• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles/Packers

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz made 1 horrible throw ... a few others were behind receivers, but QB's will never be pin point on every throw. A lot of it is familiarity with your targets, that comes with time and reps. I've actually been quite impressed with the OL this year ... Wentz for the most part has had good protection and when we do stick to the run, they have made some holes. the biggest problem on Offense is the lack of real talent at the skill positions ... no play makers or game breakers. We need a go-to receiver and a clear cut #1 Back.

This!!! The moment they traded Sammy and elevated Carson this is how this season felt to me. Transition and adjustment. We were no longer a solid playoff roster at that point.

Also....on that note.....anyone really believed this was a SOLID playoff roster before the Sammy trade? I just had trouble seeing that as a reasonable expectation.

Building take time.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly some people had inflated, unrealistic expectations about this team and it's rookie qb.

You'd have to be an imbecile if you thought such a combination was going to compete for a playoff spot or that the defense was filled with all-pros that would keep us in the game.

Get real people.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team performed better with lesser qb talent under Kelly. Pederson and Reich are frauds as coaches. Kelly may be as well but he was better than these guys.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts out there. Chip may have had lesser qb talent but he had a far superior supporting cast. Once he got rid of them his offense went to shit and allowed the world to see he is one of the worst of not worst head coach in the NFL.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'This kid has juice!' How Wentz won Philly

I think faith is not something that Wentz will have short supply of.....or ever lose very easily.

That is not me sharing a solid religious belief.....Carson and I do not share that. It is me respecting the strength of his own faith and how that has developed character that the team can see.

Don't get me wrong.....I am not disagreeing with the "cumulative effect that has him apprehensive and pressing". I just think it is more due to a want for great faith then a lack of it.

In the end it is the same results. It was frustrating when I wanted so much to feel early like we could compete. By the third quarter it was just too easy to look the entire offense over and find nothing that can go out there and compete and make a run out of the rest of the season.

I'm not questioning the man's faith in God, I'm talking about his receivers. I've only been following the Eagles for the last 20 years or so, and this is the worst group of receivers I've ever seen in Eagles green. Some of it has been on him, he has not played well, but he's a rookie - his struggles are a normal part of the process and I comprehend that fully. He's trying to rally his guys, but the help is not there and I think it's starting to wear on him.

I didn't believe we were as good as the 3-0 start but I don't think we're as bad as the 2-6 we've been since the bye. There's still 5 games left, we're still in a good position to at least play spoiler within the division and take those games down the stretch. Playoffs at this point are a pipe dream and would be icing on the cake.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the posts in this thread and you would swear the Eagles were Superbowl favorites based on the anger I see in the posts. Based on what I saw last night the Eagles are a team that is lacking on talent but some are expecting them to play as if they are an elite team. Are you guys serious?

Without a doubt Carson Wentz is a bonafide stud. He is going to be Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady good in a few years. Anyone who does not see that has blinding hate they can’t get past or they have not watched any football this year. I think he played very good last night but he also made some mistakes as well. If you watched the game you will see that Rodgers also made a number of mistakes but he had receivers that made plays. Did you guys see how his receivers just muscled their way to receptions? We only have one receiver that will fight and that is Jordan Matthews. Notice how the game went to shit after he got hurt?

Why is the D-line getting any blame? That is something I am trying to understand. Based on what I saw they were able to get some push but by the time they got there Rodgers had got rid of the ball. Schwartz was made to look like a noob. McCarthy outcoached him in a major way. The Eagles strength is the front 7. Everyone in the NFL knows that. To combat that the Packers made a game plan that had Rodgers getting rid of the ball before he even finished his drop back. You can’t blame the D-line for not getting pressure when the ball is gone 1 second after the snap.

Cox is earning his money contrary to what some of you say. He is getting double teamed every down. The fact that he is getting so much attention has allowed players like Graham perform better. Just because his name is not in the stat sheet it doesn’t mean he is not performing. He and Logan are doing going good things.

The corners are just garbage but I will say I like Jalen Mills. He is going to be a player. On the Packers 2nd TD if he turns around half a second sooner he has an INT instead of them getting a TD. That is a technique thing that can be corrected. He gave up plays but he was always right there. McKelvin should not even be in the NFL.

