• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early look @ 53

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is LJ Fort makes the 53 in place of Steve Johnson... And Matakevich makes it as well.

Will the team shop for another RB? Karlos Williams & Bishop Sankey are out there.

ILB...I think they got it right...Matakevich really showed he can play at this level and if need be I would expect him to be ready and know his position.

RB...maybe, but I have a feeling they won't make a move before game 1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dion Lewis comes back, what happens then?
I think DJ Foster will continue - James White could be the "man out"
Really? I would think James White's impressive contributions down the stretch last season would easily give him the job over Foster. I think I'd rather keep all those guys over Legerrette Blount, personally. That guy is a cancer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I would think James White's impressive contributions down the stretch last season would easily give him the job over Foster. I think I'd rather keep all those guys over Legerrette Blount, personally. That guy is a cancer.

Understand why you would feel that way about Blount. Seriously, it might just be that Blount and Bell shouldn't be hanging around together.
I don't like Blount because he is overrated. He is very top heavy and falls right over if touched from the side.....
White is not all that impressive between the tackles. DJ Foster is a better receiver. White is still on the bubble. Sankey could knock him off. We are still unsettled at RB.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand why you would feel that way about Blount. Seriously, it might just be that Blount and Bell shouldn't be hanging around together.
I don't like Blount because he is overrated. He is very top heavy and falls right over if touched from the side.....
White is not all that impressive between the tackles. DJ Foster is a better receiver. White is still on the bubble. Sankey could knock him off. We are still unsettled at RB.....
I agree that Blount is overrated. He's nimble for a big man, but it doesn't take much to take him down. White & Lewis are better 2nd-3rd down options. Not exactly the hard nosed runners that are used between the tackles. Hence why Blount is still on the roster.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian McCaffrey would look really good on the Patriots next year if someone doesn't come available.
DJ Foster could yet become a 3 down back. He has not seen enough practice to know what we have yet.
I don't see enough O-line improvement yet to be a power running team - that could change......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian McCaffrey would look really good on the Patriots next year if someone doesn't come available.
DJ Foster could yet become a 3 down back. He has not seen enough practice to know what we have yet.
I don't see enough O-line improvement yet to be a power running team - that could change......
I don't know much about Foster. But just a quick look at the measurables... 5'11" 198 lbs. Doesn't look like he has the frame to be a early-down/feature back. But that can be deceiving. Barry Sanders destroyed the league at 5'8".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Foster. But just a quick look at the measurables... 5'11" 198 lbs. Doesn't look like he has the frame to be a early-down/feature back. But that can be deceiving. Barry Sanders destroyed the league at 5'8".

Not predicting he will be. Pats are not settled and nobody is safe at RB. Nobody.....
I guarantee BB is paying attention to the waiver wire.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not predicting he will be. Pats are not settled and nobody is safe at RB. Nobody.....
I guarantee BB is paying attention to the waiver wire.....
From an outsider standpoint, nobody on the NE roster is safe outside of Tom Brady lol. BB is a mastermind of putting together a roster and getting the most out of everyone. I'll laugh my ass off if Barky Mingo becomes a pro-bowler in his first season outside of Cleveland.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsider standpoint, nobody on the NE roster is safe outside of Tom Brady lol. BB is a mastermind of putting together a roster and getting the most out of everyone. I'll laugh my ass off if Barky Mingo becomes a pro-bowler in his first season outside of Cleveland.

Mingo looked amazing in his 1st game with NE. Can't wait to see Carson Palmer trying to run away from this guy - very fast.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo looked amazing in his 1st game with NE. Can't wait to see Carson Palmer trying to run away from this guy - very fast.....
I always thought Mingo was misplaced in the Cleveland system. Only thing I don't like about him is he has a tough time shedding blocks.

I'm hoping the same thing happens with Justin Gilbert. Fingers crossed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mingo have a good season in NE...still a very athletic player...now in a winning environment, I can see BB figuring out how to unleash his potential. Like Face said...once the OT engages, it was always hard for him to make plays...not much wiggle in his game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread to give my prediction for the 2017 roster...

