• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Declined Nick Foles Trade for Browns 35th pick This Last Draft

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are crazy. 6 weeks into the season Foles becomes just as useful as any back up in the league.

I guess you get a little more props from players because you aren’t sending your super bowl hero to the browns. That might help attract free agents.
Super Bowl MVP backup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anybody available at 35.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go have a smoke or something.

Put a couple drinks on my tab. Idk.

Just let him respond to me a few more times. All I'm really asking.

sorry for interrupting your trolling...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp pick and Nick can choose a team that isn't Cleveland... Dude deserves to pick his own future after kicking Patriot ass in the Super Bowl.
Don't forget comp picks are based on players gained and lost. Along with APY and some other black magic when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget comp picks are based on players gained and lost. Along with APY and some other black magic when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

Eagles have no money available next year, so won't be signing much to cancel out whatever Nick might get.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have no money available next year, so won't be signing much to cancel out whatever Nick might get.
Pardon me I didn't realize the Eagles GM was here trolling the Hoop.

Then I guess you're really really hoping for an injury free season?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me I didn't realize the Eagles GM was here trolling the Hoop.

Then I guess you're really really hoping for an injury free season?

Thats what I hope for every year. Last year sucked losing QB, LT, MLB, CB1, RB/PR.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apology accepted.

Try the piña colata. They're tremendous.

On a beach, my favorite drink is the Piña Colava

ca127d725cd176a673fff188aee6d509.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 2nd stringer probably has no affect on comp pick gains or losses.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I hope for every year. Last year sucked losing QB, LT, MLB, CB1, RB/PR.
would suck twice as bad this year since you appear to be locked into that potential comp pick for Nick.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would suck twice as bad this year since you appear to be locked into that potential comp pick for Nick.

I'd prefer he stay until we draft a replacement for Wentz in 10 years...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three elements:

Statements by Foles and the Eagles organization in the aftermath already suggested that Foles would have had some say in a trade, and the Eagles would be taking his wishes into consideration. Foles also has stated that he would like to be a starter again in the future, and knows that is unlikely to be in Philadelphia (unless things go horribly wrong with Carson Wentz).

Wentz rehab has looked very good so far; all early indication has been for a whie that Wentz will be ready by week 1 (though perhaps a little rusty). Of course things could go wrong at some point (see Jason Peters, who while recovering from a torn achilles ruptured it again a couple of seasons ago).

So overall:

- The Eagles refusing to deal Foles because they think Wentz will not be ready by week 1 is unlikely.

- It has been a public secret that the Eagles are willing to deal Foles since the Super Bowl.

- The Eagles also have indicated that they would want great value for Foles (most estimated a high 2nd round as the bottom line).

- The Eagles already rewarded Foles for the Super Bowl financially, indicating that (a) they would be willing to take a serious cap hit if he stays, and (b) allowing him to get out of the contract after this season.

- Foles is a very good QB in the right system, as he has proven under Chip Kelly as well as Doug Pederson.

- Based on the roster, the picks available and the Eagles' need, there was no desparate reason for the Eagles to accept the offer.

So in this situation the most likely scenario seems to have been that Foles said 'no' to Cleveland (where QB's go to die), for various reasons: offensive system, team atmosphere (feeling comfortable in Philly), etc. The Eagles organization was not blown away with the offer.

The only way I see Foles getting dealt is (a) if a team comes that Foles would want to play for, and comes with a big offer (1st round minimum), or (b) there is a situation like the Teddy Bridgewater injury that saw Bradford go to Minnesota, that allows demand for a king's ransom. And even the latter scenario, I am not sure what they would do if Foles said no.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I breathed a great sigh of relief that the Eagles turned this down. The Browns legitimately would've been giving a high 2nd rounder for another Joe Flacco. Foles played 2 really good games last year, and that's it. He's failed everywhere but in Philly. Instead we got a building block at RB. Thank you, Philly.