• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early look @ 53

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him. He was an awesome return option. There's no reason Antonio is returning punts, in my opinion.
I don't know how you could call him an "awesome return option" when he has never fielded a punt or kickoff in an NFL regular season game. It was all potential based on his college career & very limited preseason work. Based on that alone he is very replaceable.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you saw the tweets I posted above, but apparently the Steelers have 54 names on the roster right now since Bell hasn't signed yet. 1 more player will get cut when he signs.

WR... I wonder if Ben had some say in it. He was loving Hunter in camp and he wanted him to stick around. Really thought Ayers would stick around if Knile Davis got cut. I have no clue who is going to fill the KR voids now. Davis & Toussaint were 1st team KR's, then Coates & Hamilton were 2nd team. All 4 are gone... Maybe they scoop someone up & release McCullers? Eli Rogers has been doing some PR, so maybe they give him the KR work as well?

D-Line... Joe Rutter with Tribe Live is thinking Dan gets cut in favor or a KR getting signed. I don't think they could afford to lose a hat on the D-line. My guess is Feiler.

Johnny Maxey didn't make the PS which confuses me. He was a stud.

54...yeah I saw it.

I thought for sure McCullers was gone, so that's my 1st thought as to who gets cut.

KR...good point. It'll be interesting to see what they do, but I'm sure AB will be in MT's hear.

DL...I'll try to dig around...I did read somewhere last week that Hooks was coming on, but I thought Maxey was in favor as well for 53...PS for sure if he cleared.

***Breaking news***...lol

Steelers trade for Wilcox 

This moves was rather expensive for a probable reserve, but I like the depth better with him.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you could call him an "awesome return option" when he has never fielded a punt or kickoff in an NFL regular season game. It was all potential based on his college career & very limited preseason work. Based on that alone he is very replaceable.

Isn't that what drafting him was based on? Potential? Then we just let him go two years in a row? He was good in the games he played in last year. Idk, just think we could use better and smarter returner options than our starting WRs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what drafting him was based on? Potential? Then we just let him go two years in a row? He was good in the games he played in last year. Idk, just think we could use better and smarter returner options than our starting WRs.
Yea but he was nothing more than a 7th Rd pick. He is a good player, but I think he's very replaceable. And FWIW I've been wanting to remove AB from PR for years. I hold my breath every time he fields a punt. Scares the shit outta me. Like i said before, I expect Eli Rogers to be handling the PR's this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54...yeah I saw it.

I thought for sure McCullers was gone, so that's my 1st thought as to who gets cut.

KR...good point. It'll be interesting to see what they do, but I'm sure AB will be in MT's hear.

DL...I'll try to dig around...I did read somewhere last week that Hooks was coming on, but I thought Maxey was in favor as well for 53...PS for sure if he cleared.

***Breaking news***...lol

Steelers trade for Wilcox

This moves was rather expensive for a probable reserve, but I like the depth better with him.
DL... Maxey cleared waivers but didn't get signed to the Steelers PS. He's currently a FA. Hooks made the PS so maybe there was more to that Hooks vs. Maxey convo than I originally thought. We'll have to keep our ears to the ground on McCullers. Tomorrow Bell signs his tag so more roster moves are coming. And now with the addition of Wilcox.. yet another spot needs to be cleared

Wilcox... Another hard hitting safety with coverage issues. Hooray. Wonder if this move makes Golden or Dangerfield expendable? Not sure if they want to carry 5 safeties? Both Golden & Dangerfield are ST hammers.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Steelers sign TJ Ward as he's not winning anything in Tampa Bay, but at least they did something with the Haden signing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, the biggest problem with Ayers he never claimed a role. PR has been there for the taking for years...I'm not even thinking the player needs to be as good as AB...just productive...I don't recall him making many standout plays when he was playing...WR or ST.

I think once they decided to trade Coates, Hunter was going to make this team as the back up deep threat....if he didn't make it, Coates was likely the 6th guy.

He's got some game, but he's not better than Rogers or AB...just a tough squad to crack with Bryant back. Wish him the best...he should get picked up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL... Maxey cleared waivers but didn't get signed to the Steelers PS. He's currently a FA. Hooks made the PS so maybe there was more to that Hooks vs. Maxey convo than I originally thought. We'll have to keep our ears to the ground on McCullers. Tomorrow Bell signs his tag so more roster moves are coming. And now with the addition of Wilcox.. yet another spot needs to be cleared

Wilcox... Another hard hitting safety with coverage issues. Hooray. Wonder if this move makes Golden or Dangerfield expendable? Not sure if they want to carry 5 safeties? Both Golden & Dangerfield are ST hammers.

Bell's spot...McCullers/Allen/Hawkins/Feiler/Dangerfield? If I had to guess it would be McCullers

Wilcox spot...Allen/Hawkins/Feiler/Dangerfield? These sort of strange moves often have a motivation that we don't see initially...based on the magnitude of this salary, I have a feeling they are not comfortable with Mitchell's health, he hasn't been available much at all this preseason, I'm not sure if he's played in any games...I continue to believe both OL would get scarfed up quickly so they will be last resort to expose.

Allen...same here. Either they take the risk exposing one of those 3 or I think Dangerfield or maybe even Golden could be in trouble.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Steelers sign TJ Ward as he's not winning anything in Tampa Bay, but at least they did something with the Haden signing.

Better player, no question.

TJ Ward signed a 1 yr/$4 mil deal in Tampa...maybe a little steep for PIT after the deals they've made...I think Mitchell is still considered the man @ FS, but there might be concern on his health so they went and got insurance in Wilcox. That's me reading into it anyway.

