• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're both saying is, the only reason the 76ers haven't won a championship or even made it to the Eastern finals is because the league hindered you with the Colangelos? Come on now, you both realize how much of a shitty excuse that is right? Adam Silver and the NBA did not screw the Sixers. The Sixers screwed the Sixers. Y'all had 4 players averaging over 20 PPG, 7 averaging over 10 PPG, y'all had 2 players averaging a Double Double, one of the best defenses this year (Top 5 in Blocks per game, Steals per game), best free throwing team in the league.....yet y'all can't put it together in the postseason. That's not a front office problem. That's a player problem. That's a team problem where the players can't carry over the success from the regular season into the post season and y'all haven't been able to get it done in the postseason since we heard the phrase "Trust the Process". It didn't work, it doesn't work, it never will work and that's not because of the Colangelos.

Did it play a factor? Of course it did, but the process wasn't working even before the Colangelos came in so miss me with that BS excuse.

The process was absolutely working.

The 6ers had a huge cache of assets and they finally got their franchise players. They were ready to roll.

Colangelo made some awful moves and wasted many of their assets. So yeah. To say the 6ers got screwed is absolutely fact.

But to say the league and Colangelo screwed the 6ers on purpose is ridiculous. Colangelo was incompetent. He wasn’t trying to ruin the 6ers on purpose. He was just bad at his job.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to say the league and Colangelo screwed the 6ers on purpose is ridiculous. Colangelo was incompetent. He wasn’t trying to ruin the 6ers on purpose. He was just bad at his job.
It is ridiculous that it's true. The league never should have acted that way. Jerry and Adam never should have hand picked Jerry's son to fuck it all up. You don't understand because you don't want to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ridiculous that it's true. The league never should have acted that way. Jerry and Adam never should have hand picked Jerry's son to fuck it all up. You don't understand because you don't want to.

They should have never asserted the Colangelos into Philly. Agreed.

However, there is a 0% chance the league would screw Philly over on purpose. They inserted the Colangelos to insure the team was making short term moves to win games.

The dumb part was that Hinkie was ready to do just that. The tanking part of the process was over.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process was absolutely working.

The 6ers had a huge cache of assets and they finally got their franchise players. They were ready to roll.

Colangelo made some awful moves and wasted many of their assets. So yeah. To say the 6ers got screwed is absolutely fact.

The Process absolutely didn't work unless the goal was to make the playoffs but never make the conference finals.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Process absolutely didn't work unless the goal was to make the playoffs but never make the conference finals.
The Process was supposed to entail taking a bunch of swings to get elite talent. The Sixers mistakes lie in the stars they chased and the stars they gave up on. How can you say Joel Embiid didn’t work out? He’s been top 2 in the MVP race for the last 3 years. They made the wrong choice on keeping Butler over Simmons.

You just keep saying “no championship”. How Fucking dumb are you? One team wins a championship every year and all the rest fail. There is no kind of rebuild that guarantees a championship. The Process is tanking. Tanking works. That’s why people have done it and still do it. You still need competent leadership and decision making and that’s where the Sixers lack. In assessing the era one has to be fair in acknowledging that Silver and the NBA decided to mess with the Sixers front office in an unprecedented way. That’s not the whole reason why Sixers management has made mistakes like @eaglesnut says but it’s absolutely part of the story.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Process was supposed to entail taking a bunch of swings to get elite talent. The Sixers mistakes lie in the stars they chased and the stars they gave up on. How can you say Joel Embiid didn’t work out? He’s been top 2 in the MVP race for the last 3 years. They made the wrong choice on keeping Butler over Simmons.

