• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynamic Playmakers at #14

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey has 4577 yards from scrimmage and 29 TD's the past two seasons at a major college program ... his skin color doesn't mean a thing to me. He could be purple for all I care.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to make it sound like he would be the end-all solution, but he's an interesting option that would bring a lot of different skills to the field. The Eagles have had players in the past with similar skill sets that have been very successful in the offense they're running. The fact that he's white is a non-issue for me.

If we're going to spend a first on a RB, I hope its next year.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey has 4577 yards from scrimmage and 29 TD's the past two seasons at a major college program ... his skin color doesn't mean a thing to me. He could be purple for all I care.

name for me the last great purple running back...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby did just one year and he was nowhere near as explosive.

I wasn't comparing the 2 directly... just the yards and the school. They are different players, for sure.

I'm just skeptical of the history of super-athletic white kids coming out of college trying to play RB.

If he's our pick, I hope he's the white Barry Sanders.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing ... if we want to compare him to other white kids ... how many of them with his type of athletic ability /skill set have been anywhere near as productive at a major college? and it's not just his ability ... his vision / patience as a runner is top notch. His only drawback is upper body strength ... but the Stanford strength and conditioning coach is not big at all on lifting weights. Give him a pro trainer for a year and that will change drastically considering his work ethic.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the thing ... if we want to compare him to other white kids ... how many of them with his type of athletic ability /skill set have been anywhere near as productive at a major college? and it's not just his ability ... his vision / patience as a runner is top notch. His only drawback is upper body strength ... but the Stanford strength and conditioning coach is not big at all on lifting weights. Give him a pro trainer for a year and that will change drastically considering his work ethic.

I'm still hoping the pick is Ross.

There is just something special about having a guy that can take the top off the defense at any moment that opens up running lanes for whoever the RB is.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hoping the pick is Ross.

There is just something special about having a guy that can take the top off the defense at any moment that opens up running lanes for whoever the RB is.

I would have zero issues with Ross being the pick if he checks out medically. Possibly the most explosive receiver to come out in a long time. It's not just the 4.22 straight line speed ... it's his insane cutting ability on his routes. You combine those two aspects though and you get a player who's almost impossible to cover with today's NFL contact rules.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bleacherreport... at 14.. has all these guys available...

WR Mike Williams
RB Dalvin Cook
TE OJ Howard

They have us taking TE Howard

He is incredible, but I don't think TE is a huge need, and no reason to use the resources on it right now. Ertz is fine, and so is the depth. I do LOVE seeing us use more 2 and 3 TE sets (albeit it to cover up OL and WR weaknesses).

If it's me, I think I'm going WR Mike Williams, as much as I hate going WR in the 1st. I think this kid learning under Alshon would be a great situation. Better than drafting him without Alshon here. Then I'm looking to trade Matthews and/or Agholor. Alshon/Williams would be an awesome combo, with speed like Torry thrown in. Talk about some physical WR's!!! This is exactly what we need for Wentz.

Other tid bits

RB McCaffrey goes to NE at 32. That would be horrible for the rest of the NFL.

CB's drafted.... in the 1st.

CB Lattimore to ARI - 1 pick before us
CB Humphrey to TB @ 19
CB Tabor to DEN @ 20
CB Wilson to OAK @ 24
CB Jackson to DAL @ 28
CB Jones to GB @ 29 (surprised this high w/injury)

To me.....all of this mock info lost full credibility at "bleacherreport".....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name for me the last great white running back... one year wonders don't count.

6-mike-alstott-rb_pg_600.jpg

Best I could come up with considering "great" can be subjective. He had a pretty decent career.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name for me the last great white running back... one year wonders don't count.

so you think we should ignore his college play, combine and judge him purely on the color of his skin???

Did you feel this way about the quarterback position? Did you feel this way about pilots prior to the tuskugee airmen??

Do you realize how utterly ignorant this rational was? How about we just put this line of thought to bed, or at minimum, keep it to yourself please.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have zero issues with Ross being the pick if he checks out medically. Possibly the most explosive receiver to come out in a long time. It's not just the 4.22 straight line speed ... it's his insane cutting ability on his routes. You combine those two aspects though and you get a player who's almost impossible to cover with today's NFL contact rules.

I agree. His cutting ability stood out to me even more than his speed. That speed is not football speed either. I will have to see what type of cutting ability he has once he is being jammed at the los also. The multiple surgeries/injuries are the biggest issue to me, but hopefully the team doctors will take care of that issue. But I completely agree, whoever we get at #1 needs to be a sure thing. Reaches always bite us in the ars.

McCaffrey would be excellent replacement for sproles
Ross would be a great replacement for Torry. (we only need 1 speedster, and I don't see that Torry gives us anything else here)

So I'm good with either one. I just think we have more NEED at RB right now, given what we brought in at WR.

I'm actually really good with Mike Williams, to learn under Alshon. 2 big physical WR's on the ends, would be HUGE for Wentz and our TE/slot WR (ertz/Matthews).

On offense, we are in a GREAT spot.

The best thing in the world here tho, is that these rookies could come in and learn under a vet presence. That part cannot be overstated, and is a HUGE part of what we have been missing, and why some great talent that has come in, did not live up to their abilities, imho.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think we should ignore his college play, combine and judge him purely on the color of his skin???

Did you feel this way about the quarterback position? Did you feel this way about pilots prior to the tuskugee airmen??

Do you realize how utterly ignorant this rational was? How about we just put this line of thought to bed, or at minimum, keep it to yourself please.

It's ok, Roy.....I got what you meant.