• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to Get Bama Back in the National Championship and Make Oklahoma State SUFFER!

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. They would have. We would have won them all except the A&M game. Like the eventual National Champion. Anything else you want to know grasshopper?

what makes you think oklahoma was better than florida, lsu, alabama, or south carolina? just curious. certainly not their performance on the field.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck if I know.

Why does OU have a winning record against:
SEC
Alabama
Texas A&M

:noidea:

Might have something to do with them being a top 5 program all-time...not very representative of the Big 12 as a whole...anymore than Bama is representative of the SEC as a whole.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does the big 12 get their shit pushed in by the sec every year in the cotton bowl?

The higher ranked team almost always wins the Cotton Bowl. It just so happens the SEC has had a deeper pool of highly ranked teams to send. Probably wouldn't have changed anytime soon either with a 14 team SEC. I'm glad the bowl matchup was scrapped in favor of the champions bowl or whatever it's called. 1 v. 1 is a much better matchup in the long term for the Big 12. We can't compete with the SEC for quality top end depth. You have 6 or 7 programs with championship resources on a year in year out basis compared to our 2. All the rest of our teams rely on coaching up talent and scheming over pure talent. Pure talent is consistent. Our little guys will come and go with coaching changes. Most of the time their lack of talent is exploited when you have a month to prepare for their schematic advantages.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wAIT, YOUR TRYING TO JUDGE AN ENTIRE CONFERENCE BY HOW chokeLAHOMA DOES IN bOWL gAMES?? LAUGHABLE LOGIC.

tHE sec IS A TOP HEAVY CONF WITH LOTS OF h-y-p-e.

That's it.

They got to play Chokehio State and Chokelahoma in the NCGs, a Texas without the winningest QB in CFB History, and then inexplicably THEMSELVES.

They get 2-loss teams placed in the NCG.

ALL HYPE. TOP HEAVY AND HYPE. That's it.

The Auburn NC was legit.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got to play Chokehio State and Chokelahoma in the NCGs, a Texas without the winningest QB in CFB History, and then inexplicably THEMSELVES.

Surely you don't refer to the girlish Texas QB who folded like a little bitch in order to preserve his NFL career, or do you maintain that this "injury" was legitimate?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7WbXunJcc]Colt McCoy hit by Marcell Dareus - YouTube[/ame]

If you believe that was legitimate, I've got a fully-functional lightsaber to sell you, sight-unseen. Just Paypal me $10,000, and I'll ship it off to you tomorrow.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wAIT, YOUR TRYING TO JUDGE AN ENTIRE CONFERENCE BY HOW chokeLAHOMA DOES IN bOWL gAMES?? LAUGHABLE LOGIC.

tHE sec IS A TOP HEAVY CONF WITH LOTS OF h-y-p-e.

That's it.

They get 2-loss teams placed in the NCG.

ALL HYPE. TOP HEAVY AND HYPE. That's it.

The Auburn NC was legit.

when the cotton bowl representative, typically the 2nd best big 12 team, runs through your conference going like 7-2 or 8-1 on average and then loses (badly) to the 3rd or 4th, maybe even 5th best team in the SEC depending on how the bowls shake out, it does reflect poorly on the overall strength of the conference.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" it does reflect poorly on the overall strength of the conference"

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 1 game sample size of a conference champion beating an SEC team that did not win the SEC East (whom many think has been the weaker of the divisions over the last several years). i know you are trying to make a point, but i can't figure out what it is.

And many in the team SEC camp were arguing that they belonged in the title game over Notre dame. Obviously Florida was way overrated and believed their own hype and got blown out by the worst major conference in BCS history. If the great and all powerful SEC is so great then your third team should be able to beat a lowly Big East team. You were even arguing that Ole Miss would be the second best team in the Big Ten. The homerism is strong in you.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the cotton bowl representative, typically the 2nd best big 12 team, runs through your conference going like 7-2 or 8-1 on average and then loses (badly) to the 3rd or 4th, maybe even 5th best team in the SEC depending on how the bowls shake out, it does reflect poorly on the overall strength of the conference.

CHOKElahoma. In a Bowl. What don't you understand, dunce?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Won 3 of the last 4....and haven't missed one in a while. ;)

LOOK! BEHIND YOU! CHRISSY!!!
DSC01655.jpg

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mack brown hasn't really had a stellar record in big games since that win over USC either.

something about rocks and glass houses...?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mack brown hasn't really had a stellar record in big games since that win over USC either.

something about rocks and glass houses...?

