• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think we are one of the 4 best teams?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive Sooners have over ND is that they are Hot right now besides last week. They didn't look good last week. Close game to BC did hurt but it shouldn't have knocked us behind MSU. MSU has had a lot of close games against bad teams.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive Sooners have over ND is that they are Hot right now besides last week. They didn't look good last week. Close game to BC did hurt but it shouldn't have knocked us behind MSU. MSU has had a lot of close games against bad teams.

you keep insisting this shouldn't have happened. but it DID! so you're wrong!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep insisting this shouldn't have happened. but it DID! so you're wrong!
makes no sense. keep eating turkey. im not wrong until they announce the playoff teams.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel Notre Dame would beat out a one loss Oklahoma State team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Michigan State's win over Ohio State could look worse if they lose to Michigan this weekend.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The close game against BC did not knock us behind MSU. MSU's win over Ohio State did that. Quality wins is important. At this time, Navy is our top quality win (hopefully that gets better today). If Navy and Temple win this weekend, we will have wins against the two teams in the AAC championship game, which won't hurt. I'm starting to think that our best shot is for the ACC or th Big10 to screw up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The close game against BC did not knock us behind MSU. MSU's win over Ohio State did that. Quality wins is important. At this time, Navy is our top quality win (hopefully that gets better today). If Navy and Temple win this weekend, we will have wins against the two teams in the AAC championship game, which won't hurt. I'm starting to think that our best shot is for the ACC or th Big10 to screw up.
No we need Clemson to win out. They lose our lost to them wouldn't look good then. There are a couple scenerios: ND wins out: 1)Bama Losing. That clears the Path with out Oklahoma. No SEC team would make it then. 2) Oklahoma close win or loss with a Blow out win for ND. The committee will look at the blow out win and Sooners struggle and we will jump them like MSU did to us after beating OSU. 3) Mich beats OSU and then beats Iowa. No Big ten team makes it then because MSU can't make playoffs with out making the championship game. Mich with 2 L's is out. 4) Sooners losing this weekend.

There are a lot of ways ND gets in. ND needs to worry about themselves and just win and a blow out would be a bonus. No way in hell ND is left out with a blow out win on the road against Stanford. Committee will feel better with a nice win by ND.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we need Clemson to win out. They lose our lost to them wouldn't look good then. There are a couple scenerios: ND wins out: 1)Bama Losing. That clears the Path with out Oklahoma. No SEC team would make it then. 2) Oklahoma close win or loss with a Blow out win for ND. The committee will look at the blow out win and Sooners struggle and we will jump them like MSU did to us after beating OSU. 3) Mich beats OSU and then beats Iowa. No Big ten team makes it then because MSU can't make playoffs with out making the championship game. Mich with 2 L's is out. 4) Sooners losing this weekend.

There are a lot of ways ND gets in. ND needs to worry about themselves and just win and a blow out would be a bonus. No way in hell ND is left out with a blow out win on the road against Stanford. Committee will feel better with a nice win by ND.

I agree that there are a lot of ways that ND gets in. But, if Bama wins, MSU wins, and oklahoma wins out, we are on the outside looking in. If Clemson loses, that opens up a spot. One we might or might not get. If a Clemson loss drops us to 6th, it doesn't matter as only the top four matter. So if we go into championship week with Bama, MSU and Oklahoma looking to win out, I'll take my chances with clemson taking a loss.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don't think that we will beat out a one loss Oklahoma team.
we should but who know. logic says yes but if the committee tries to be flashy then we might. oklahoma doesnt have 1 advatage over the irish so it will be a tough decision for the committee. u either go by the whole season like they should or go with a hot team for 2-3 weeks. we will find out soon.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should but who know. logic says yes but if the committee tries to be flashy then we might. oklahoma doesnt have 1 advatage over the irish so it will be a tough decision for the committee. u either go by the whole season like they should or go with a hot team for 2-3 weeks. we will find out soon.

They do have an advantage over ND. They won a conference championship. The committee stated that they look at conference championships, head to head and common opponents. There is no head to head, we win in common opponents (Texas) but they would have a conference championship, and I don't think the committee wants to screw the Big12 twice in a row. So I don't know where it would stand.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have an advantage over ND. They won a conference championship. The committee stated that they look at conference championships, head to head and common opponents. There is no head to head, we win in common opponents (Texas) but they would have a conference championship, and I don't think the committee wants to screw the Big12 twice in a row. So I don't know where it would stand.
not really they have no championship. thats like saying ND won the independent league. so its not a big deal. its going to be interested

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there are a lot of ways that ND gets in. But, if Bama wins, MSU wins, and oklahoma wins out, we are on the outside looking in. If Clemson loses, that opens up a spot. One we might or might not get. If a Clemson loss drops us to 6th, it doesn't matter as only the top four matter. So if we go into championship week with Bama, MSU and Oklahoma looking to win out, I'll take my chances with clemson taking a loss.
Clemson losing does nothing. A one loss Clemson team will get in over us.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they lose in the ACC championship game.
What makes you think that? Their one loss against a UNC in that CCG and they'd still get in over the Irish.

Oct 3rd ... remember that date?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that? Their one loss against a UNC in that CCG and they'd still get in over the Irish.

Oct 3rd ... remember that date?

One of the things that the committee stated was of importance was conference championships. Clemson losing wouldn't necessarily mean that ND was in, but it would absolutely mean that Clemson was out. If Clemson loses to NC, I think you would see the Big10, Big12 and SEC champs in, and hopefully ND. There would be an outside chance that NC would get in, but I doubt it.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that the committee stated was of importance was conference championships. Clemson losing wouldn't necessarily mean that ND was in, but it would absolutely mean that Clemson was out. If Clemson loses to NC, I think you would see the Big10, Big12 and SEC champs in, and hopefully ND. There would be an outside chance that NC would get in, but I doubt it.
Ok, but that still doesn't satisfy the argument of Clemson losing helps the Irish get in.

Simple fact of the matter is if Clemson doesn't get in, neither would the Irish. 24-22 negates that one.

Only way Irish get in at this point, IMO, OU loses to Okie Lite and/or somehow scUM gets into B1G CG and beats Iowa. AND, maybe, just MAYBE if UF upsets Bama in SEC CG. UF would prolly get the nod ... cuz SEC.

It will prolly be:

Clemson
Bama
OU
MSU

ND looking in at #5 or #6.

If we can't take care of biz tonite, convincingly, all is moot.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but that still doesn't satisfy the argument of Clemson losing helps the Irish get in.

Simple fact of the matter is if Clemson doesn't get in, neither would the Irish. 24-22 negates that one.

Only way Irish get in at this point, IMO, OU loses to Okie Lite and/or somehow scUM gets into B1G CG and beats Iowa. AND, maybe, just MAYBE if UF upsets Bama in SEC CG. UF would prolly get the nod ... cuz SEC.

It will prolly be:

Clemson
Bama
OU
MSU

ND looking in at #5 or #6.

If we can't take care of biz tonite, convincingly, all is moot.

I agree with your final 4. This is why I think Clemson losing gives us a chance. If Clemson wins out, we need help from a couple of teams. If Clemson falls out, we have a better chance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why wouldnt UNC make it if they beat clemson. just a question.