• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is of the belief the roster redo pulled off by his former protege, Koby Altman, who succeeded him as GM in Cleveland, on Feb. 8 will work in the Cavaliers’ favor when James comes to a conclusion.

“It’s funny: I think the trade [deadline] thing and Hail Mary are some things that actually work in [the Cavaliers’] favor to this extent,” Griffin said. “When LeBron’s on a one-year contract every year, you don’t get to be long-term sustainable. … You have to win right now and put him in a position or frame of mind where he believes he’s going to win in the future.

“So to some degree, he puts himself in that situation as well. And I think he appreciates that because it’s what gives him the ability to make Cleveland do what they did— he doesn’t care whether Cleveland has nothing left if he walks. He cares that Cleveland believes in him enough to invest in him, and I think they did that.”

In doing so, Griffin said, it showed James that Gilbert is standing by his promise to do and spend whatever it takes to keep the Cavaliers a championship contender.

“So the message they’re sending to him is, “Look, we still get it,'” Griffin said. “That’s meaningful, and if you’re Dan Gilbert, you really have to do that.”

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is of the belief the roster redo pulled off by his former protege, Koby Altman, who succeeded him as GM in Cleveland, on Feb. 8 will work in the Cavaliers’ favor when James comes to a conclusion.

“It’s funny: I think the trade [deadline] thing and Hail Mary are some things that actually work in [the Cavaliers’] favor to this extent,” Griffin said. “When LeBron’s on a one-year contract every year, you don’t get to be long-term sustainable. … You have to win right now and put him in a position or frame of mind where he believes he’s going to win in the future.

“So to some degree, he puts himself in that situation as well. And I think he appreciates that because it’s what gives him the ability to make Cleveland do what they did— he doesn’t care whether Cleveland has nothing left if he walks. He cares that Cleveland believes in him enough to invest in him, and I think they did that.”

In doing so, Griffin said, it showed James that Gilbert is standing by his promise to do and spend whatever it takes to keep the Cavaliers a championship contender.

“So the message they’re sending to him is, “Look, we still get it,'” Griffin said. “That’s meaningful, and if you’re Dan Gilbert, you really have to do that.”

Not reading all of this, but remind us why Griffin left.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why...?

1) already picked the Cavs in 6...

2) LeClown can't be 3-6 if he doesn't make it back to the finals...:D

"i'm WiggyRuss. I love looking foolish"...:pound:
hey- as i said- this is what i know

Sunday night my team will be playing in the Eastern Conference Finals and will be the favorite to win the series.

Its been extremely fun watching LeBron and the Cavs win these last two series and this next series- win or lose- should be a helluva good time as well.

If they win this series- great- if not- its been fun---- if they get to the Finals- I cant wait to meet some friends downtown for a Friday or Saturday night game, have a few drinks and watch The Cleveland Cavaliers compete for the NBA Title for the 4th straight year.

After that- win or lose- they have a lotto pick in one of the best drafts in years- an incredibly valuable asset.

Ill take that any day over 6 straight years without a playoff win, my team owing their lotto pick to Philly for a trade that happened over half a decade ago, and the most noteworthy/biggest media story about my team being the loud mouth dad of one of the players, and 5 straight losing years and still not having a definitive for-sure franchise player to show for it.

You love your Lakers, I'll love my Cavs.

I can tell you pretty easily who's situation I would rather have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not reading all of this, but remind us why Griffin left.
if you read it you would probably realize--- LeBron just did not believe in Arison the way he has believed in Gilbert to put forth an A+ level commitment to winning.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
If he gets out superteamed, its just karma.
Maybe he should have considered needing future assets vs rewarding TT and JR for signing with him.

Well he vouched for TT he didn’t pay them. Without JR or TT they dont have one championship FYI

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he vouched for TT he didn’t pay them. Without JR or TT they dont have one championship FYI
TT and JR.....

both guys are still helping the Cavs win. Are their contracts expensive? Yes. Do they dog it at times in the regular season? Uh YAH. Do you wish ya had 35M in cap space to get an elite player? Of course (but they were over the cap anyway so- in a way it doesnt matter)---

but you are totally right- the Cavs would not have a title without either of them, and LeBron likes both guys, like playing with both guys, and respects both guys.

If they are good enough for LeBron, they are good enough for me.

They played some damn good ball this postseason already as well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you read it you would probably realize--- LeBron just did not believe in Arison the way he has believed in Gilbert to put forth an A+ level commitment to winning.

Can you read?

I asked you why Griffin left.

As far as what LeBron believed or didn’t believe, that’s mostly on him.
He requires team to sacrifice assets to help himself short term.
He puts teams in a position to where they can’t add much unless its a buyout.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6

I would not be shocked if the Celtics win the series with the way they compete and are able to finish games. But, LeBron is just too damn good.

Warriors Cavs round 4 coming to a theatre near you!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read?

I asked you why Griffin left.

As far as what LeBron believed or didn’t believe, that’s mostly on him.
He requires team to sacrifice assets to help himself short term.
He puts teams in a position to where they can’t add much unless its a buyout.
if you are two lazy to read 3 paragraphs then im too lazy to answer your question.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6

I would not be shocked if the Celtics win the series with the way they compete and are able to finish games. But, LeBron is just too damn good.

Warriors Cavs round 4 coming to a theatre near you!
we all know......you said 51-49 Cavs make it out of the east...wont be surprised if the Cavs lose , blah blah blah --- but will never actually pick against them.....love to knit pick but would never have the balls to say- Celtics/Raptors/Whatever Eastern Conference Team the Cavs play will win.

In my humble opinion- only a fool would bet against LeBron making it out of the East until it actually happens.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT and JR.....

both guys are still helping the Cavs win. Are their contracts expensive? Yes. Do they dog it at times in the regular season? Uh YAH. Do you wish ya had 35M in cap space to get an elite player? Of course (but they were over the cap anyway so- in a way it doesnt matter)---

but you are totally right- the Cavs would not have a title without either of them, and LeBron likes both guys, like playing with both guys, and respects both guys.

If they are good enough for LeBron, they are good enough for me.

They played some damn good ball this postseason already as well.

Kyrie hit the game winner.
Pure speculation on whether they win without JR and or Tristan.
If they aren’t on the roster, who would have been?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are two lazy to read 3 paragraphs then im too lazy to answer your question.

Or how about you shorten your bullshit into short sentences.

Nobody wants to read all that crap you post, even if you were a good poster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know......you said 51-49 Cavs make it out of the east...wont be surprised if the Cavs lose , blah blah blah --- but will never actually pick against them.....love to knit pick but would never have the balls to say- Celtics/Raptors/Whatever Eastern Conference Team the Cavs play will win.

In my humble opinion- only a fool would bet against LeBron making it out of the East until it actually happens.

Back to being Wiggy...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to being Wiggy...
it just gets old hearing year after year--- the Cavs defense sucks, the Cavs are weaker than they have ever been, the Cavs are more likely to lose in the East then win the title blah blah blah- but those people never having the balls to actually pick against them.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie hit the game winner.
Pure speculation on whether they win without JR and or Tristan.
If they aren’t on the roster, who would have been?

No it isnt pure speculation lmao. They both had roles in the championship win. Is it speculation without Ray Allen Miami doesn’t get a ship? No it isn’t, they don’t one. Period

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or how about you shorten your bullshit into short sentences.

Nobody wants to read all that crap you post, even if you were a good poster.

But it isn’t your problem, you just can’t read LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3