• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH and Health of Program

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weak year for the Big 12? The Big 12 has two teams ranked in the AP top 10... three teams in the top 15. How is it weak? How is this year weaker than the other years WVU has been a member? It's weak because WVU is having success?

I have never seen a fanbase like ours where we make excuses for success....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weak year for the Big 12? The Big 12 has two teams ranked in the AP top 10... three teams in the top 15. How is it weak? How is this year weaker than the other years WVU has been a member? It's weak because WVU is having success?

Not sure I'd say all of the Big 12 teams are struggling with their recruiting. Just the ones with questions at HC... WVU, UT and BU...
The one that counts says.....NO teams in the top 10 and only 2 in the top 15

.Rankings | College Football Playoff

247 and rivals both say that the conference is struggling on the recruiting side.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a fanbase like ours where we make excuses for success....

I like and have enjoyed the ride to 8 wins but lets face facts, we havn't beaten a ranked team so far this year. In fact, we were thumped by the only ranked team that we faced and the powers that be aint too impressed with us. We have a chance this weekend to prove some folks wrong, lets see what happens :noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to scout.com, OU has the #3 class in the country.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like and have enjoyed the ride to 8 wins but lets face facts, we havn't beaten a ranked team so far this year. In fact, we were thumped by the only ranked team that we faced and the powers that be aint too impressed with us. We have a chance this weekend to prove some folks wrong, lets see what happens :noidea:

Thats a lame response...it truly is...a year ago when you see Wv with Mizzou and BYU on your OOC schedule aong with the ICC itself no one would have thought it wasn't a strong schedule...sometimes it just works out that way...it not like the SEC EAST is a juggernaut as a matter of fact 6 of the 12 teams are 500 or worse..same for the Pa

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a lame response...it truly is...a year ago when you see Wv with Mizzou and BYU on your OOC schedule aong with the ICC itself no one would have thought it wasn't a strong schedule...sometimes it just works out that way...it not like the SEC EAST is a juggernaut as a matter of fact 6 of the 12 teams are 500 or worse..same for the Pa
I think you just agreed with me in a round about way. Its not our fault that Mizzu is a trainwreck or that Bronco bolted for UVA and weakened BYU this year it just is what it is...weak. Not our fault, we tried, but its still weak, we need some quality wins :noidea:. Our conference mates losing to teams like Houston, Ohio,CMU ect. havnt helped

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... GR is moving the goal posts?

When WVU had its first undefeated regular season in the history of the program, how many pointed out the weakness of its schedule?

In '88, WVU did not beat a year end ranked team until they beat SU in the finale.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... GR is moving the goal posts?

When WVU had its first undefeated regular season in the history of the program, how many pointed out the weakness of its schedule?

In '88, WVU did not beat a year end ranked team until they beat SU in the finale.

Where do you think the '88 team would be ranked this year, under this system?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think the '88 team would be ranked this year, under this system?
Assuming that we are in the AAC we would be in the same spot as we are now. Saturday will speak volumes about this team. Nobody thinks we will win and our season so far is just a fluke. I can see us going 11-1 and end up no higher than #6 and watch Louisville or Ohio State get a spot even they do not make the conference title game. The Chaos could be fun to watch. Consider conference champions Florida, Penn State, Virginia Tech USC and WV and a playoff with Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville and Florida.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of projection. We haven't seen the most recent CFP rankings. I'm assuming we'll see some serious reshuffling of the teams from #5-15. From what I've seen of the committee which values wins and SOS, I would expect to see the '88 WVU team ranked anywhere from #5-7.

They'd likely fall behind some of the 1-loss teams, but in front of some of the others which recently lost this weekend.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, it will be interesting... but, we might see two Big 12 teams in the top 10 tonight. OU and Okie St were just outside last week, and with AU and A&M losing, at least OU should move upward.

Not bad for a down year in the Big 12. Tonight we should have 3 teams ranked in the top 15...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just agreed with me in a round about way. Its not our fault that Mizzu is a trainwreck or that Bronco bolted for UVA and weakened BYU this year it just is what it is...weak. Not our fault, we tried, but its still weak, we need some quality wins :noidea:. Our conference mates losing to teams like Houston, Ohio,CMU ect. havnt helped

Beating an SEC team and a program in BYU with National brand recognition is quality wins..talk about your hard luck story by the way...BYU is 6-4 and has lost ALL 4 games by a TOTAL of 8 points!

And the in conference schedule IMHO is as good as anyone if not better ranked ahead of WV..and the AP and Coaches poll think the same

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, it will be interesting... but, we might see two Big 12 teams in the top 10 tonight. OU and Okie St were just outside last week, and with AU and A&M losing, at least OU should move upward.

Not bad for a down year in the Big 12. Tonight we should have 3 teams ranked in the top 15...

When the conference sets up for a back loaded schedule you really don't know how good you are as conference until this time of the year

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out why beating a ranked team means anything.....those Notre Dame wins should impress voters.

Plus counting these ranked wins SEC teams will always have advantages even with good L's freakin good L's we give teams more credit for a loss than teams that win:doh:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFP Committee placed 3 Big 12 teams in the top 15. But, this is a down year for the Big 12.

How many SEC teams were placed in the top 15? ACC?

Just like I predicted!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFP Committee placed 3 Big 12 teams in the top 15. But, this is a down year for the Big 12.

How many SEC teams were placed in the top 15? ACC?

Just like I predicted!!

Its a joke ...I can't even pay any attention to it really...this Hocutt guy gets out in front of a 3 loss USC team and qualify's their ranking because of one road upset win?...and Wv has not quality wins beating a good BYU team on neutral site and beating a TEXAS team undefeated at home this year?..and half of the Pac12 have records .500 or worse?...too friggin funny.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a joke ...I can't even pay any attention to it really...this Hocutt guy gets out in front of a 3 loss USC team and qualify's their ranking because of one road upset win?...and Wv has not quality wins beating a good BYU team on neutral site and beating a TEXAS team undefeated at home this year?..and half of the Pac12 have records .500 or worse?...too friggin funny.

Plus, USC got shellacked by 50 points vs Bama but that was the first game of the season...that was a LONG time ago so we'll just go ahead and forget about that one.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#notmycollegefootballplayoff

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USCw owns wins over UW on the road... in dominating fashion I might add. They also beat Colorado which is ranked #10. That is two wins over teams ranked in the top 10.

WVU currently has zero wins over top 25 teams. ZERO!!

The committee is judging teams differently than ever before. It is all about quality wins.

IMO, OU getting a top 10 ranking and not WVU sticks out. OU has as many wins over ranked opponents as WVU. They also have two losses! Holcutt's explanation about a winning streak and impressive offense are hard to digest.