• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you think we are one of the 4 best teams?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def a top 4 team with the talent. However, they are not playing anything close to that. Not sure who is at fault (players, or coaches) maybe both. If they want to make a run they have to get their shit together.
Injuries are a big factor. people forget how many people we have out for the season. A lot of players are starting that were not starting entering this year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are a big factor. people forget how many people we have out for the season. A lot of players are starting that were not starting entering this year.

That doesn't matter to the committee. All that matters is who is playing right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter to the committee. All that matters is who is playing right now.
It does actually. That is a big reason we are in the Top 4. They are impressed with this Irish team and how they find a way to win.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one has forgotten anything ... and c irish is correct. the committee is concerned with who the best teams are at the end of the year. they couldn't care less about who's injured.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now i'd say yes. That BC game didn;t help you guys much but you win against Stanford there's no doubt you should be right there in the conversation. Thats a tough team to beat and at their house.If you lose then you know you were good but not good enough. Be proud of the season. All you can ask is to be in the hunt late November.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm clueless as to the committee's rankings this year, however, I do note that the ND forum threads are not haunted by trollers (Unlike the Tennessee threads which are regularly trolled by Bammers and Gayduhs).

I say, let Domers be Domers (There's really nothing that can be done about it, anyway). CFB fandom would be diminished by your absence. :yo:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that isn't true Long has stated Notre Dame's depth is impressive with how many people that have out due to injury and he's mentioned this on several occasions. Much Like Ohio State having to play 3 QB's last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that isn't true Long has stated Notre Dame's depth is impressive with how many people that have out due to injury and he's mentioned this on several occasions. Much Like Ohio State having to play 3 QB's last year.

Ohio State didn't play 3 QB's last year though. Miller was injured before the season & never stepped on the field. Only Barrett & Jones played QB for the Buckeyes in '14.:D

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State didn't play 3 QB's last year though. Miller was injured before the season & never stepped on the field. Only Barrett & Jones played QB for the Buckeyes in '14.:D

Eh it's the Buckeyes they had to play their 3rd string QB. Also didn't Miller get injured in fall camp I can't remember?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it's the Buckeyes they had to play their 3rd string QB. Also didn't Miller get injured in fall camp I can't remember?

Ohio State's 3rd stringer (Jones) didn't play until the meeeechegan game & started the last 3 games (Wisky, Bama, Oregon). Barrett started the first 12 games. As far as Miller, to tell ya the truth I don't remember exactly when he got injured last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's 3rd stringer (Jones) didn't play until the meeeechegan game & started the last 3 games (Wisky, Bama, Oregon). Barrett started the first 12 games. As far as Miller, to tell ya the truth I don't remember exactly when he got injured last year.

All the more impressive for Notre Dame that they've done what they've done with Kizer under center.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about "best", but I think that is irrelevant. What I wonder about is if the Irish are among the four most deserving teams for a spot in the playoff. Obviously, the Irish need a win against Stanford or there is no point in even discussing it. But there are a few other things that could really help the Irish as well.

1. The SEC champion has two loses. This will happen with losses by Florida (against Florida State) or Alabama (against Auburn), and Florida (or Mississippi!) winning the title game.

2. The B1G champion has two loses. In order for this to happen, both Michigan and Penn State must win this weekend (over Ohio State and Michigan State) and then a loss by Iowa in the championship game.

3. The ACC winner has two losses. This can only happen if North Carolina absorbs a loss to NC State, and then beats Clemson in the championship game.

4. The Big XII champion has two losses. This is such a circus at this point, I can't even fathom the possibilities!

The Pac-12 was already kind enough to oblige the Irish with a two-loss champion. As I have said before on the main board, I think the Irish need help. Specifically, that help should come in the form of two P5 conferences producing champions that are not deserving due to having two losses. The only other hope, I think, is for Notre Dame to be considered with Oklahoma for the last spot, and for the Irish to prevail due to the common opponent joke - I mean rule.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand the injuries, but that does not explain them playing down to lesser teams. We are supposedly recruiting the best of the best here. ND depth should be better than the likes of BC.
It's not.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the injuries, but that does not explain them playing down to lesser teams. We are supposedly recruiting the best of the best here. ND depth should be better than the likes of BC.
It's not.
These are young kids playing at Fenway Park, last week was Sr day. These are big moments for these kids and they slipped up but still won. I dont see a problem here. Good teams find a way to win. Thats what we are dong. Not so long ago we were losing these type of games.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are young kids playing at Fenway Park, last week was Sr day. These are big moments for these kids and they slipped up but still won. I dont see a problem here. Good teams find a way to win. Thats what we are dong. Not so long ago we were losing these type of games.

