• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe the Browns can actually turn things around this time?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is excellent and thats why he kept Hugh. He can draft whoever he wants without input from the coach then handpick someone next year that agrees with his philosophy after he fires Hugh and in a few years if whoever he drafted doesn't work out he can put the blame on Hugh and the average fan won't know any better(I doubt Haslam will either :tsk:).

That seems like taking 2 steps back to move forward. Why not can Hue, find his guy and start moving the process forward now.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do turn it around I would say you may be looking at a 3-5 year window.....They need to hit on these picks and have somewhat of a decent year this upcoming season and then back it up with another solid one in 2019...In year three, if the picks are solid and the QB position is established, you might see real results and higher expectations....I'd actually like to see them do well, bad football has never appealed to me.....5-6 wins this season looks attainable....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theyll be better, but not really anything close to an actual threat in the AFC

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got some nice pieces and made some really good additions. I've got no confidence in Hue Jackson but he could prove be wrong. They're likely going to take a QB though so they pretty much need to hit on that or they'll likely be right back in the shitter in a few years. In the meantime I think they can get to 7-8 wins,this year even without a great draft. If they nail the draft they could be a playoff team

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they choose Allen, the NFL should just move them to Mexico City. Cleveland has suffered enough.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly like to see them become somewhat successful and make a playoff run in the near future. However, my hunch is that history will repeat itself and the Browns will continue to go full Cleveland Browns mode regardless of the moves they've made this off-season and having two top 5 draft picks.

The lack continuity has certainly been an issue for them over the years, but if there was ever a time to tear it all down and start over, they should have fired Hue Jackson. All excuses aside, I am hard-pessed to believe that the guy who just coached them to 1-16 and 0-16 seasons respectively is ever going to turn them into a successful franchise regardless of what tools they give him.

Yes.

I've said for the past year that I am on the Browns wagon. They're actually doing the rebuild the right way this time. Not taking any shortcuts. Loading up on draft picks, hoarding cap space, accumulating young talent... etc... They've cleared out the old front office. Put some pretty competent guys in place, IMO.

They're going to be improved this upcoming season. The tanking phase is over now that they'll be taking their QB of the future. They're also not going to toss him into the wolves immediately, which is smart. Tyrod is a good bridge. They brought in some offensive weapons this off-season. Gordon might be able to put a full-season together. The D already has some key pieces in place.

I think in 2018 - they're going to accumulate a handful of wins. 2019 they insert their franchise QB and begin to show promise. 2020... post-season. That's my prediction.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict they will AT LEAST double their win total from last year!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe in the Browns when they ditch those stupid unis and go back to the classic look.

You gotta dress for success.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com Draft 2018 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

As others have alluded to - it all comes down to whether they pick correctly at the QB position. The history of 1st rd picks at QB has been a mixed bag & honestly I don't really believe that anyone truly knows which of the current crop will do well long term.

People also have to be careful about coming to conclusions on this after just one season or less (especially for a young team like the Browns). A true evaluation can't be made for a few years.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to get the right QB. Darnold throws too many INT's. Who did Allen play against. Go with Mayfield. Barkley if possible at number 4 or Chubb if he's taken. Yes, they can turn it around.
They should stay away from Mayfield. The Manziel taste should still be fresh in their mouths.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Hue's make or break year. To be fair, he hasn't had a QB or any good talent on offense for 2 years. The QB position has been especially horrible. I don't know a coach that would've been able to win more than maybe 2-3 games at best the last 2 years with what he's had to work with.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should stay away from Mayfield. The Manziel taste should still be fresh in their mouths.

Josh Rosen is much more Manziel to me than Mayfield...Like Manziel, Rosen comes from money, and had a reputation for having a good time as much as any of these QB's

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Hue's make or break year. To be fair, he hasn't had a QB or any good talent on offense for 2 years. The QB position has been especially horrible. I don't know a coach that would've been able to win more than maybe 2-3 games at best the last 2 years with what he's had to work with.

I thought it was an awful hire, still do.....I think the Browns will turn it around with the right QB selection, but Hue isnt the guy id want tutoring the future of that franchise...My guess is 6-10, a new young talented coach enters the building, and 2019 becomes the beginning of a new era for the browns