• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think we are one of the 4 best teams?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For getting into the playoffs?

Plz explain, if that knocks Clemson out of the playoff picture. Or are you trying to say that Clemson would still be in it ... along with us?

If Clemson loses in the ACC conference championship game, I do not believe that an ACC team will be in the playoff. That opens up a spot. The four teams would probably be the SEC champ, the Big 10 champ and the Big12 champ which leaves the final position for ND. I don't think that this is the only way that we would make it in, but I think it is one way that we make it in.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clemson loses in the ACC conference championship game, I do not believe that an ACC team will be in the playoff. That opens up a spot. The four teams would probably be the SEC champ, the Big 10 champ and the Big12 champ which leaves the final position for ND. I don't think that this is the only way that we would make it in, but I think it is one way that we make it in.
LOL ok so a 11-1 (hoping) ND would get in before a 12-1 Clemson just cuz they lost a CCG? Nevermind that Clemson team beat us earlier?

Wow, dude.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like its coming down to our game and oklahoma game.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ok so a 11-1 (hoping) ND would get in before a 12-1 Clemson just cuz they lost a CCG? Nevermind that Clemson team beat us earlier?

Wow, dude.

Yes, I do not believe that a team that loses a conference championship game will get in. I don't think it necessarily means that we make it in, but it opens up the possibility.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do not believe that a team that loses a conference championship game will get in. I don't think it necessarily means that we make it in, but it opens up the possibility.
So my point exactly in regard to a Clemson loss really does us no good considering all other scenarios.

Again, if a one loss Clemson doesn't get in, we're not getting in ahead of a team that BEAT US. You're just being obtuse, now, if you think otherwise.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point exactly in regard to a Clemson loss really does us no good considering all other scenarios.

Again, if a one loss Clemson doesn't get in, we're not getting in ahead of a team that BEAT US. You're just being obtuse, now, if you think otherwise.

i guess i'm obtuse then. i think your logic is faulty as much of this has to do with timing. clemson CAN drop out leaving the possibility of nd moving up. it's the way it works all year long.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i'm obtuse then. i think your logic is faulty as much of this has to do with timing. clemson CAN drop out leaving the possibility of nd moving up. it's the way it works all year long.
:L

So you ACTUALLY think that IF a 12-1 Clemson drops out of the playoff grouping, that's REALLY gonna give reason for the committee to put an 11-1 ND in ahead of a team they LOST to in a H2H matchup?

Seriously, I do believe I'm just getting trolled now or there are some real atrocious Domer Homers on here that I was never aware of.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you ACTUALLY think that IF a 12-1 Clemson drops out of the playoff grouping, that's REALLY gonna give reason for the committee to put an 11-1 ND in ahead of a team they LOST to in a H2H matchup?

Seriously, I do believe I'm just getting trolled now or there are some real atrocious Domer Homers on here that I was never aware of.
just give up. he will never get. i been through this with other subjects and he doesnt get. he is blind right now.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just give up. he will never get. i been through this with other subjects and he doesnt get. he is blind right now.
But, but, but ... my logic fails. lol

I'm fairly convinced, now, that they're just trolling me. :D

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets play what if game. if ND wins and Oklahoma wins how does ND get in. we would need bama to lose. only logic thing. remember our chance are not over tonight if we win. we still have next weekend.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the problem you may be having is with logic. maybe you expect logic to always win out.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets play what if game. if ND wins and Oklahoma wins how does ND get in. we would need bama to lose. only logic thing. remember our chance are not over tonight if we win. we still have next weekend.
Ha and Barn is giving Bama all they can handle right now.

It's only 22-13 with 6.5 mins left. :L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn we need florida to lose tonight and then beat bama. please oklahoma please lose. make it easy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's what neither of you seem to understand.
1st, the committee will not make a determination of who belongs based on nothing more than win's and losses. they can't! too many teams with just one loss. 2nd, the game with clemson was almost 2 months ago at clemson, and a squeaker at that. the committee may very well tend to think of that game as even. IF (and that's a big if) clemson gets beat fairly handily AND notre dame beats stanford fairly handily .... and bama and ou win out. then bama, ou, big ten winner are in and i could easily see the committee taking nd over clemson ... whether you think it makes sense or not. and btw, it doesn't take a troll to believe this. they'd both have 1 loss, with nd's loss being a better loss.

so laugh all you want. the committee is not made of robots. you don't know what they'll do no matter how much you believe you do.

having said all this, i expect clemson to win out anyway so we'll never know.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watching the pre game show and brady quinn nailed it. they just showed what the committee goes by and ND beat oklahoma 3 of 4 criteria in how they pick. plus throw in big12 doesnt have a true champion. if ND wins and doesnt jump oklahoma committe will get in trouble because they will be going against the rules.

Lets go Irish. the pre game show was a good one. they actually showed the rule book. great stuff. i feel better now. just win Irish.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's what neither of you seem to understand.
1st, the committee will not make a determination of who belongs based on nothing more than win's and losses. they can't! too many teams with just one loss. 2nd, the game with clemson was almost 2 months ago at clemson, and a squeaker at that. the committee may very well tend to think of that game as even. IF (and that's a big if) clemson gets beat fairly handily AND notre dame beats stanford fairly handily .... and bama and ou win out. then bama, ou, big ten winner are in and i could easily see the committee taking nd over clemson ... whether you think it makes sense or not. and btw, it doesn't take a troll to believe this. they'd both have 1 loss, with nd's loss being a better loss.

so laugh all you want. the committee is not made of robots. you don't know what they'll do no matter how much you believe you do.

having said all this, i expect clemson to win out anyway so we'll never know.
no they have to follow rules. and rules say ND is in with a win tonight. if not committee will be replaced and they will have to change the rules then.