You just keep saying “no championship”. How Fucking dumb are you? One team wins a championship every year and all the rest fail. There is no kind of rebuild that guarantees a championship. The Process is tanking. Tanking works. That’s why people have done it and still do it. You still need competent leadership and decision making and that’s where the Sixers lack. In assessing the era one has to be fair in acknowledging that Silver and the NBA decided to mess with the Sixers front office in an unprecedented way. That’s not the whole reason why Sixers management has made mistakes like @eaglesnut says but it’s absolutely part of the story.
I stopped reading after "How fucking dumb are you". I don't tolerate disrespect for no reason anymore. Fuck you, bitch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after "How fucking dumb are you". I don't tolerate disrespect for no reason anymore. Fuck you, bitch.
*any reason

Get back on the truck. That garbage isn’t going to pick itself up, Yinzer.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*any reason

Get back on the truck. That garbage isn’t going to pick itself up, Yinzer.
Fuck you, bitch. You can't even have a normal conversation with someone about sports. Grow up, pussy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you, bitch. You can't even have a normal conversation with someone about sports. Grow up, pussy.
I do that here all the time. Just ask others. All you bring to the table is repeatedly saying “no championship” to a nuanced conversation that has many layers. This is what simple people do and why society has never depended on you to do anything more than pick things up and put things down.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do that here all the time. Just ask others. All you bring to the table is repeatedly saying “no championship” to a nuanced conversation that has many layers. This is what simple people do and why society has never depended on you to do anything more than pick things up and put things down.
I don't give a shit what you do. Who the fuck are you? What authority do you have here where I need to just take what you do and not say something about it? I don't take disrespect when I didn't disrespect you first. So fuck you and fuck whatever it is that you're saying.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit what you do. Who the fuck are you? What authority do you have here where I need to just take what you do and not say something about it? I don't take disrespect when I didn't disrespect you first. So fuck you and fuck whatever it is that you're saying.
You already said that. You have anything else? Maybe post “no championship” again?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I must not because I thought the entire point of the NBA was to win championships, not to just make the playoffs and never reach a Conference Final. Sounds like Sam Hinkie was a fucking idiot then.
96.7% of the teams fail in winning a championship every year.
Find a new slant.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already said that. You have anything else? Maybe post “no championship” again?
Man, you can't read huh? How fucking dumb are you? Can't make out any other letters or words that I said other than "no championship"? Seem to be projecting a bit, huh?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that I'm arguing with a bunch of butthurt Sixers fans, of course they cherry pick what I say haha. Now that I know that, I'm not so mad anymore, more amused than anything. Now I can have some real fun with this!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving Friends Tv GIF

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what the Sixers have done since "The Process":

2017-18 - 3rd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-1
2018-19 - 2nd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3
2019-20 - 3rd in the division, 6th in the East, Lost in the First Round 4-0
2020-21 - 1st in the division, 1st in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3
2021-22 - 2nd in the division, 4th in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-2
2022-23 - 2nd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3

Now, like I said, but these Sixers fans seem to not be able to read very well, it's not just winning championships. I'll actually lay it out very nice and easily for even the dumbest Sixers fan to understand.

From 2017-2023 -
0 NBA Titles
0 NBA Finals appearances
1 Division Title
5-6 in Playoff Series

Here is also the "talent" that the Sixers tanked for. Once again, I'll lay it out very nice and easily for even the dumbest, most idiotic of Sixers fans can understand:

Jahlil Okafor, 3rd pick
Ben Simmons 1st pick
Markell Fultz, 1st pick
Zhaire Smith, 16th pick
Ty Jerome, 24th pick

So no, it's not just about not winning championships. It's also about not drafting well, it's about not even being the best team in the division, not even playing in the NBA finals, the team not showing up in the playoffs, spending all this money in free agency just to lose in the conference semifinals.

I know that was a lot of words and numbers and letters so let me just Tl;dr this for the dumb Sixers fans that can't read.

The whole point of playing a professional sport is to win a championship. If the goal of "The Process" was NOT to win a championship, then Sam Hinkie was setting up the Sixers for failure from the jump, because tanking for 5 years with the goal NOT being to win a championship is completely and utterly ridiculous. If the goal of "The Process" was to win a championship, then, by ALL definitions, they FAILED and it wasn't a success. If you are a Sixers fan and are happy with being under .500 in the playoffs, not making the Finals and only winning 1 division title, then hey, great job! I'm happy that you're happy! But if you are not happy with those numbers, then I'm sorry, but you have to admit that The Process didn't work.

