• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH and Health of Program

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boys you cant have it both ways, Mr Lyons is a great AD, it shows in the rankings, if he were half the trainwreck yall try n paint him to be all of our programs would be a dumpster fire by now.
He offered Dana an extension earlier, a fair one for about what he was worth and Dana gambled and turned it down. Good for him, Dana could be worth a little more now so my guess is Lyons gets him locked down after the Baylor game and OBTW why would Dana be stupid and negotiate an extension right now anyway? He has OU and Baylor at home and a bad ISU team on the road, his team could wind up 11-1. You negotiate when you are 11-1 not 8-1
Dammit Rusher, my 3 year old granddaughter could sit behind the AD desk and run the show. Lyons isn't at 'Bama where every coach would take an unpaid position right now to coach on that staff. If I were Dana and get what I want at 8-1, why would I gamble? If I'm 11-1, Lyons had better put on a lot of Chapstick, because he will be kissing my ass a whole bunch before I signed....if I signed. Maybe I'd let Lyin' Shane Lyons kiss my ass before I broke it off in his ass should I go 11-1.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be the first...

To be honest, I couldn't figure out what that face was supposed to be saying...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh!

The recruiting news has been a downer this year. No doubt. Lyons is directly responsible for it. Anyone who thinks Lyons has been doing a great job is as fucking stupid as Lyons is.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boys you cant have it both ways, Mr Lyons is a great AD, it shows in the rankings, if he were half the trainwreck yall try n paint him to be all of our programs would be a dumpster fire by now.
He offered Dana an extension earlier, a fair one for about what he was worth and Dana gambled and turned it down. Good for him, Dana could be worth a little more now so my guess is Lyons gets him locked down after the Baylor game and OBTW why would Dana be stupid and negotiate an extension right now anyway? He has OU and Baylor at home and a bad ISU team on the road, his team could wind up 11-1. You negotiate when you are 11-1 not 8-1

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:scratch::scratch::scratch:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU lost OL commit Cody Bowes this week. WVU currently has one OL commit. With Bowes decommittment, scout.com has WVU's '17 class ranked #62.

WVU's recruiting is at an all-time low...
247 has us at about 45, we finished about 39th for the '16 class. That amounts to...oh about ONE whopping recruit:pound:My god the drama from some of our fanbase is ridiculous. News flash, there are coaches out there that are as good if not better than Holgorsen that will happily fill his spot, we will be fine and Lyons knows this. He is NOT going to get pressured into a bad deal for WVU.

Relax, enjoy the season and ALL OF THESE PROGRAMS UNDER SHANE LYONS WATCH BEING RANKED and let him handle it, we'll be fine.. sheeesh

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh... who are these coaches who have proven to be as good if not better than Dana?

While I cited the current ranking of this year's class, the composite is greater than the number. This class is missing some critical pieces. Let's not come off being even more fucking stupid than we've already shown.

Deal?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh... who are these coaches who have proven to be as good if not better than Dana?

While I cited the current ranking of this year's class, the composite is greater than the number. This class is missing some critical pieces. Let's not come off being even more fucking stupid than we've already shown.

Deal?

We have 8 wins in a weak year for the Big12, lets not paint this as some grand achievement here and I hope he does much much more but there are ALOT of coaches that can do AT LEAST what Holgorsen has done while at WVU ALOT!

We lost a 3 star Lineman out of FL that dropped our ranking... a little, but we still have targets that would come to WVU including one huge 3 star kid in state who has been notoriously quite in his recruiting decisions that may flip from LSU! Ever think THAT is why the FL kid backed off?
I'm sorry but the world doesn't revolve around Dana Holgorsen and his extension and the sky isn't falling because WVU isn't where we want to be in the recruiting rankings. Heck all the Big12 teams are struggling in recruiting.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 8 wins in a weak year for the Big12, lets not paint this as some grand achievement here and I hope he does much much more but there are ALOT of coaches that can do AT LEAST what Holgorsen has done while at WVU ALOT!

We lost a 3 star Lineman out of FL that dropped our ranking... a little, but we still have targets that would come to WVU including one huge 3 star kid in state who has been notoriously quite in his recruiting decisions that may flip from LSU! Ever think THAT is why the FL kid backed off?
I'm sorry but the world doesn't revolve around Dana Holgorsen and his extension and the sky isn't falling because WVU isn't where we want to be in the recruiting rankings. Heck all the Big12 teams are struggling in recruiting.

Chris @ 247 doesn't agree with your logic...

"Not giving Holgorsen an extension during last offseason sets him up for failure again in the future even if he puts together a great year this year. Because there is no contract in place, West Virginia will be behind the eight ball for 2017 AND 2018 recruiting, so even if the contract gets done after the season, the program will be fighting to catch up on the recruiting trail. The impact may not be immediate, but two or three years down the road, we may very well be looking back and wondering why the talent is down or the numbers are down, and it will be because WVU dragged their feet on this extension and the coaching staff couldn't recruit up to their standards for back-to-back classes."

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris @ 247 doesn't agree with your logic...