The lack of skill position players is what is killing the offense. We have no decent running backs. Matthews can be good but he is injury prone. The receivers we have are worse than the James Thrash/Todd Pinkston era. Watching the Packers receivers run precise routes and fight for every ball thrown their way will show you how bad the Eagles receivers are.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts out there. Chip may have had lesser qb talent but he had a far superior supporting cast. Once he got rid of them his offense went to shit and allowed the world to see he is one of the worst of not worst head coach in the NFL.

Have you seen how good Maclin and DJAX are doing this year? Their numbers are worse than the Eagles WRs. Did you notice that the Eagle RBs are averaging over 4 yards per carry?

Have you considered that their performance as Eagles may have had alot to do with the system they were in and all three players put up career numbers under Kelly? And that the Kelly system produced a winning record with the Eagles?

Have you considered that perhaps Pederson is simply an idiot doing cut and paste with a 30 year old system be borrowed off of Reid? and that every defensive coach knows how to defend it? and if your coach isnt innovative enough to install some new wrinkles it will fail?

Have you considered that maybe Wentz is having some success despite poor coaching do to his talent and would do that much better with a decent coach. Take Gase and Tannehill as an example .

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the posts in this thread and you would swear the Eagles were Superbowl favorites based on the anger I see in the posts. Based on what I saw last night the Eagles are a team that is lacking on talent but some are expecting them to play as if they are an elite team. Are you guys serious?

Without a doubt Carson Wentz is a bonafide stud. He is going to be Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady good in a few years. Anyone who does not see that has blinding hate they can’t get past or they have not watched any football this year. I think he played very good last night but he also made some mistakes as well. If you watched the game you will see that Rodgers also made a number of mistakes but he had receivers that made plays. Did you guys see how his receivers just muscled their way to receptions? We only have one receiver that will fight and that is Jordan Matthews. Notice how the game went to shit after he got hurt?

Why is the D-line getting any blame? That is something I am trying to understand. Based on what I saw they were able to get some push but by the time they got there Rodgers had got rid of the ball. Schwartz was made to look like a noob. McCarthy outcoached him in a major way. The Eagles strength is the front 7. Everyone in the NFL knows that. To combat that the Packers made a game plan that had Rodgers getting rid of the ball before he even finished his drop back. You can’t blame the D-line for not getting pressure when the ball is gone 1 second after the snap.

Cox is earning his money contrary to what some of you say. He is getting double teamed every down. The fact that he is getting so much attention has allowed players like Graham perform better. Just because his name is not in the stat sheet it doesn’t mean he is not performing. He and Logan are doing going good things.

The corners are just garbage but I will say I like Jalen Mills. He is going to be a player. On the Packers 2nd TD if he turns around half a second sooner he has an INT instead of them getting a TD. That is a technique thing that can be corrected. He gave up plays but he was always right there. McKelvin should not even be in the NFL.

The lack of skill position players is what is killing the offense. We have no decent running backs. Matthews can be good but he is injury prone. The receivers we have are worse than the James Thrash/Todd Pinkston era. Watching the Packers receivers run precise routes and fight for every ball thrown their way will show you how bad the Eagles receivers are.

The Dline does suck. On the road they do nothing. The middle two guys get very little push and Logan will not get the contract he was hoping for and if he does it won't be here. So chalk up another hole for this team to fill. It was always a mistake to put Barwin in this defense.

And it's like we're playing without a WILL at all.

Jalen Mills will always not get his head around. That is not an easy technique thing. His instincts are to play the receiver instead of the ball. The receiver is supposed to lead you to the ball and then you attack the ball. Sure you can teach it, but not everyone is going to learn it.

There is a lot of disaster on this team. They're very far off. Couldn't even get up for monday night. The crowd was rocking and the team played with no energy. Completely flat. Probably the worst team in the city. Go Sixers.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen how good Maclin and DJAX are doing this year? Their numbers are worse than the Eagles WRs. Did you notice that the Eagle RBs are averaging over 4 yards per carry?

Before you post you should make sure that you check the information. It will prevent you from looking stupid in the long run. Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson missed games because of injuries and their stats are reflected because of that.

However if you look at last years numbers you will see they were pretty good. I said Maclin was not worth the money he got in KC meaning they overpaid. I never said he was not good.

Have you considered that their performance as Eagles may have had alot to do with the system they were in and all three players put up career numbers under Kelly?

I have considered that and come to the conclusion that it is complete utter bullshit. Again check your information before you post.

