• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney needs to step up to the plate and give proper credit.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Alabama won their conference?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama won their conference?

Won the playoffs, which is what matters.

Cry all you want, but the NCAA updated it's National Championship Title list and there is only 1 team listed in 2017 and it's Alabama.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won the playoffs, which is what matters.

Cry all you want, but the NCAA updated it's National Championship Title list and there is only 1 team listed in 2017 and it's Alabama.

I haven't checked in a while but the NCAA never had an "official" list of NCAA football champions, because
they have never conducted one. They do maintain a list of the results of the polls with the explanation
that the list is the consensus of polls and not an official NCAA title.

The NCAA has one style of trophy for all sports, but they have no trophy for FBS football.

The only "NCAA" champions in football are listed in FCS, Div II and Div III

It's all in the wording. There are lists of "College Football Champions" but no list that reads
"NCAA FBS Football Champions."

Just look at the Director's Cup. Now the NCAA will give the proper point total to an FBS school
that is named a National Champion in football thru a poll...But they will list North Dakota State
as Div I National Champions (FCS Division)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked in a while but the NCAA never had an "official" list of NCAA football champions, because
they have never conducted one. They do maintain a list of the results of the polls with the explanation
that the list is the consensus of polls and not an official NCAA title.

The NCAA has one style of trophy for all sports, but they have no trophy for FBS football.

The only "NCAA" champions in football are listed in FCS, Div II and Div III

It's all in the wording. There are lists of "College Football Champions" but no list that reads
"NCAA FBS Football Champions."

Just look at the Director's Cup. Now the NCAA will give the proper point total to an FBS school
that is named a National Champion in football thru a poll...But they will list North Dakota State
as Div I National Champions (FCS Division)

The NCAA has one now, and I approve of their method. It's like they read my posts on how to decide legitimate national championships based on time period they are claimed for and ran with it. Well, except they count the AP poll for USC in the BCS era which I think is bullshit.

FBS Football

Basically, computer/math polls are valid for anything pre 1936, the year the AP started(even though the AP was extremely biased). That removes 1941 for Alabama, which is fine by this logic and I would do the same.

Then once the BCS starts they only count those, and now they only count CFP.

Previously they had a database of national championships and it would list all those claimed and unclaimed. But they've done away with that it looks like.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They recognize them...they always have...but they do not call them "NCAA Champs"
They list "selecting organization."

Probably just semantics.

They also hired Sagarin 10 or 15 years ago to use their system to compute National
Champions thru the bowl season...Pre 1968. Just to make everything Apples to Apples.

I remember that because I was living in Kentucky and Sagarin (sp?) gave them the 1950 title
over OU, because they beat OU in the Sugar Bowl. The Kentucky media made a big-deal of it
because Florida was being touted as the only school to win the Football and Basketball title in
the same academic year. If the NCAA would go by Sagarin ratings thru the Bowl Season then
UK would have been the first.

It doesn't reflect that on that list. OU is still listed there so maybe after Sagarin completed
all the work, it was too inconclusive to use.