Hmmmm, We lost the winningest QB in CFB history on the 4th play from scrimmage, and we also did win a Fiesta in there, and other bowls.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
occupant, don't scare me like that! not nice. not nice.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And many in the team SEC camp were arguing that they belonged in the title game over Notre dame. Obviously Florida was way overrated and believed their own hype and got blown out by the worst major conference in BCS history. If the great and all powerful SEC is so great then your third team should be able to beat a lowly Big East team. You were even arguing that Ole Miss would be the second best team in the Big Ten. The homerism is strong in you.

i believe i said that ole miss would arguably be the 2nd best team on ohio state's schedule (referring to their regular season schedule). the only bad game ole miss really played all year was the one against mississippi state to close the season. other than that? 4 losses to 4 ranked teams (3 in the top 5). and 2 wins over ranked teams. who exactly on ohio state's regular season schedule has accomplished that? serious question. you act like it is blasphemy, but it looks reasonable to me. certainly could be the 3rd best, no?

and you can sit there and say florida was overrated blah blah blah... but guess what? i think they still had as many wins over ranked teams as any other team in the country. did they play a poor game against louisville? yes. but calling them overrated based on what they had done up to that point in the season is nuts. they most definitely deserved a top 5 ranking. and louisville was a pretty good team. that can happen on any given day. especially when you start pressing and leaving a comfort zone which florida absolutely did. is the big east lowly? yes. but quit acting like we all think that 7 teams in the SEC could win any conference. might a 4-4 SEC team go 6-2 in the big east? sure. might the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC beat (or lose) to a big east champion? of course.

again, SEC #3 (or even #2) losing to Big East #1 is not evidence that the SEC is overrated. it is just evidence that the SEC's 2nd or 3rd best team lost to Big East champion. sometimes, it goes the other way. if you think louisville killed florida in that game, what exactly would you say this SEC conference runner-up did to the big east champion?

Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Florida Gators - Box Score - January 01, 2010 - ESPN

You do realize that in both 2011 and 2012 the ACC conference champion lost to SEC teams that did not reach the SEC Championship game from the East division, right? Hell, in 2011, the SEC also notched nonconference wins over the Pac-12 champion and Big East champion in regular season play.

There are a million different ways to slice it... but overwhelmingly the SEC comes out on top.

Don't exaggerate things. Nobody is making serious outlandish claims like Kentucky would win this conference or Arkansas would win that conference. Maybe those teams would win 1 or 2 games in the Big 10 instead of going winless, but that's about it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you don't refer to the girlish Texas QB who folded like a little bitch in order to preserve his NFL career, or do you maintain that this "injury" was legitimate?

Colt McCoy hit by Marcell Dareus - YouTube

If you believe that was legitimate, I've got a fully-functional lightsaber to sell you, sight-unseen. Just Paypal me $10,000, and I'll ship it off to you tomorrow.

#1 injury was legitimate, he needed surgery for it. smh
#2 the angle of the replay was poor as it did not show Dareus performed an excellent head butt to the right shoulder.
#3 you don't have a fully-functional lightsaber and your offer is a con, unlike the McCoy injury.
:L

But you go right on believing that an uninjured McCoy chose not to play against Bama. :omg:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 injury was legitimate, he needed surgery for it. smh
#2 the angle of the replay was poor as it did not show Dareus performed an excellent head butt to the right shoulder.
#3 you don't have a fully-functional lightsaber and your offer is a con, unlike the McCoy injury.
:L

But you go right on believing that an uninjured McCoy chose not to play against Bama. :omg:

Cortisone shots must not have been available in 2010...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how Okie State is going to suffer. If they win Saturday they will be Big XII co-champs (own the tie breaker), have a win over their in-state rival and be headed to the Fiesta Bowl. How is that suffering (especially for them)?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, We lost the winningest QB in CFB history on the 4th play from scrimmage, and we also did win a Fiesta in there, and other bowls.

i know mccoy was lost early in the game, but it was actually the 9th play from scrimmage (the 5th play for texas).

furthermore, a lack of depth at quarterback, or overdependency on 1 player sounds like a team problem (or at the very least, a risk that not all teams have to take) more than anything. if alabama had lost mcelroy, they would have subbed in an inexperienced QB and continued to run their offense which mainly consisted of feeding the ball to their tailbacks.