• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think we are one of the 4 best teams?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked like shit yesterday. We moved the ball but probably had more turnovers than any other team in the country yesterday. The defense held BC to 16 points, but there are several shitty teams that held them to fewer points. BC sucks and we beat them by 3 at a time when style points count.

ND has beat some good teams and our only loss is to Clemson. That being said, I fell like the way ND is playing lately, there are a lot of teams that could beat us.

I think we are going to lose to Stanford. We have to fix too many things BK is unable or unwilling to fix. The injuries hurt us as well. We could win if we played to our potential, but it seems like we rarely do that.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Oklahoma is better than ND

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked like shit yesterday. We moved the ball but probably had more turnovers than any other team in the country yesterday. The defense held BC to 16 points, but there are several shitty teams that held them to fewer points. BC sucks and we beat them by 3 at a time when style points count.

ND has beat some good teams and our only loss is to Clemson. That being said, I fell like the way ND is playing lately, there are a lot of teams that could beat us.

I think we are going to lose to Stanford. We have to fix too many things BK is unable or unwilling to fix. The injuries hurt us as well. We could win if we played to our potential, but it seems like we rarely do that.

I think it's hard to say. I think we're top 10 for sure. We played what I consider to be a fairly poor game and still only lost to Clemson by 2.

I don't think the margin of victory tells the whole story about a team. Some coaches will run the shit up every chance they get, some will be good sports about it and take the foot off the pedal when victory is certain. I understand both sides of the argument. If it were me I'd be a good sport to other teams until their coach decided to be an @ss to mine, then I'd run the shit up.

Kelly seems like a coach that doesn't want to run it up but I also think that he tries too early to run the clock out when it seems obvious the other team isn't ready to concede.

The dropsies yesterday weren't coaches fault. We could've easily been up so far BC's late TD wouldn't have meant a thing had it not been for 3 Redzone turnovers. The question is why are they playing like that and why does coach not fix it? Cold hands? Handwarmers? Dropsies? Catch the ball first and foremost?!

I think we're talented enough to be Top 4. So yes. But whether we actually play like it... I think that stems from either complacency or ego or both. There was no reason to look ahead, so that shouldn't be it. Is it that they feel BC is so inferior they wouldn't have to give 100%? I don't know and I sure as hell don't believe the explanations that are in front of a camera. Did you see Kelly last night with Tappen? He was stumbling to find words that wouldn't make his team sound like buffoons. I have no idea what the players said though the implication was that they weren't looking ahead or whatever. I guess it must be stage fright because Irish teams have been like this for years. Maybe the pressure of succeeding they feel via Alums?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same ritual of Kelly's teams:

Playing down to inferior opponents. Once again, we see it.

Did the players screw up last nite? You bet they did.

I think it's a real combination of the attitude and uninspired 'business-as-usual' approach Kelly takes. A team will take on the persona of a coach and it's showing with ND Football, IMO.

Gotta wonder if all the distraction(s) with the Showtime series may be in play here, also.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone besides Clemson and Iowa, at this point, should have a claim to the top 4. all the 1 loss teams have similar resumes.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now ... if i were on the committee i would not vote us in if i were being honest with myself.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you would vote in iowa who played a group of nobodies and Oklahoma who got their ass handed to them by the same team we destroyed over us lol

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ND is capable of being a right up as a top team but they are far too inconsistent

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point in the season the inconsistency is supposed to fade away as the team gels. We've got one fame left and arguably haven't played a 60 minute mistake- free game since week one. This is who we are. We're an inconsistent team that, fortunately hasn't folded when those mistakes cost us. Teams like Clemson, USC and Stanford don't allow you to overcome such inconsistencies. Teams like UVA, Wake and BC do. Team just has to recognize that.

The corollary to Brian Kelly being unable to string together two dominating performances together is, he usually has the team playing at its best in the biggest games. I hope he has them ready and Coleman or Watkins can take advantage of their big chance (or Butler, although he seems lost in this defense).

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Oklahoma is better than ND

The first time, it's cute. The second time, it gets annoying.

Why come to the Notre Dame board? Is it that miserable waiting for Urban to pick up and leave?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time, it's cute. The second time, it gets annoying.

Why come to the Notre Dame board? Is it that miserable waiting for Urban to pick up and leave?

I'm not coming to your board, as in actually seeking out the Notre Dame board. I see a subject that piques my curiosity, I click on it, and if I feel the need to reply, I do. Just happened to be twice this weekend that I see something in here that interests me.

Please, DO get over yourself.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not coming to your board, as in actually seeking out the Notre Dame board. I see a subject that piques my curiosity, I click on it, and if I feel the need to reply, I do. Just happened to be twice this weekend that I see something in here that interests me.

Please, DO get over yourself.

We're Notre Dame, keep dreaming

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, i think the champ. game will be Alabama vs OU. I didnt answer that way to troll, I really do think OU is the better team, including better than the Buckeyes (of course) and everyone else out there

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford beats us next week. Just not enough left in the tank with Russell going down. Too many injuries to overcome.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame are one of the four best teams in the country to me, I am biased. I also think the players have been looking past both Wake and BC even if they don't want to admit it.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def a top 4 team with the talent. However, they are not playing anything close to that. Not sure who is at fault (players, or coaches) maybe both. If they want to make a run they have to get their shit together.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are any really good teams this year. Everyone seems to think Clemson is the #1 team, and we out gained them by 130 yards and gave them the ball four times in the second half and still should have won. At this point, we may end up behind Oklahoma, but in front of all the Big ten schools. Three weeks ago people had LSU as a top 4 team, now they aren't in the top 25. Ohio State gained 130 yards against Michigan State. Iowa is iowa. I don't know how good we are, but I think we would have a decent chance of beating any of the teams in the playoff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes by far we are one of the better teams. Only teams I would put in front of us is Bama and Clemson right now. Iowa no way. Oklahoma no way. I do feel like we are Top 4. No reason not to think we are top 4.