For the record Shady's career year was in 2011 under Andy Reid when he had 17 touchdowns. He had more yards in 2013 but did not have as big a workload. If you pro-rate the stats to be objective he would have had comparable yards.

I thought and still think Djax is a one trick pony but he is a good receiver. His stats are comparable from each coach if you bothered to be objective and take a look at everything

And that the Kelly system produced a winning record with the Eagles?

The Kelly system that has lost 24 of his last 37 games? The Kelly system is a trick offense that the NFL has figured out and makes him look like a moron each weak. 1 1/2 years in the NFL and he was figured out.

Have you considered that perhaps Pederson is simply an idiot doing cut and paste with a 30 year old system be borrowed off of Reid? and that every defensive coach knows how to defend it? and if your coach isnt innovative enough to install some new wrinkles it will fail?

You mean just like Chip Kelly's?

Last edited:

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you post you should make sure that you check the information. It will prevent you from looking stupid in the long run. Jeremy Maclin and Desean Jackson missed games because of injuries and their stats are reflected because of that.

However if you look at last years numbers you will see they were pretty good. I said Maclin was not worth the money he got in KC meaning they overpaid. I never said he was not good.

I have considered that and come to the conclusion that it is complete utter bullshit. Again check your information before you post.

For the record Shady's career year was in 2011 under Andy Reid when he had 17 touchdowns. He had more yards in 2013 but did not have as big a workload. If you pro-rate the stats to be objective he would have had comparable yards.

I thought and still think Djax is a one trick pony but he is a good receiver. His stats are comparable from each coach if you bothered to be objective and take a look at everything

The Kelly system that has lost 24 of his last 37 games? The Kelly system is a trick offense that the NFL has figured out and makes him look like a moron each weak. 1 1/2 years in the NFL and he was figured out.

You mean just like Chip Kelly's?
You miss me dont you? first of all Kelly won 21 of his last 37. and whatever else you say about Kelly his system is his system. his is not borrowed or stolen but very different from what every other pro coach does.

But my point is really more about Pederson than Kelly. This deflection obfuscates tbe point that he is a poor hire doing a poor job. i would have no issues with firing Kelly if they upgraded. but they wiffed on the three or four best guys and hired this fraud.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning the man's faith in God, I'm talking about his receivers. I've only been following the Eagles for the last 20 years or so, and this is the worst group of receivers I've ever seen in Eagles green. Some of it has been on him, he has not played well, but he's a rookie - his struggles are a normal part of the process and I comprehend that fully. He's trying to rally his guys, but the help is not there and I think it's starting to wear on him.

I didn't believe we were as good as the 3-0 start but I don't think we're as bad as the 2-6 we've been since the bye. There's still 5 games left, we're still in a good position to at least play spoiler within the division and take those games down the stretch. Playoffs at this point are a pipe dream and would be icing on the cake.

All I'm saying is the kid comes from strong faith. Maintaining faith in his teammates is not going to be an issue. Well, losing it won't be. Having perhaps too much faith in some might become an issue.

I can't agree more on the comment on how we are not as bad as 2-6. There is no one major flaw but many flaws showing up. But the first step in fixing them is to identify them.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson might be too dumb to be an NFL head coach.
This may very likely be true. With the miracle of talent and him relinquishing playcalling, we could win inspite of him and he could look like a genius (as long as he doesn't do any more press conferences).

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team performed better with lesser qb talent under Kelly. Pederson and Reich are frauds as coaches. Kelly may be as well but he was better than these guys.
Chips dick will never be dry as long as you're around.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is tbe hardest thing to find in football coaches....an offensive innovator. pair him with the right defrnsive guy and gm and you have a winner. sadly the Eagles may have the right defensive guy and even a etter gm but without the offensive guy they are toast. just look at mike zimmer or rex ryan. great defensive coaches...but no.offense.
He ran 3 plays. He has 1 win. Some innovator.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is anyone concerned about Cox's play since his big contract? I think it was @Wings that actually posted this as a concern and I really am starting to wonder myself.
posted this as a concern 5 weeks ago already. He has been a dog all year. Several games posting barely a tackle! pathetic for a man they just paid 100 million to.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is the only reason one of the worst rosters ever assembled in NFL history will have to wait until Week 17 to clinch the #1 overall pick.

