2.4%
BPI uses regular season records only I think

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean--- how much fun is it just to be in the 2nd round and play Toronto and kick some butt?

let alone hopefully kick some butt in the conference finals with the eyes of the whole baskestball world on just you and one other series- to see lebron do his thing in his prime- to see this team start to come together etc....

and then of course hopefully making the finals and the whole basketball world is just watching you and one other team--- having crazy nights in downtown cleveland- great weather- watching the games at a bar on a weekend night.....fucking awesome if you ask me.
Agreed, you don't have to win a title to enjoy being a basketball fan, especially if the greatest player of his generation is on your team. Or if your team is one of the best in history and they play a really exciting version of the game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on thought process.
I can look forward to the games regardless of teams playing, because Im a fan of the game.
Of course its a bonus if your favorite team is competing.

If theres such a thing.
Heat fans felt ‘pressure’.
Losing wasn’t anything to be happy or satisfied about.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When James was here, Heat fan never had that mindset.
Its championship or bust if you have James and the leagues highest payroll.

And whats “with this roster”?
Its built around James.
Pure shooters getting wide open looks.

The Heat also never faced a super team like the W’s. Now those Spurs and Celtics teams were great but not the W’s. Lebron is the only star. I’m sorry I dont care how many shooters you have you aren’t beating a super team with a loaded roster and 4 stars.

There is a difference between championship or bust and we know we can get to the Finals and then you have to play a team that basically can sit one of their stars and still win it all. With Lebron they will always have a chance but he would have to do something nobody has ever done before and average 50 10 10 against the best team ever offensively and possibly defensively. I know that makes sense

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird the Rockets are a slight favorite in game 1 but a slight underdog to win the series. Basically it's a tossup, and that's due to HCA. Without that it's Ws in 5

It Warriors had homecourt they’d prob be 3-1 (or better) favorites.
No chance Warriors lose 4 times in Houston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on thought process.
I can look forward to the games regardless of teams playing, because Im a fan of the game.
Of course its a bonus if your favorite team is competing.

If theres such a thing.
Heat fans felt ‘pressure’.
Losing wasn’t anything to be happy or satisfied about.

That Heat roater isn’t this current Cavs roster. Big 3 wise it isn’t close

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, you don't have to win a title to enjoy being a basketball fan, especially if the greatest player of his generation is on your team. Or if your team is one of the best in history and they play a really exciting version of the game.
I mean- shit- say curry turns his ankle a little bit- is at less than 100%, Houston wins this series.....its still so much fun to go through the playoffs and watch games- go out- weather is getting nicer etc.

Im HOPING- that one day soon we have a Game 3 in downtown Cleveland, series is split 1-1........its Friday night, 75 degrees out, a bunch of people out and about, etc.....

dont get me wrong- i hope the Cavs win- but even if they get swept by boston its been a blast just this far.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat also never faced a super team like the W’s. Now those Spurs and Celtics teams were great but not the W’s. Lebron is the only star. I’m sorry I dont care how many shooters you have you aren’t beating a super team with a loaded roster and 4 stars.

There is a difference between championship or bust and we know we can get to the Finals and then you have to play a team that basically can sit one of their stars and still win it all. With Lebron they will always have a chance but he would have to do something nobody has ever done before and average 50 10 10 against the best team ever offensively and possibly defensively. I know that makes sense

Whatever.
If he gets out superteamed, its just karma.
Maybe he should have considered needing future assets vs rewarding TT and JR for signing with him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- shit- say curry turns his ankle a little bit- is at less than 100%, Houston wins this series.....its still so much fun to go through the playoffs and watch games- go out- weather is getting nicer etc.

Im HOPING- that one day soon we have a Game 3 in downtown Cleveland, series is split 1-1........its Friday night, 75 degrees out, a bunch of people out and about, etc.....

dont get me wrong- i hope the Cavs win- but even if they get swept by boston its been a blast just this far.
I see what you did there. Points for trolling subtlety.