POS #...PLAYERS

OFC
QB 3...ROETHLISBERGER, JONES, DOBBS
RB 4...BELL, CONNER, TOUSSAINT, DAVIS
FB 1...NIX
TE 3...JAMES, JOHNSON, GRIMBLE
WR 5...BROWN, BRYANT, RODGERS, COATES, SMITH-SCHUSTER
OT 4...VILLANUEVA, GILBERT, HAWKINS
C/G/T 3... POUNCEY, FINNEY, HUBBARD
OG 2...DECASTRO, FOSTER

TOT OFC 26

DEF
DE 3...HEYWARD, TUITT, ALUALU
DT/DE 2...HARGRAVE, WALTON
OLB 5...DUPREE, HARRISON, WATT, CHICKILLO, MOATS
ILB 4...SHAZIER, V.WILLIAMS, S. JOHNSON, MATAKEVICH
CB 6...BURNS, COCKRELL, GAY, SENSABAUGH, HILTON, SUTTON
S 4...MITCHELL, DAVIS, GOLDEN, DANGERFIELD

TOT 24

ST 3... BOSWELL, BERRY, HOLBA

ROSTER 53

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread to give my prediction for the 2017 roster...

POS #...PLAYERS

OFC
QB 3...ROETHLISBERGER, JONES, DOBBS
RB 4...BELL, CONNER, TOUSSAINT, DAVIS
FB 1...NIX
TE 3...JAMES, JOHNSON, GRIMBLE
WR 5...BROWN, BRYANT, RODGERS, COATES, SMITH-SCHUSTER
OT 4...VILLANUEVA, GILBERT, HAWKINS
C/G/T 3... POUNCEY, FINNEY, HUBBARD
OG 2...DECASTRO, FOSTER

TOT OFC 26

DEF
DE 3...HEYWARD, TUITT, ALUALU
DT/DE 2...HARGRAVE, WALTON
OLB 5...DUPREE, HARRISON, WATT, CHICKILLO, MOATS
ILB 4...SHAZIER, V.WILLIAMS, S. JOHNSON, MATAKEVICH
CB 6...BURNS, COCKRELL, GAY, SENSABAUGH, HILTON, SUTTON
S 4...MITCHELL, DAVIS, GOLDEN, DANGERFIELD

TOT 24

ST 3... BOSWELL, BERRY, HOLBA

ROSTER 53
I think there are really only 3 question marks with my roster predictions.

1) COATES... Hunter & DHB are still very much in the equation. PG3 could determine the fate of that competition.
2) MATAKEVICH... Been hearing lots of good things, but so far in the preseason LJ Fort has impressed me more. If I had to choose one I'd go with Fort, but I have a feeling the coaches are still leaning towards Dirty Red. S-Johnson was injured so that could play into it.
3) CBs... With the recent addition of Phillips, Sensabaugh getting starting reps over Cockrell, and Sutton finally getting onto the field this week we could be in for a big shakeup on the depth chart. I think only Burns is locked in, but Cockrell is fairly secure.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are really only 3 question marks with my roster predictions.

1) COATES... Hunter & DHB are still very much in the equation. PG3 could determine the fate of that competition.
2) MATAKEVICH... Been hearing lots of good things, but so far in the preseason LJ Fort has impressed me more. If I had to choose one I'd go with Fort, but I have a feeling the coaches are still leaning towards Dirty Red. S-Johnson was injured so that could play into it.
3) CBs... With the recent addition of Phillips, Sensabaugh getting starting reps over Cockrell, and Sutton finally getting onto the field this week we could be in for a big shakeup on the depth chart. I think only Burns is locked in, but Cockrell is fairly secure.

Good pickup on Hilton...didn't see that coming. Yeah, if Sutton picks up where he left off in OTAs, mini camp, he could jumble up that depth chart.

Tomlin is saying this competition at the outside CB spot opposite Burns is for real, Sensabaugh has a shot there...I still think he's just motivating Cockrell which I like. If nothing else I think there is a good chance Cockrell is on a fairly short leash.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Thursday's Finale Makes Justin Hunter Great Trade Bait - Steelers Depot

This is probably how it's going to happen, Coates and DHB will beat him out in PIT, but Alex thinks Hunter has some trade potential, and a few of his options were not bad.

Is McClendon a better back up than McCullers at NT? I think so...the Jets need WRs...makes sense.

Kyle Fuller in CHI is a name we've talked about, and I've always liked his game...would CH like to unload a vet CBs, they just lost a key WR...makes sense.

His point is well taken...Hunter could bring back something in a trade.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Thursday's Finale Makes Justin Hunter Great Trade Bait - Steelers Depot

This is probably how it's going to happen, Coates and DHB will beat him out in PIT, but Alex thinks Hunter has some trade potential, and a few of his options were not bad.

Is McClendon a better back up than McCullers at NT? I think so...the Jets need WRs...makes sense.

Kyle Fuller in CHI is a name we've talked about, and I've always liked his game...would CH like to unload a vet CBs, they just lost a key WR...makes sense.

His point is well taken...Hunter could bring back something in a trade.
I'd love for Fuller to be in PIT. McClendon too. Like you said, both trades make sense. I'd much rather have Fuller though since the need is more pressing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3