• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doc out as Clippers HC

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he was pushed out the door.

According to a report this morning it was a "mutual decision".

Aka, Ballmer's a nice guy and let Doc go with some dignity intact.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a report this morning it was a "mutual decision".

Aka, Ballmer's a nice guy and let Doc go with some dignity intact.
I saw the report but still believe he was forced out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the report but still believe he was forced out.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'd expect that Ballmer basically said..."You're fired. But out of respect, we're going to say it was "mutual".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just occurred to me.

So Doc is gone and it looks like he'll be replaced by assistant coach Ty Lue.

Remember when folks were saying Vogel would be fired and replaced by assistant coach Jason Kidd?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc gets the Philly job and McMillan goes to NO while D'Antoni goes to Indy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just occurred to me.

So Doc is gone and it looks like he'll be replaced by assistant coach Ty Lue.

Remember when folks were saying Vogel would be fired and replaced by assistant coach Jason Kidd?
images GIF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc gets the Philly job and McMillan goes to NO while D'Antoni goes to Indy.

I think D'Antoni should go to the Pels. I'd love to see those kids running his offense. When it's clicking, the other team would like they're herding cats. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think D'Antoni should go to the Pels. I'd love to see those kids running his offense. When it's clicking, the other team would like they're herding cats. lol

What do you have against those former Lakers? You don't want them to ever succeed? :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have against those former Lakers? You don't want them to ever succeed? :heh:

lol

I think he'd be great with them. His offense is perfect for the pace they like to play at.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the end result hasn't changed at any of his stops.

True. They win a lot of games and make playoff runs, but no titles.

The Pels are young and still learning. You bring in D'Antoni for 3-4 seasons, let them run his offense, get used to winning games and making the playoffs, then bring in someone to get them over the top. Just not sure that there's anyone available right now that could stay with them all the way to a title.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. They win a lot of games and make playoff runs, but no titles.

The Pels are young and still learning. You bring in D'Antoni for 3-4 seasons, let them run his offense, get used to winning games and making the playoffs, then bring in someone to get them over the top. Just not sure that there's anyone available right now that could stay with them all the way to a title.

I just don't see the value in bringing in D'Antoni for those seasons. The next coach is going to change the system.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be more to this Doc firing...it might not be the main reason but just another added factor.

When Paul George was in Indiana he was dating Doc Rivers' daughter.
He cheated on her with a stripper (his current gf).
He tried to pay her $1M to get an abortion and she didn't, so he just stayed with her.

Seth Curry's current wife...is that same girl George cheated on, Doc Rivers' daughter.
Seth Curry was talking mad shit to George in that series. Curry actually had a great series, you could say he outplayed George in that series.

This is when all this news came out and Paul George was talking about his anxiety and depression. It was getting to him bigtime. Just interesting...

Anyways, this could have been one of the reasons Doc Rivers was fired. Having baggage with the star player isn't helping his case. This just adding to all the on the court issues as well as players on the team not respecting Rivers. Too many egos on this team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be more to this Doc firing...it might not be the main reason but just another added factor.

He tried to pay her $1M to get an abortion and she didn't, so he just stayed with her.

Seth Curry's current wife...is that same girl George cheated on, Doc Rivers' daughter.
Seth Curry was talking mad shit to George in that series. Curry actually had a great series, you could say he outplayed George in that series.

This is when all this news came out and Paul George was talking about his anxiety and depression. It was getting to him bigtime. Just interesting...

Anyways, this could have been one of the reasons Doc Rivers was fired. Having baggage with the star player isn't helping his case. This just adding to all the on the court issues as well as players on the team not respecting Rivers. Too many egos on this team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Paul George just seems like he might be a team killer.

Remember the rumors that he slept with Hibbert’s wife?

That team went from being #2 in the East to struggling to make the playoffs basically overnight.

That said, if there is 1 locker room that can get the best out of a player like PG, it is a LeBron led locker room. Just because he has been a disaster in LAC doesn’t mean it couldn’t have worked as a Laker.