"Not giving Holgorsen an extension during last offseason sets him up for failure again in the future even if he puts together a great year this year. Because there is no contract in place, West Virginia will be behind the eight ball for 2017 AND 2018 recruiting, so even if the contract gets done after the season, the program will be fighting to catch up on the recruiting trail. The impact may not be immediate, but two or three years down the road, we may very well be looking back and wondering why the talent is down or the numbers are down, and it will be because WVU dragged their feet on this extension and the coaching staff couldn't recruit up to their standards for back-to-back classes."
Its his opinion, and I disagree. Dana was - < that close to being fired at the end of the season in '15 and CLEARLY on the hotseat yet we finished about where we are ranked now. So, we finish with 9+ wins this year and Dana gets his extension and the staff stays in place (which has been a problem for Dana) all is right with the WVU football world and the recruiting is going to go... DOWN? I don't buy it.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his opinion, and I disagree. Dana was - < that close to being fired at the end of the season in '15 and CLEARLY on the hotseat yet we finished about where we are ranked now. So, we finish with 9+ wins this year and Dana gets his extension and the staff stays in place (which has been a problem for Dana) all is right with the WVU football world and the recruiting is going to go... DOWN? I don't buy it.

Again...

Because there is no contract in place, West Virginia will be behind the eight ball for 2017 AND 2018 recruiting, so even if the contract gets done after the season, the program will be fighting to catch up on the recruiting trail.

You do realize that signing day is just a few months away and by the time bowl season is over, just weeks away? IF Lyons waits until after the season to negotiate, a lot of our targets may have moved on because of the current contract situation. You don't agree with that?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...

Because there is no contract in place, West Virginia will be behind the eight ball for 2017 AND 2018 recruiting, so even if the contract gets done after the season, the program will be fighting to catch up on the recruiting trail.

You do realize that signing day is just a few months away and by the time bowl season is over, just weeks away? IF Lyons waits until after the season to negotiate, a lot of our targets may have moved on because of the current contract situation. You don't agree with that?
I am a member of the site, Chris has also mentioned recruits waiting for an announcement on an extension before they make their commitment to WVU in another thread. IMO Lyons will make his move at the end of the regular season, prob the week after the Baylor game. PLENTY of time for recruits to get on boad or flip from somewhere else by signing day. If Dana doesn't have a new deal by the bowl game it will be because he is coaching at a new school imo. Lots of undue drama over this extension at this point imo, its not the correct time to have it in the limelight.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana signed a 6 year extension Aug.8th 2012 and the recruiting results...

2013 class rank 31
2014 class rank 38
2015 class rank 35
2016 class rank (nearly fired) 39
current rank with potential top 5-10 team this year and a sure extension coming 45

boys.....it aint that big o deal

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a member of the site, Chris has also mentioned recruits waiting for an announcement on an extension before they make their commitment to WVU in another thread. IMO Lyons will make his move at the end of the regular season, prob the week after the Baylor game. PLENTY of time for recruits to get on boad or flip from somewhere else by signing day. If Dana doesn't have a new deal by the bowl game it will be because he is coaching at a new school imo. Lots of undue drama over this extension at this point imo, its not the correct time to have it in the limelight.

Ohhhh...yes it is..........

4. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia head coach. The college coaching job market comes at you fast. Holgorsen, 45, was considered a lame duck entering 2016, with a 36-28 record over his five seasons in the Big 12, but after a 6-1 start, he’s back in favor.

A faction of LSU boosters in Houston consider him an offensive mind who’s never been given elite talent to work with. It also helps that of the coaches in the Mike Leach air raid tree, Holgorsen has embraced the run more than others.

That tree, however, was designed in large part to compensate for a lack of five-star talent in places like Lubbock and Morgantown. But points are points, and for his supporters, Holgorsen’s stats feel like an antidote to Miles’ offenses.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the scenario I'm thinking of and it's VERY likely. A kid has an offer from WVU and waiting to see what happens with DH's contract. Another school that he really likes comes along and says, "Hey, we have an opening right now...take it or leave it." He commits and doesn't take anymore visits and doesn't flip.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the scenario I'm thinking of and it's VERY likely. A kid has an offer from WVU and waiting to see what happens with DH's contract. Another school that he really likes comes along and says, "Hey, we have an opening right now...take it or leave it." He commits and doesn't take anymore visits and doesn't flip.
That happens in recruiting all the time tho, WVU does it to other schools too, if a kid REALLY wants to be at WVU (or insert about any school name) he'll flip.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh...yes it is..........

4. Dana Holgorsen, West Virginia head coach. The college coaching job market comes at you fast. Holgorsen, 45, was considered a lame duck entering 2016, with a 36-28 record over his five seasons in the Big 12, but after a 6-1 start, he’s back in favor.

A faction of LSU boosters in Houston consider him an offensive mind who’s never been given elite talent to work with. It also helps that of the coaches in the Mike Leach air raid tree, Holgorsen has embraced the run more than others.

That tree, however, was designed in large part to compensate for a lack of five-star talent in places like Lubbock and Morgantown. But points are points, and for his supporters, Holgorsen’s stats feel like an antidote to Miles’ offenses.

Again, why would Dana sign an extension now anyway at this point with schools like that being a possibility? Personally I think Oregon is a stronger candidate to come after him. In either case WVU isn't going to go dollar for dollar with those programs.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the not go dollar for dollar with those programs, we have the money and why would we just want to start over to start over....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A weak year for the Big 12? The Big 12 has two teams ranked in the AP top 10... three teams in the top 15. How is it weak? How is this year weaker than the other years WVU has been a member? It's weak because WVU is having success?

Not sure I'd say all of the Big 12 teams are struggling with their recruiting. Just the ones with questions at HC... WVU, UT and BU...