That's my TED Talk, I'll entertain any respectful discussion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what the Sixers have done since "The Process":

2017-18 - 3rd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-1
2018-19 - 2nd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3
2019-20 - 3rd in the division, 6th in the East, Lost in the First Round 4-0
2020-21 - 1st in the division, 1st in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3
2021-22 - 2nd in the division, 4th in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-2
2022-23 - 2nd in the division, 3rd in the East, Lost in the Conference Semifinals 4-3

Now, like I said, but these Sixers fans seem to not be able to read very well, it's not just winning championships. I'll actually lay it out very nice and easily for even the dumbest Sixers fan to understand.

From 2017-2023 -
0 NBA Titles
0 NBA Finals appearances
1 Division Title
5-6 in Playoff Series

Here is also the "talent" that the Sixers tanked for. Once again, I'll lay it out very nice and easily for even the dumbest, most idiotic of Sixers fans can understand:

Jahlil Okafor, 3rd pick
Ben Simmons 1st pick
Markell Fultz, 1st pick
Zhaire Smith, 16th pick
Ty Jerome, 24th pick

So no, it's not just about not winning championships. It's also about not drafting well, it's about not even being the best team in the division, not even playing in the NBA finals, the team not showing up in the playoffs, spending all this money in free agency just to lose in the conference semifinals.

I know that was a lot of words and numbers and letters so let me just Tl;dr this for the dumb Sixers fans that can't read.

The whole point of playing a professional sport is to win a championship. If the goal of "The Process" was NOT to win a championship, then Sam Hinkie was setting up the Sixers for failure from the jump, because tanking for 5 years with the goal NOT being to win a championship is completely and utterly ridiculous. If the goal of "The Process" was to win a championship, then, by ALL definitions, they FAILED and it wasn't a success. If you are a Sixers fan and are happy with being under .500 in the playoffs, not making the Finals and only winning 1 division title, then hey, great job! I'm happy that you're happy! But if you are not happy with those numbers, then I'm sorry, but you have to admit that The Process didn't work.

That's my TED Talk, I'll entertain any respectful discussion.
A whole lot of words wasted because you can’t draw the line that needs to be drawn. There are two distinct areas:
1. Tanking to get access to assets and high picks - mission accomplished - this was The Process
2. Scouting and assessing pieces and then later developing the talent you accrue - a great big failure for the Sixers.

Tanking works. The Process worked. The problem is the decision making and what they did with those assets.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole lot of words wasted because you can’t draw the line that needs to be drawn. There are two distinct areas:
1. Tanking to get access to assets and high picks - mission accomplished - this was The Process
2. Scouting and assessing pieces and then later developing the talent you accrue - a great big failure for the Sixers.

Tanking works. The Process worked. The problem is the decision making and what they did with those assets.
The Process can't work unless ALL the pieces fit together. They got access to the picks, great, but they didn't use the access correctly. Can a chain work if a link is broken or disconnected? No. So, The Process is the chain, the picks, the scouting, the drafting, those are the links. However, the drafting and scouting links are broken, then the Process CAN'T be called a success because it wasn't successful. The Process wasn't just tanking, it was tanking combined with proper decision making. Tanking worked for them but the decision making wasn't there, therefore...The Process didn't work and wasn't a success.

Were the last 5-6 years failures? Not at all. But because of the lack of drafting and the lack of proper and good decision making from the front office, The Process cannot be called a success, even using your words along. Scouting and assessing pieces and then later developing talent was a GREAT BIG FAILURE for the Sixers. That scouting and assessing, it's a part of the Process. You can't have tanking and gaining access to high picks without the scouting and assessing talent. One can't work without the other, they both need each other to work. The Sixers don't have both, so it doesn't work.