• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft and Free Agency Question

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, with Hibbert offering very little on the court, I am really surprised Scott doesn't play Black more to see if he works better with the young guys.

it's not like Hibbert is putting up double-doubles. most days he is 6 & 5. just about any center could put those numbers up every game.

Yeah, Hibbert hasn't been terrible like he was the past couple of seasons in Indiana. But he hasn't exactly been the rim protector that I think we were all hoping we'd be getting. He's just too slow footed, especially with as bad as the perimeter defense has been.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

gotta remember Randle and Russell are rookies ( with Randle missing his rookie season with the broken leg ). they are already showing more than what I expected from them at this point. another offseason to continue to work, no Kobe around to distract them from playing the way they can play because Kobe commands so much of the ball, etc will go a long way for these guys.

if they can add Simmons or Ingram and a solid/all star center ( not named Cousins ), this team will make a HUGE leap forward next season.

Thanks for the reminder ALR!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know several of you don't really post on the main board. There was an interesting trade idea involving the Lakers that I thought might be of interest and wanted to see what fellow Lakers fans think.

The idea was, if the Lakers get the #1 pick in the draft, do they trade that pick for Jahlil Okafor and the #2 or #3 pick, whichever the Sixers get?

My thought was, if it's the #2 pick and Okafor, you definitely do it because you fill the 2 biggest holes the Lakers have right now (center and SF). It would give the Lakers a starting line up of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Randle
C- Okafor

I could live with that.

If it's the #3 pick, I'm a little less certain because the drop off after #2 is said to be pretty steep.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know several of you don't really post on the main board. There was an interesting trade idea involving the Lakers that I thought might be of interest and wanted to see what fellow Lakers fans think.

The idea was, if the Lakers get the #1 pick in the draft, do they trade that pick for Jahlil Okafor and the #2 or #3 pick, whichever the Sixers get?

My thought was, if it's the #2 pick and Okafor, you definitely do it because you fill the 2 biggest holes the Lakers have right now (center and SF). It would give the Lakers a starting line up of:

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Ingram
PF - Randle
C- Okafor

I could live with that.

If it's the #3 pick, I'm a little less certain because the drop off after #2 is said to be pretty steep.

Heck yeah I'd do it if it was the #2 pick. Philly would be exceedingly stupid to do that if its the #2. There's no way they are that dumb, at least not with Colangelo there now. I wouldn't do it for Okafor and the #3 though. Too big a drop off from Simmons and Ingram and the guys worth taking there (Bender or Murray) would overlap with Okafor and Clarkson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck yeah I'd do it if it was the #2 pick. Philly would be exceedingly stupid to do that if its the #2. There's no way they are that dumb, at least not with Colangelo there now. I wouldn't do it for Okafor and the #3 though. Too big a drop off from Simmons and Ingram and the guys worth taking there (Bender or Murray) would overlap with Okafor and Clarkson.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking if it were the #3. The logic that was presented for Philly to trade Okafor and the #2 is that they breakup their logjam of bigs and get Simmons.