His track record is purely indefensible.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posted this as a concern 5 weeks ago already. He has been a dog all year. Several games posting barely a tackle! pathetic for a man they just paid 100 million to.
I hope this doesn't become another Albert Haynesworth type of player? Cox has more pride than that.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet somehow this team is top ten in just about every category except rushing d. They're top 5 in points against. This with crap cbs.

Someone must be playing well. Maybe it's beau allen leading this d.:rolleyes2:

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you seem to forget tbe huge offseason spending spree this team did on mediocre players . there is no cap room and very few draft picks. Roseman went all in on this bunch. Its not a rebuilding plan. It is a huge now gamble that the current players would be great with a new coach. They are not. They are worse.

Imo Roseman knows he is on a short timeline and gambled big to win soon. I think he loses that bet.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to
You miss me dont you? first of all Kelly won 21 of his last 37. and whatever else you say about Kelly his system is his system. his is not borrowed or stolen but very different from what every other pro coach does.

Actually I don't miss you. You think way too highly of yourself. I came to the message forums and posted in certain threads. That is something you can expect on message boards. I guess that concept escapes you. I originally quoted you because you made one of the dumbest posts I have seen recently. I understand dumb posts tend to be your modus operandi but you should not expect them to be ignored.

Again you need to check your information. You should at least give us a challenge. Making you look dumb is too easy. Now let's discuss your statement of Kelly winning 21 of his last 37 games. I am talking about his entire coaching tenure which include his games this year. How in the hell are you going to justify ignoring his current 1-10 season? You can't and should not because it shows an alarming trend about Chip Kelly's coaching abilities. It shows how suspect his offense is and that he is no longer the inovative coach you think he is. If you remember I used to be on the Kelly bandwagon and gave him the benefit of the doubt. When it became obvious that he sucked I jumped ship because I am an Eagles fan before I am a fan of any player or coach.

Chip Kelly started off strong winning 19 of his first 29 games with a playoff appearance. Teams did not now know how to defend him and he took advantage. However the NFL is a living organism that evolves and adapts to climate changes. More and more film became available on his offenses and defenses began to adapt and come up with ways to stop him. They started getting successful and losses were beginning to pile up. Chip started blaming players instead of himself. He got rid of our two best offensive weapons in Jackson and McCoy. Without the players he blamed the wheels began to fall off.

Week 14 with 4 games left in the season we began to learn how bad he was. We lost 3 of the last 4 games 2 of them to division opponents. We were in the drivers seat, teams adjusted and Kelly did not. In the off season we make changes and get Bradford and Murray. To put in perspective of how bad a coach Kelly is you only have to look at Murray. He is the #2 rusher in the NFL with the Titans this. A sure sign that Kelly does not know how to use his talent.

I decided to be nice and adjust the win/loss numbers that pad Kelly's early numbers. My original post had his last 37 games but this post only includes his last 30. By doing this it shows Kelly was really successful early on with a 19 -10 record. However....it also magnifies how bad he is now. As I mentioned earlier I think the wheels started come off at week 14 of his second season so I will continue his record from that point and the bottom line is that he sucks. Since week 14 of the 2014 season Chip Kelly has compiled a record of 8-22.

But my point is really more about Pederson than Kelly. This deflection obfuscates tbe point that he is a poor hire doing a poor job. i would have no issues with firing Kelly if they upgraded. but they wiffed on the three or four best guys and hired this fraud.

You have major issues with Kelly being fired. You think anyone here buys this bullshit? No DPD most of us agree and are correct in our assessment that you are full of it an lack any real football knowledge. You can't substantiate anything you post. In my reponse you ignored my points about the players and their numbers. You ignored it because it made you look stupid. I expected that. The Eagles may have got the Pederson hiring wrong. However they did not give him the power they gave the biggest fraud the Eagles have ever seen in Chip Kelly. So if they decide to move on they will be able to do so. The Eagles need weapons and as they get those weapons Pederson will be under scrutiny. He probably has two more years to show he can do the job. Once the peices in place they will dump him if it is shown he sucks. You boy Chip has experience with that.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point to consider was when the Eagles had success the NFCE was the laughing stock of the NFL. Cowpokes, Skins, and Giants were horrid. The formula for the Eagles was to go 6-0 or 5-1 within the Division, go 4-4 in non Division games and get into the playoffs. That's all changed.