• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone pick against the Cavs this year? It could not shape out any better after round 1.

With Kyrie available, Boston likely finishes 1st and Philly probably make it to the ECF.

You could very well make a case for the Cavs road to the finals in mid to late March looking like this:

Indiana>Boston (with Kyrie)>Philly

Sounds much more challenging than Indy, Toronto, and Boston (without Kyrie)
thats what im saying

maybe at some point people will wise up....

but maybe not.

like i said- i couldnt possibly pick James and the Cavs to lose in the EAst until it actually happens unless LeBron got his foot cut off or something.....

maybe at some point people will realize the Cavs regular season team and the Cavs playoff team are two totally different animals. But you know what Einstein said- the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe at some point people will realize the Cavs regular season team and the Cavs playoff team are two totally different animals. But you know what Einstein said- the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not sure there is a difference between the 2 this year. They looked very shaky vs Indiana.They were pushed 7 games which never happens to LBJ in round 1.

The Toronto series means nothing to me. They're a mentally weak team and are always a defeated group before stepping on the court vs Cleveland in a playoffs series.

This Boston series will tell me if they're the different or not. Struggle and win in 6 or 7 will confirm that Houston/GSW will make quick work of them in 5.

Dominate this series and sweep or win in 5 and maybe we have an interesting finals

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what im saying

but maybe not.

like i said- i couldnt possibly pick James and the Cavs to lose in the EAst until it actually happens unless LeBron got his foot cut off or something.....

Lots of what if’s and we’ll never know, but if the Celtics were whole and healthy they for sure would be favored, and most people would pick them to win.

Toronto was favored but most didnt believe in them.

Are Cavs really playing that much different?

Pacers took them to 7.
I still have no clue what the Raptors were doing, but 2 of the 4 games were decided at the buzzer.

Boston is playing well.
I think James finds a way to not lose 4/7, but Celts will be a tougher out then for sure Toronto and prob Indiana.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure there is a difference between the 2 this year. They looked very shaky vs Indiana.They were pushed 7 games which never happens to LBJ in round 1.

The Toronto series means nothing to me. They're a mentally weak team and are always a defeated group before stepping on the court vs Cleveland in a playoffs series.

This Boston series will tell me if they're the different or not. Struggle and win in 6 or 7 will confirm that Houston/GSW will make quick work of them in 5.

Dominate this series and sweep or win in 5 and maybe we have an interesting finals
I am thinking 6 because if its 5 that means they would have to win 2 in Boston- and Boston has been extremely good at home in the playoffs.

have they lost yet at home inthe playoffs this year?

Cavs should close it out at home. Thats my guess.

George Hill being healthy really helps them. One of the risks of trading Isiah was they didnt have a legit backup pg after Hill unless you count Calderon and thats just not ideal in teh playoffs.

I think the Cavs, as long as James is back, will really look for a solid backup PG in the offseason- maybe with the mid level--- maybe with the Brooklyn pick, or maybe trading the Brooklyn pick.

Sexton of Alabama and Trae Young of Oklahoma are of course very intriguing options.

Unless Nick Gilbert somehow pulls a lotto win out of his ass.

If the Cavs get Doncic- oreven Jackson or Ayton- i mean--- i couldnt even imagine.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of what if’s and we’ll never know, but if the Celtics were whole and healthy they for sure would be favored, and most people would pick them to win.

Pacers took them to 7.
I still have no clue what the Raptors were doing, but 2 of the 4 games were decided at the buzzer.

Boston is playing well.
I think James finds a way to not lose 4/7, but Celts will be a tougher out then for sure Toronto and prob Indiana.
your such a cherry picking cry baby.....whine about the Celtics injuries but totally leave out the CAvs injuries vs. the Pacers.

ya think if the CAvs had been together growing chemistry the entire year, and had no injuries- and the Pacers were missing one of the most improtant players, one of the others had a bad hand, and they had turned over half the team a couple months ago and barely had any time to grow together it goes to 7.

this is not stuff i would say except to counter your abject bias and stupidity becuase i feel everyone else already knows it intrinsically--- you either (i) are in denial, (ii) are blinded by true butt-hurt rage, (iii) or are too dumb to realize it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pacers took them to 7.

Boston is playing well.

That is interesting.

Because I honestly believe that if Kyrie were playing Cleveland would be just as likely to win.

No chance LeBron would allow his team to get beat by a player who asked to be traded. We would see an extra special level of determination that only the true greats are capable of summoning.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your such a cherry picking cry baby.....whine about the Celtics injuries but totally leave out the CAvs injuries vs. the Pacers.

ya think if the CAvs had been together growing chemistry the entire year, and had no injuries- and the Pacers were missing one of the most improtant players, one of the others had a bad hand, and they had turned over half the team a couple months ago and barely had any time to grow together it goes to 7.

this is not stuff i would say except to counter your abject bias and stupidity becuase i feel everyone else already knows it intrinsically--- you either (i) are in denial, (ii) are blinded by true butt-hurt rage, (iii) or are too dumb to realize it.

My abject bias?

I said the Celts would be favored.
Did I say they’d win?
Where the fuck did I whine even in the slightest?

If Kyrie and Hayward are playing all season, maybe the other players don’t develope so quickly?

And, is George Hill the important missing player?
I mean he’s ok, but he’s only important cause the other PGs on the roster are garbage.

Pretty sure the Warriors are losing alot of sleep over George Hill. :pound:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting.

Because I honestly believe that if Kyrie were playing Cleveland would be just as likely to win.

No chance LeBron would allow his team to get beat by a player who asked to be traded. We would see an extra special level of determination that only the true greats are capable of summoning.

I get your point but I disagree.
A healthy Kyrie makes any team tougher to beat, regardless of opponent motivation.

Is James guarding Kyrie?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what im saying

but maybe not.

Are you a full fledged lawyer with the esquire and shit? Asked you a couple times and you haven't answered yet.....asking for a friend.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking food wasted but what else is new?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This puck ball may put me to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 pages and the series hasn't even started.....it's gonna be a great series.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I largely agree with your analysis... but ^this^ isn't true.

Yep. Horford will do just fine on him....

The sad part for the C's is they don't have Tristan "ball-less" Thompson.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Kyrie has missed a substantial part, or all of the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years

over the next 4 years of his career- if you were to guess how many times he would be healthy for the playoffs how many times would you guess? 3 at most?

Wait a minute......are you saying Irving is Mr Glass?

:scratch:

Could have sworn you said he wasn't when he WAS IN CLEVELAND.