If you go after Ward...I think you're saying Mitchell's days are over...he's better, but also 30.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better player, no question.

TJ Ward signed a 1 yr/$4 mil deal in Tampa...maybe a little steep for PIT after the deals they've made...I think Mitchell is still considered the man @ FS, but there might be concern on his health so they went and got insurance in Wilcox. That's me reading into it anyway.

If you go after Ward...I think you're saying Mitchell's days are over...he's better, but also 30.

Isn't Mitchell 30 also? Truthfully if that was an option I would have been happy but I doubt they had the cap space and without a guaranteed taker for Mitchell probably wasn't worth the cap issues.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster moves continue for Steelers 

Steven Johnson brought back. Sutton to IR. Dangerfield waived/injured. 1 addition means there still needs to be 1 subtraction. Confusing, right? But Joe Rutter has the details as to why that is:

Sad to see Dangerfield get waived. But they need able bodies fast with Mitchell still nursing injury. Wilcox addition made someone expendable. Bad timing for an injury for Dangerfield. He may still be PS eligible so I'm hoping he gets brought back in. They still have time to designate the IR-recall. IIRC they have up to a few weeks into the season, if not longer. Last year they waffled between Dupree & Golson for quite some time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Mitchell 30 also? Truthfully if that was an option I would have been happy but I doubt they had the cap space and without a guaranteed taker for Mitchell probably wasn't worth the cap issues.

yep...both are 30...it would've made sense earlier in camp if they could get rid of Mitchell's contract, but at this late date, I think they were just looking for short term insurance with some experience.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster moves continue for Steelers

Steven Johnson brought back. Sutton to IR. Dangerfield waived/injured. 1 addition means there still needs to be 1 subtraction. Confusing, right? But Joe Rutter has the details as to why that is:

Sad to see Dangerfield get waived. But they need able bodies fast with Mitchell still nursing injury. Wilcox addition made someone expendable. Bad timing for an injury for Dangerfield. He may still be PS eligible so I'm hoping he gets brought back in. They still have time to designate the IR-recall. IIRC they have up to a few weeks into the season, if not longer. Last year they waffled between Dupree & Golson for quite some time.

Sutton couldn't shake the hammy...Johnson apparently is on the mend...I'm not sure what Dangerfield's injury was...maybe he is PS eligible....I think we have a few weeks to determine who goes on the recall list.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayers found spot on Patriots PS. He's gonna make us pay, guys. I'm telling you.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayers found spot on Patriots PS. He's gonna make us pay, guys. I'm telling you.
I wouldn't hold my breath...

Do you have a fathead of Ayers on your ceiling above your bed or somethin? I'm only half serious. :heh:

Nothin to be ashamed of... Pretty sure @SteelersPride still has his fathead of Ian Wild.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton couldn't shake the hammy...Johnson apparently is on the mend...I'm not sure what Dangerfield's injury was...maybe he is PS eligible....I think we have a few weeks to determine who goes on the recall list.
Dangerfield had an ankle injury of some sort. Didn't look very bad, but its so hard to tell. Players riding that much adrenaline can sometimes walk off the field with worse injuries than that. Was hoping to hear something about it prior to them having to make a decision. But obviously they must have gotten bad news since they jumped on the phone to Tampa to grab Wilcox.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hold my breath...

Do you have a fathead of Ayers on your ceiling above your bed or somethin? I'm only half serious. :heh:

Nothin to be ashamed of... Pretty sure @SteelersPride still has his fathead of Ian Wild.

Ya know, my fathead got lost in the mail somewhere. Might of made it's way up to Massachusetts or something haha.

No, I just think the guy is talent with a capital T. Very good wideout and decent kick/punt returner at Houston. What didn't help is that, for some reason, we need to have a starting WR as a kick/punt returner. It was gonna be hard for him to make the roster from the get-go because he was injured, we drafted JuJu, Bryant was coming back and we signed Justin Hunter who essentially locked his roster spot in that last PS game. Just a gut feeling I have and he might actually see some field time in New England, especially with Edelman out. We'll see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dangerfield had an ankle injury of some sort. Didn't look very bad, but its so hard to tell. Players riding that much adrenaline can sometimes walk off the field with worse injuries than that. Was hoping to hear something about it prior to them having to make a decision. But obviously they must have gotten bad news since they jumped on the phone to Tampa to grab Wilcox.

Yep...idk if the Wilcox move was associated with Dangerfield or Mitchell, but the amount they invested in the contract makes me think it was Mitchell they were concerned about and Dangerfield's injury was just really bad timing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, my fathead got lost in the mail somewhere. Might of made it's way up to Massachusetts or something haha.

No, I just think the guy is talent with a capital T. Very good wideout and decent kick/punt returner at Houston. What didn't help is that, for some reason, we need to have a starting WR as a kick/punt returner. It was gonna be hard for him to make the roster from the get-go because he was injured, we drafted JuJu, Bryant was coming back and we signed Justin Hunter who essentially locked his roster spot in that last PS game. Just a gut feeling I have and he might actually see some field time in New England, especially with Edelman out. We'll see.

Apparently they have a very complex OFC. I think deep pattern guys are more plug-n-play in NE than slot type players.

I wish him well...I might not value him the same way you do. He does have some talent, but the numbers were stacked against in PIT. I think the kid WR ATL cut, Reggie Davis was better or certainly had shown enough to play in the league. Sure enough...CLE signed him.