• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles/Packers

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgraceful performance all the way around. The Dline sucks except for Brandon Graham. The LBs make no plays and don't contest any passes. Where the fuck are the safeties? I guess they have to just standback and wait for our terrible corners to give up completions. Only one player got into the backfield all night and it was Jaylen Watkins.

On offense I don't know where to begin. Their is no talent and Wentz looks terrible. I hope playing him all year doesn't turn out to have been a mistake. If he winds up to throw another 15 yard pass 3 feet behind the receiver I'm gonna lose it.

No energy from anyone. The crowd was loud and pumped, the team had nothing. Bad decisions during a game is one thing, but not having the team ready for Monday Night Football is awful coaching from all of the coaches.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team performed better with lesser qb talent under Kelly. Pederson and Reich are frauds as coaches. Kelly may be as well but he was better than these guys.

Your new team is 1-10. You're a fraud.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is anyone concerned about Cox's play since his big contract? I think it was @Wings that actually posted this as a concern and I really am starting to wonder myself.

Maybe a little, he needs more talent along the line with him. I'm more alarmed with Vinny Curry and his play, he's been a bigger disappointment IMO. Graham is playing well, Logan is good, Barwin is garbage in this scheme. Still need another stud off the edge to do what Barwin can't do and what Curry was supposed to do but isn't.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of needs. Wentz will take his bumps the rest of the year and hopefully be better for it. The RB and WR positions need to be upgraded drastically. The defensive line has been a major disappointment with tons of money spent on it. The poor DL play just great magnifies the issues we have at CB. Howie has his work cut out for him molding this team into a contender for Wentz.

Some of this is Howie's doing, handing out big contracts to some guys who aren't performing the way they should. This is one aspect that still makes me apprehensive about him moving forward - time will tell.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team performed better with lesser qb talent under Kelly. Pederson and Reich are frauds as coaches. Kelly may be as well but he was better than these guys.

Go away DeerPathDave. How does Chip Kelly's ass taste with your team at 1-10?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call of the game was Pederson throwing the red flag on a 2 yard reception.

99 out of 100 High School coaches don't challenge that play.

He freaked out because his defense couldn't make any stops. Everyone on the whole damn team is in their own heads right now. That 3-0 start followed by the bye was absolutely horrendous for this teams psyche. Pederson has his work cut out for him here.

It's also a dumb rule that you only get two challenges even if you get one right.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine glass man and butt fumble throwing to the receivers that we put on the field last night? Or playing behind that offensive line?

Would love to see what Kelly could do with a talent like Wentz. Perderson and Reich could ruin this kid. but instead Kelly is usy rebuilding Kapernick.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgraceful performance all the way around. The Dline sucks except for Brandon Graham. The LBs make no plays and don't contest any passes. Where the fuck are the safeties? I guess they have to just standback and wait for our terrible corners to give up completions. Only one player got into the backfield all night and it was Jaylen Watkins.

On offense I don't know where to begin. Their is no talent and Wentz looks terrible. I hope playing him all year doesn't turn out to have been a mistake. If he winds up to throw another 15 yard pass 3 feet behind the receiver I'm gonna lose it.

No energy from anyone. The crowd was loud and pumped, the team had nothing. Bad decisions during a game is one thing, but not having the team ready for Monday Night Football is awful coaching from all of the coaches.

I think Carson has lost faith in his receivers - the cumulative effect of how bad they've been all year I think has made him apprehensive on some of his throws. The defense as a whole was a big letdown in this game, probably the most frustrating game I've watched all year.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see what Kelly could do with a talent like Wentz. Perderson and Reich could ruin this kid. but instead Kelly is usy rebuilding Kapernick.

and the niners have 1 win.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the niners have 1 win.

Kelly is tbe hardest thing to find in football coaches....an offensive innovator. pair him with the right defrnsive guy and gm and you have a winner. sadly the Eagles may have the right defensive guy and even a etter gm but without the offensive guy they are toast. just look at mike zimmer or rex ryan. great defensive coaches...but no.offense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is anyone concerned about Cox's play since his big contract? I think it was @Wings that actually posted this as a concern and I really am starting to wonder myself.

Almost all the guys we paid dropped off. Curry, Cox, Ertz--they are all looking vastly overpaid.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is tbe hardest thing to find in football coaches....an offensive innovator. pair him with the right defrnsive guy and gm and you have a winner. sadly the Eagles may have the right defensive guy and even a etter gm but without the offensive guy they are toast. just look at mike zimmer or rex ryan. great defensive coaches...but no.offense.

We're rebuilding from that offensive innovator getting rid of all the offensive talent on the team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean failing with his first choice for his QB and soon to be failing with his second. 1-10.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelly's offense is boring as shit and every good defense knows how to stop it. Getting rid of all the good players and leaving behind trash sure is innovative. Wow what innovation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all the guys we paid dropped off. Curry, Cox, Ertz--they are all looking vastly overpaid.

Should cut Curry or Ertz to send a message to Cox. We wouldn't be any worse without either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carson has lost faith in his receivers - the cumulative effect of how bad they've been all year I think has made him apprehensive on some of his throws. The defense as a whole was a big letdown in this game, probably the most frustrating game I've watched all year.

That's a bad trait for a QB. It probably was really easy playing with the best team every year in college at that level of football. This league is hard. You have to be perfect to make it look easy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz made 1 horrible throw ... a few others were behind receivers, but QB's will never be pin point on every throw. A lot of it is familiarity with your targets, that comes with time and reps. I've actually been quite impressed with the OL this year ... Wentz for the most part has had good protection and when we do stick to the run, they have made some holes. the biggest problem on Offense is the lack of real talent at the skill positions ... no play makers or game breakers. We need a go-to receiver and a clear cut #1 Back.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz may be the softest TE I have ever seen. He goes down on first contact like he was Darren Sproles, not a 250 pound man.

Curry--wow I don't even know what to say. He is getting no pressure. I think he is a classic 'tweener type who looks like he could play a 4-3 DE but in reality sucks balls at doing it.

Cox is getting double teamed, sure, but he seems inconsistent in his effort and he has made like three dumb ass mistakes for huge penalties this year at terrible moments.

I hope Howie wrote some good escape clauses in these contracts. I think all these guys get another year to show something, but they all look like mistakes.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine glass man and butt fumble throwing to the receivers that we put on the field last night? Or playing behind that offensive line?

Glass Man and Butt Fumble.....lol.

Sounds like a horrible comic book.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'This kid has juice!' How Wentz won Philly

I think faith is not something that Wentz will have short supply of.....or ever lose very easily.

That is not me sharing a solid religious belief.....Carson and I do not share that. It is me respecting the strength of his own faith and how that has developed character that the team can see.

Don't get me wrong.....I am not disagreeing with the "cumulative effect that has him apprehensive and pressing". I just think it is more due to a want for great faith then a lack of it.

In the end it is the same results. It was frustrating when I wanted so much to feel early like we could compete. By the third quarter it was just too easy to look the entire offense over and find nothing that can go out there and compete and make a run out of the rest of the season.