I agree the young guys are growing, def can see that. Like you said, last year we would have loss those games. Thing is, the committee does not want a team that just gets by lesser opponents. They don't care about ND injuries at all. I really hope Smith comes back with Fuller next yr.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the young guys are growing, def can see that. Like you said, last year we would have loss those games. Thing is, the committee does not want a team that just gets by lesser opponents. They don't care about ND injuries at all. I really hope Smith comes back with Fuller next yr.
i understand about the commitee but commitee needs to realize we have a tougher schedule then oklahoma and they lost to a team at home against a team we beat and it was a blow out. oh yeah they dont have a conference championship like us. to be honest its easy to see. i dont get it. our 1 loss was against the #1 team on the road in a huricane and out played them. its not about last week its about the whole season.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand about the commitee but commitee needs to realize we have a tougher schedule then oklahoma and they lost to a team at home against a team we beat and it was a blow out. oh yeah they dont have a conference championship like us. to be honest its easy to see. i dont get it. our 1 loss was against the #1 team on the road in a huricane and out played them. its not about last week its about the whole season.

Trust me Pur, I get where you are coming from. I am thinking like the committee..ya know the committee that bumped ND after that Fla St game all the way down last yr. They are looking for any, any reason at all to make sure ND is not in the playoffs. Fact is, people just hate ND for any reason.

IMO that Clemson game carried ND for as long as it could, now its gone as other teams get hot. ND is considered a power house who has struggled bad for the past 3 weeks (got worse each game) and last week vs BC was just awful. Flat out disgusting play, disgusting play calling, lack of effort was terrible, and we lose 2 of our best players. The committee wants the best teams in the playoffs, the hottest teams in there. ND is not one of them right now. Sure we played a tougher schedule, but we sucked vs teams were should have destroyed. It's no longer what have you done, but what you are doing now and could do. After last week vs BC, I can totally see why teams jumped over us. Do I agree with it, no. Good teams battle and find a way to win. ND has done that. We are in an era of what can you do for me now. ND did themselves no favors with their play over the past 3 weeks. They are not a hot team. It just boils down to that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't hard to understand. notre dame knew .... they KNEW they had to beat bc down pretty bad, and they simply could not do it! this is not on the resume of a tough team. as of right now they do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me Pur, I get where you are coming from. I am thinking like the committee..ya know the committee that bumped ND after that Fla St game all the way down last yr. They are looking for any, any reason at all to make sure ND is not in the playoffs. Fact is, people just hate ND for any reason.

IMO that Clemson game carried ND for as long as it could, now its gone as other teams get hot. ND is considered a power house who has struggled bad for the past 3 weeks (got worse each game) and last week vs BC was just awful. Flat out disgusting play, disgusting play calling, lack of effort was terrible, and we lose 2 of our best players. The committee wants the best teams in the playoffs, the hottest teams in there. ND is not one of them right now. Sure we played a tougher schedule, but we sucked vs teams were should have destroyed. It's no longer what have you done, but what you are doing now and could do. After last week vs BC, I can totally see why teams jumped over us. Do I agree with it, no. Good teams battle and find a way to win. ND has done that. We are in an era of what can you do for me now. ND did themselves no favors with their play over the past 3 weeks. They are not a hot team. It just boils down to that.
I agree with you that last week hurt us but Oklahoma almost lost to a team with their back up QB. That was not impressive either. MSU ahead of us makes no sense. We need impressive win this week and I think we will be ok. Oklahoma loss would be nice. Im not worried about the Big 10 because only 1 of them are going in so I think we will be ok. I still have hope and I'm sticking to my prediction that if we win this week we are in. I was right about needing Clemson to win out to help us when others thought the other way. Im staying with my prediction. if Im wrong Im wrong, at least we will be in a Big bowl game. Injuries killed this team just like last year but the difference we are still winning.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't hard to understand. notre dame knew .... they KNEW they had to beat bc down pretty bad, and they simply could not do it! this is not on the resume of a tough team. as of right now they do not deserve to be in the playoffs.
I disagree, When we beat(killed a team) that Sooners lost to at home trumps all, plus our 1 loss is against the #1 team on the road by 2 points. Our best win will be either stanford(on the road) or Navy(who has a shot to be in the top 12 team.