• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH and Health of Program

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyon's is going to scream money ball like the Pirates at the end of the day.even though the program is making 20 times more than it was in the BE...Lyon's , especially if they win at TEXAS should be announcing an extension...it would give that team a monster lift to finish this season possibly as Big12 champs and hit a tsunami of a recruiting wave.

Dana's stock is at an all time high right now. Lyons would have gotten off cheap had he given the extension before the season started. So much for saving a bit of money. Now if Dana wins and bolts to LSU or somewhere else, there will lots of splaining to do.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyon's is going to scream money ball like the Pirates at the end of the day.even though the program is making 20 times more than it was in the BE...Lyon's , especially if they win at TEXAS should be announcing an extension...it would give that team a monster lift to finish this season possibly as Big12 champs and hit a tsunami of a recruiting wave.
I disagree, at the end of the day Lyons' loyalties lie with WVU and its financial well being. Trying to negotiate an extension now gives Lyons little wiggle room in negotiations. Let's say he waits until the end of the regular season and the team has lost out or lost 3 of the last 4 games (still a solid season and worthy of an extension imo) easier to negotiate in WVU's favor then or now?

Last edited:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, at the end of the day Lyons' loyalties lie with WVU and its financial well being. Trying to negotiate an extension now gives Lyons little wiggle room in negotiations. Let's say he waits until the end of the regular season and the team has lost out or lost 3 of the last 4 games (still a solid season and worthy of an extension imo) easier to negotiate in WVU's favor then or now?

Very True indeed, but on the flip side, what if we go 3-1 or 4-0 and end up in a New Years Six bowl, or maybe even a playoff team? I think that even if an offer is made, unless it is really big, Dana takes his chances and lets a bidding war begin. Either way, I would be pleasantly surprised to see an offer and extension completed sooner than later. Making the top 10 should give us a boost in recruiting. Much of that will be lost if recruits don't know if the coach is returning.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very True indeed, but on the flip side, what if we go 3-1 or 4-0 and end up in a New Years Six bowl, or maybe even a playoff team? I think that even if an offer is made, unless it is really big, Dana takes his chances and lets a bidding war begin. Either way, I would be pleasantly surprised to see an offer and extension completed sooner than later. Making the top 10 should give us a boost in recruiting. Much of that will be lost if recruits don't know if the coach is returning.

WVU would have to dig deep either way, Honestly imho if those 1 loss or playoff scenarios happen then I think there is a very good chance that Dana will be talking with programs/NFL organizations that WVU can't compete with financially anyway and no offer that Lyons could offer would be enough. Recruits will know one way or the other well before signing day as far as the '17 class so imo that's not a big deal at this point. WVU signs him after a good regular season then the future recruits are fine as well.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU would have to dig deep either way, Honestly imho if those 1 loss or playoff scenarios happen then I think there is a very good chance that Dana will be talking with programs/NFL organizations that WVU can't compete with financially anyway and no offer that Lyons could offer would be enough. Recruits will know one way or the other well before signing day as far as the '17 class so imo that's not a big deal at this point. WVU signs him after a good regular season then the future recruits are fine as well.

Personally I don't think its about the money..right now...its about the length of contract..you give Dana a bump now say 500K plus 250K in incentives that is all it would take to put him in the same pay grade as the majority of coaches in the Power 5 conferences...but you got to give the guy at least 7 years with incremental salary increases commensurate with his peers and a buyout that works for both party's...It just seems to easy to me to get this done..clearly Lyon's is praying the other shoe drops..and that in itself is a sad commentary basing the next 5 or 7 years on the wins and losses from this season...it should be about the health of the program and from what I see it has never been better...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Dana gets on average what the other power 5 coaches average per year I would have to believe he would be good with that..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seriously made me LOL! It's like you've known him for years...except he wouldn't have paid $18 for a pair of Levi's...that's way too much for a pair of jeans. He wears the $14 Lee's :pound:
Lee???? He would probably think I'm snobbish wearing Levi's. My parents made me wear Toughskins when I was in grade school. That would be a major child abuse charge for parents today.

This is going to be interesting how the Dana vs Lyin' Shane Lyons saga will pan out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU lost OL commit Cody Bowes this week. WVU currently has one OL commit. With Bowes decommittment, scout.com has WVU's '17 class ranked #62.

WVU's recruiting is at an all-time low...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it is because we are winning and looking at some better guys to come in, but more than likely it is players questioning the guy will even be here next year....thanks Lyons top notch job.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching ESPN this morning before their Gameday Show, and Brett McMurphy reported Jimbo Fisher is the top target at LSU. However, he mentioned he is hearing Larry Fedora and Dana Holgorsen are receiving interest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons has already proven he is not capable of doing what's best for WVU. None of us need more proof...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lyons didn't make the changes to get those 5 programs to where they are at. Changes made by that Luck guy.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I love Luck for what he did for us while he was here but SOMEBODY had to make it work.. Mr Lyons is that somebody.
Is pot legalized where you live or is it just available?

tom55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU lost OL commit Cody Bowes this week. WVU currently has one OL commit. With Bowes decommittment, scout.com has WVU's '17 class ranked #62.

WVU's recruiting is at an all-time low...

upload_2016-11-13_1-27-19.jpeg

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boys you cant have it both ways, Mr Lyons is a great AD, it shows in the rankings, if he were half the trainwreck yall try n paint him to be all of our programs would be a dumpster fire by now.
He offered Dana an extension earlier, a fair one for about what he was worth and Dana gambled and turned it down. Good for him, Dana could be worth a little more now so my guess is Lyons gets him locked down after the Baylor game and OBTW why would Dana be stupid and negotiate an extension right now anyway? He has OU and Baylor at home and a bad ISU team on the road, his team could wind up 11-1. You negotiate when you are 11-1 not 8-1

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More thank likely he would do it now to help recruiting which i think is the point of the latest post. Without a contract our recruits are being picked off...you know they are hearing "Look he is winning and they are still not signing him"

Last win puts DH at 60% winning percentage for his time at WVU.

Just for fun:

Bowden 61%
Nehlen 60%
Lewis 59%
RR 69%
Stew 70%

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3