• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe the Browns can actually turn things around this time?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was an awful hire, still do.....I think the Browns will turn it around with the right QB selection, but Hue isnt the guy id want tutoring the future of that franchise...My guess is 6-10, a new young talented coach enters the building, and 2019 becomes the beginning of a new era for the browns
I'm not ready to say it's awful. I truly don't know who we could've hired that would've done better with what was available. His work with Cincinnati and Andy Dalton especially makes me optimistic that he can get the offense going with Tyrod and the pieces there. However, worst case scenario is we go something like 4-12 or 5-11 and he gets canned and we bring in Dorsey's pick. With all the talent and cap room, it will at least be an enticing job.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say it's awful. I truly don't know who we could've hired that would've done better with what was available. His work with Cincinnati and Andy Dalton especially makes me optimistic that he can get the offense going with Tyrod and the pieces there. However, worst case scenario is we go something like 4-12 or 5-11 and he gets canned and we bring in Dorsey's pick. With all the talent and cap room, it will at least be an enticing job.

I actually cant imagine another hire that would go 1-31 in 2 seasons

The browns arent the first team thats been thin on talent, i thought entering 2017, the Jets had the worst roster ive ever seen, and they managed a 5 win season.........

I think a Head Coach does make a difference when it comes to bad rosters, and Hue has basically just been as bad as the talent on that roster

Not trying to be combative, I just dont see him as the long term guy there

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually cant imagine another hire that would go 1-31 in 2 seasons

The browns arent the first team thats been thin on talent, i thought entering 2017, the Jets had the worst roster ive ever seen, and they managed a 5 win season.........

I think a Head Coach does make a difference when it comes to bad rosters, and Hue has basically just been as bad as the talent on that roster

Not trying to be combative, I just dont see him as the long term guy there
Well you make a good point about anyone else doing that. Can't really get worse. They've had some good coaches come through (Pettine, Shurmer, Crennel) that they ran out of town too quickly, but the front office has been the biggest weakness for years now. This is the first time since the Browns have been back that they seem to have a competent man at the helm.

The Jets were the beneficiary of one of Cleveland's biggest blunders - letting go of Josh McCown. He's not a stud or anything, but he was lightyears better than anyone the Browns had last year, which is why NYJ won 5 games and we won 0. Had they kept him last year, Kizer could be coming into year 2 ready to roll having been able to sit and learn rather than get thrown to the fire and have his confidence destroyed.

Hue has had the unfortunate luck of having this Cleveland team be his first HC experience. The FO gave him shit to work with, primarily at QB, and it's shown. We were good enough to win 6 games last year and very well could have with even a halfway decent QB. However, when you have the 3rd fewest TD passes and by FAR the most INTs, I don't know who could win.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they will have a very promising season this year that will put them back on the positive side of the NFL world!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly like to see them become somewhat successful and make a playoff run in the near future. However, my hunch is that history will repeat itself and the Browns will continue to go full Cleveland Browns mode regardless of the moves they've made this off-season and having two top 5 draft picks.

The lack continuity has certainly been an issue for them over the years, but if there was ever a time to tear it all down and start over, they should have fired Hue Jackson. All excuses aside, I am hard-pessed to believe that the guy who just coached them to 1-16 and 0-16 seasons respectively is ever going to turn them into a successful franchise regardless of what tools they give him.

I agree, but maybe for different reasons.

I'm a firm believer that your GM, HC, and QB need to be consistent for at least 3 seasons to gain any long term success. Hue was never thought to be a turnaround artist. He was thought to be a pretty good OC and his stint in CIN proved that on some level.

He came in yr one and gutted the team of veterans and brought in a slew of rookies...predictably, they sucked. 2nd yr, they realized they fucked up, and put money into the OL via FA, but they put a raw rookie behind center...predictably, they sucked.

New GM hired...that was the time to wipe the slate clean, new HC, and new QB (a trio that should get 3 seasons before any major changes).

As it stands, this GM has a W number in his head, or maybe even communicated to Hue...hit it or go north of it, I keep him, anything less, I'm hiring MY HC next yr. So there's a pretty good chance the Browns will be starting over with a new HC in '19...could they see a LAR type turnaround in one season? Maybe, but new OFC system for a 2nd yr QB says it's going to take at least 2 yrs.

So now we're probably looking at '20 to have any kind of consistency...GM, HC, QB.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have nowhere to go but up. I think Dorsey should draft pretty well so i could see them being competitive in a few years.