• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynamic Playmakers at #14

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, Roy.....I got what you meant.

proving your sense of right/wrong is based on popularity/friendship than a moral compass.

What he meant, was judging a player by his color. Period. I think everyone got it. It was wrong and poor judgment. You prefer to defend it than call it for what it is. Just says something about your character as well.

For the record, I have nothing against munson and enjoy reading his posts. This is the first thing I can ever remember him saying that was so blatantly off. Just calling it how I see it.

Last edited:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't go defense, I lean McCaffrey as well. He makes it look so easy and can do everything. That's probably why people were missing how athletic he actually is. 6.57 on the cone is absolutely ridiculous.

Fournette is a 20+ touch guy and McCaffrey is a 20+ touch guy. Just because more of those 20 will come through the air shouldn't drop him. Especially in a passing league. Especially with so many games won on last drives, he will be a weapon there. In a two minute offense he's even more useful than Fournette.

I agree 100% enut. The "ONLY" issue I have with McCaffrey is that 10 bench press.

Sproles did the cones in 6.96, and did 23 reps. 10 was really really bad. That is a big case for 2nd round over 1st. He is truly incredible in so many ways, but that upper body weakness at the pro level - does that still put him as a dependable 1st round pick??? Can he stay upright after first contact? Can he stiff arm? Can he not get injured when he gets tackled? I'm fine with it if we do. I think he would be the perfect fit to replace sproles. But that would be "heavily" dependent upon him hitting the gym hard with our trainers. The fact he has a good work ethic is the only thing that really sways me to believe he would be truly ok.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
proving your sense of right/wrong is based on popularity/friendship than a moral compass.

What he meant, was judging a player by his color. Period. I think everyone got it. It was wrong and poor judgment. You prefer to defend it than call it for what it is. Just says something about your character as well.

For the record, I have nothing against munson and enjoy reading his posts. This is the first thing I can ever remember him saying that was so blatantly off. Just calling it how I see it.

All right....you're going to be that guy....right on!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% enut. The "ONLY" issue I have with McCaffrey is that 10 bench press.

Sproles did the cones in 6.96, and did 23 reps. 10 was really really bad. That is a big case for 2nd round over 1st. He is truly incredible in so many ways, but that upper body weakness at the pro level - does that still put him as a dependable 1st round pick??? Can he stay upright after first contact? Can he stiff arm? Can he not get injured when he gets tackled? I'm fine with it if we do. I think he would be the perfect fit to replace sproles. But that would be "heavily" dependent upon him hitting the gym hard with our trainers. The fact he has a good work ethic is the only thing that really sways me to believe he would be truly ok.

I have no worry that he'll put on upper body strength in a professional program.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be OK if McCaffrey is the pick, but he is certainly not my choice over a lot of other that are more stout. If he would wind up with New England, he will probably thrive, but I don't think he would here.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we took McCaffrey and had a plan to utilize him the right way, he could extremely valuable in the Birds offense. He is not a 20+ carry, take-on running back like Fournette - put him in the slot, as a receiver on screen and wheel routes, run 10-15 times, that would be his best usage. Plus the added advantage of being a strong kick/punt returner on special teams - this guy would not be a "luxury" item in our offense; He could come here and have the same impact that Westbrook had a decade ago. I look at Cook the same way, but Cook has a bit more upside IMO as a runner, brings similar elements to the passing game but a more impactful runner.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be OK if McCaffrey is the pick, but he is certainly not my choice over a lot of other that are more stout. If he would wind up with New England, he will probably thrive, but I don't think he would here.

Exactly my thought. If McCaffrey is there at 14 I just feel there are going to be better options. There is always at least one player who has amazing college numbers and/or goes on to put up amazing combine numbers and starts to buzz up the ranks into and up the first round. I cannot think of one whose career in the NFL ended up justifying the buzz.

Usually the players stock overinflates as original consensus is there will be challenge in their game at the pro level. Some guys just don't transcend.

