• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Declined Nick Foles Trade for Browns 35th pick This Last Draft

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I breathed a great sigh of relief that the Eagles turned this down. The Browns legitimately would've been giving a high 2nd rounder for another Joe Flacco. Foles played 2 really good games last year, and that's it. He's failed everywhere but in Philly. Instead we got a building block at RB. Thank you, Philly.
Everywhere but philly means the little bit of time with Jeff Fischer in St Louis where every other qb failed as well. Kansas city was basically a hand shake.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they do that?

They got Tyrod Taylor

BWAHAHAHAHA

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everywhere but philly means the little bit of time with Jeff Fischer in St Louis where every other qb failed as well. Kansas city was basically a hand shake.
True, but 2013 is still his only good year as a pro. He didn't do anything in 2012 or 2014 in Philly, either. He's a perfect backup QB but his ability to start a whole year is still a big question mark. Not the type of player you give up a high 2nd for.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had like 4 picks or something like that. And this draft will be an A+ no matter what happens because we gave up assets in this draft for Wentz.
To me it doesn't work that way. Sounds like you are trying to justify the draft.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it doesn't work that way. Sounds like you are trying to justify the draft.
Yeah, that's not really how decisionmaking works. It certainly helps to assuage any consternation on the lack of picks. I am not flaming the Chiefs for not having a 1st round pick for instance. I am giving the Chiefs crap for not making the most of their picks.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wentz goes on to play the rest of his career like this past season, it won't matter if every single player picked in this draft is a bust.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz goes on to play the rest of his career like this past season, it won't matter if every single player picked in this draft is a bust.
That's a big if for a guy that shredded his knee ligaments in the worst possible way and relies on mobility. I'm not saying he's not a stud QB, but the chance that he's injury prone going forward is possible. You lose stability with those sort of injuries.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big if for a guy that shredded his knee ligaments in the worst possible way and relies on mobility. I'm not saying he's not a stud QB, but the chance that he's injury prone going forward is possible. You lose stability with those sort of injuries.

That's why I said if. It's not like he'll be a statue back there now. Just hoping he uses his mobility to keep plays alive to throw, instead of running.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much wrong with this post. They weren't trying to screw dallas. They thought dallas might draft a player the eagles wanted so they moved up in front of them to get him. It had nothing to do with getting the best of Dallas. Rather it had to do with the fact they wanted a good tight end (many thought the best te in the draft) and Dallas badly needed a te. And the idea that dallas had zero plans of drafting a te is laughable. I know they try to spin it after the fact but nobody outside the cowboys draft room has any idea what they actually were hoping for. Of course they are going to say they got the guy they wanted.
The Cowboys have what I think is a bad habit of bringing the position coaches of the players they are about to pick into the televised war room well before the pick is made. They brought the OL coach and the defensive coaches before that pick. All of the talk about who Dallas was going to select was Williams or a defensive player (said to be Reid who they also were rumored to try to trade up for in the 3rd). They also looked relieved after the Eagles made their pick. Might they have wanted TE? Anything is possible but in this case it is not very likely that Goedert was a guy they wanted in that spot. Maybe if he were around in the 3rd round they may have thought about him, but contrary to what all the "experts" out there thought the Cowboys did not really prioritize WR or TE the way others thought they should and they got one of each that supposedly they were very high on. So frame it as you may, but there is almost no reason to believe Dallas had any interest in Goedert other than some silly comment in the draft coverage that alluded to it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wentz trade was in the past. The draft was the present. You don't get a bye on a poor draft today (not saying it's actually a poor draft) because of the Wentz trade from two years ago.:nono:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said if. It's not like he'll be a statue back there now. Just hoping he uses his mobility to keep plays alive to throw, instead of running.
And that's gotta be a worry. He went from 46 carries in 16 games in 2016 to 64 carries last year in 13 games. Is that number going to be able to stay there? You'd think they're going to have to figure out how to scale it back.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wentz trade was in the past. The draft was the present. You don't get a bye on a poor draft today (not saying it's actually a poor draft) because of the Wentz trade from two years ago.:nono:

Part of the reason we had less picks was because of that trade. I'd do that trade 100 times out of 100, considering our QB situation at the time, and how Wentz performed.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's gotta be a worry. He went from 46 carries in 16 games in 2016 to 64 carries last year in 13 games. Is that number going to be able to stay there? You'd think they're going to have to figure out how to scale it back.

If they simply gameplan the way they did with Folks it won't be an issue.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have what I think is a bad habit of bringing the position coaches of the players they are about to pick into the televised war room well before the pick is made. They brought the OL coach and the defensive coaches before that pick. All of the talk about who Dallas was going to select was Williams or a defensive player (said to be Reid who they also were rumored to try to trade up for in the 3rd). They also looked relieved after the Eagles made their pick. Might they have wanted TE? Anything is possible but in this case it is not very likely that Goedert was a guy they wanted in that spot. Maybe if he were around in the 3rd round they may have thought about him, but contrary to what all the "experts" out there thought the Cowboys did not really prioritize WR or TE the way others thought they should and they got one of each that supposedly they were very high on. So frame it as you may, but there is almost no reason to believe Dallas had any interest in Goedert other than some silly comment in the draft coverage that alluded to it.
That's fine, but I was replying to a guy who claimed the eagles only did that to screw dallas which is ridiculous.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The picks you have are based on what you gave away before the draft.

One for Wentz and another for Darby.

Then you use this year to gain picks next year and draft the highest ranked player at your biggest need... TE.

Anything after that is projects.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles have Nate Sudfeld as their backup, do you think they win the Super Bowl last year?
If the eagles have Tom Brady on their bench as their backup, do they win the super bowl last year? What about Brett Favre? Mary Poppins?

Each of those questions are as relevant as yours. Are you expecting Wentz to get hurt again?