Obviously I don't see anyone here that says take McCaffrey at 14 no matter who else is there. I will take it a step further and say he is second round talent at best projecting wise. I would love to see him to the Iggs at 2nd-3rd. Just not at 14

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are underestimating McCaffrey's ability as a runner and just thinking that he's an asset in the passing game. While it's true that what makes McCaffrey stand out as a prospect at the pro level will be his ability to make plays as a receiver out of the backfield or in the slot, his ability as a RB shouldn't be overlooked. We're talking about a player who has a 2000 yard rushing season under his belt while averaging over 6 yards per carry. Yes, he's not a Leonard Fournette bull type Back, but that doesn't mean he can't handle 15-18 carries per game. He's had seven 30 carry games in the past 2 seasons; bench pressing may not be his thing (Stanford trainers do not emphasize - his upper body will get stronger in the pros) it doesn't mean his "lower" body isn't plenty strong.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are underestimating McCaffrey's ability as a runner and just thinking that he's an asset in the passing game. While it's true that what makes McCaffrey stand out as a prospect at the pro level will be his ability to make plays as a receiver out of the backfield or in the slot, his ability as a RB shouldn't be overlooked. We're talking about a player who has a 2000 yard rushing season under his belt while averaging over 6 yards per carry. Yes, he's not a Leonard Fournette bull type Back, but that doesn't mean he can't handle 15-18 carries per game. He's had seven 30 carry games in the past 2 seasons; bench pressing may not be his thing (Stanford trainers do not emphasize - his upper body will get stronger in the pros) it doesn't mean his "lower" body isn't plenty strong.

Very fair points....very fair! I admit I am underestimating his ability as a runner at the pro level. There....let me say it again.....I feel there is big risk in his ability to run successfully at the pro level. He is more of a scat back in my mind. Valuable, yes. But not valuable at 14 with the questions I have. Let someone else take that gamble with their first rounder. I have seen enough cases of guys who never made that full leap.

Regardless of the amazing college stats he feels like a tweener who is a question at the pro level. Just my uneducated read.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it would be a justifiable selection in the 1st because he can impact a game in so many different ways. He's the type of guy that could get a rush TD, a rec TD, and a special teams TD in the same game. As long as you have a plan for him - plus perimeter receivers that command legitimate attention (which we now have in place) and a 4 minute offense/goal line back to complement him, he's going to be an issue for some defenses who can't match him up one-on-one underneath in both the pass and run games. He's tailor-made for our offense.

Remember he's a piece of the puzzle, not the entire solution. The more talent we can amass around Wentz, the faster we're going to get to where we want this team to go.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably still a strong chance he goes in the Top 10. I think he ran pretty much what people were hoping he would.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want in order: Davis, or Williams or Ross, whoever is available, and in that order.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think we should ignore his college play, combine and judge him purely on the color of his skin???

Did you feel this way about the quarterback position? Did you feel this way about pilots prior to the tuskugee airmen??

Do you realize how utterly ignorant this rational was? How about we just put this line of thought to bed, or at minimum, keep it to yourself please.

Yes

Yes. No (nice strawman).

if you say so. Nope.

I realize that last one wasn't a question.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how's the air up on that pedestal? Pretty thin, I'm guessing.

Maybe he also understands 95% of what I write is to get a laugh.

But I've yet to see a post with the last great white RB.

I also have nothing against taking him... just not in the first round.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait McCaffery only benched 225 10 times. Thats pathetic and expect that out of a college kicker. That is an abysmal number if true. Is it true?

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait McCaffery only benched 225 10 times. Thats pathetic and expect that out of a college kicker. That is an abysmal number if true. Is it true?

If we draft him, once Shaun Huls gets his hands on him I doubt adding strength will be an issue anymore. Some kids are not lifters, doesn't mean they're not good football players.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't sexy but I wouldn't mind getting an OT with the first pick.