• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH and Health of Program

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCw owns wins over UW on the road... in dominating fashion I might add. They also beat Colorado which is ranked #10. That is two wins over teams ranked in the top 10.

WVU currently has zero wins over top 25 teams. ZERO!!

The committee is judging teams differently than ever before. It is all about quality wins.

IMO, OU getting a top 10 ranking and not WVU sticks out. OU has as many wins over ranked opponents as WVU. They also have two losses! Holcutt's explanation about a winning streak and impressive offense are hard to digest.

Committee Chairman Kirby Hocutt during his post-rankings release teleconference with the media. Hocutt, who is the Athletic Director at Texas Tech, admitted that there was plenty of conversation about the Mountaineers and where they should be ranked, but ultimately the decision was to keep them where they are because they have only played against one Top 25 team and lost (Oklahoma State).

Fox Sports' Stewart Mandel followed up that statement with a question - why is Oklahoma then ranked No. 9 when they have also only played one Top 25 team and lost (Ohio State), and also lost another game to an unranked team (Houston)? Hocutt responded by completely changing the criteria, saying the Sooners have "a tremendous offense" and were on a seven game winning streak.... beating many of the same teams that the Mountaineers have already beaten.

:lol::scratch::nono: mmmmmmmmmmm oook...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCw owns wins over UW on the road... in dominating fashion I might add. They also beat Colorado which is ranked #10. That is two wins over teams ranked in the top 10.

WVU currently has zero wins over top 25 teams. ZERO!!

The committee is judging teams differently than ever before. It is all about quality wins.

IMO, OU getting a top 10 ranking and not WVU sticks out. OU has as many wins over ranked opponents as WVU. They also have two losses! Holcutt's explanation about a winning streak and impressive offense are hard to digest.

3 losses!.......just sayin'...why would you mis- rank a team that has no credible shot to make the college football playoff?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 losses!.......just sayin'...why would you mis- rank a team that has no credible shot to make the college football playoff?

Not sure I follow the question of mis-rank. While I understand the 3 loss question of yours, there are circumstances involved which may be factoring in the committee's rankings.

Each week the committee starts with new data. USC has not lost since the insertion of Darnold at QB.

I'm trying to figure all of this out too. As I look at their schedule... they have 3 losses... all to ranked teams... all before Darnold became starter.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow the question of mis-rank. While I understand the 3 loss question of yours, there are circumstances involved which may be factoring in the committee's rankings.

Each week the committee starts with new data. USC has not lost since the insertion of Darnold at QB.

I'm trying to figure all of this out too. As I look at their schedule... they have 3 losses... all to ranked teams... all before Darnold became starter.

They have no shot at the playoffs with 3 losses...with a weak UCLA and horrific Notre Dame team in left on their schedule..they have no significant road win other than Washington..so if SOS plays into it these days...Wv gets much tougher while they walk thru the rest of their schedule...sure if Wv wins out the numbers game changes..but still its inexcusable to have a 3 loss team ahead of another power 5 conference one loss team...I mean is Colorado really that good? Talk about a team that has played no one...and if conference rankings mean anything Washington State is unbeaten in conference play...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no shot at the playoffs with 3 losses...with a weak UCLA and horrific Notre Dame team in left on their schedule..they have no significant road win other than Washington..so if SOS plays into it these days...Wv gets much tougher while they walk thru the rest of their schedule...sure if Wv wins out the numbers game changes..but still its inexcusable to have a 3 loss team ahead of another power 5 conference one loss team...I mean is Colorado really that good? Talk about a team that has played no one...and if conference rankings mean anything Washington State is unbeaten in conference play...

I agree USC has no chance at the playoffs. Since the inception of this, I think that is why they make such a big deal of the top 6. At this time, the top 6 are valued as having a chance for the playoffs. Each week's rankings are an assessment of where teams are this week only. Not a projection of the future.

Any team ranked from #15-25 has no realistic shot at the playoffs. Yet, the committee formulates a top 25. I have no reason why they do so other than to appear mainstream with the polls college football fans have become used to.

After watching USC dominate UW, I have no problem with their ranking. They be playing real good.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree USC has no chance at the playoffs. Since the inception of this, I think that is why they make such a big deal of the top 6. At this time, the top 6 are valued as having a chance for the playoffs. Each week's rankings are an assessment of where teams are this week only. Not a projection of the future.

Any team ranked from #15-25 has no realistic shot at the playoffs. Yet, the committee formulates a top 25. I have no reason why they do so other than to appear mainstream with the polls college football fans have become used to.

After watching USC dominate UW, I have no problem with their ranking. They be playing real good.

I don't know..I don't see that win meaning anymore than PITT beating Clemson..and how is it that clemson only drops a couple of spots with a loss to THAT team..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know..I don't see that win meaning anymore than PITT beating Clemson..and how is it that clemson only drops a couple of spots with a loss to THAT team..

Clemson owns wins over UofL and Troy at home, AU and FSU on the road.

The committee doesn't care as much about losses. Who would you drop Clemson behind? They beat UofL which has one top 25 win (FSU)... UW has but 2 top 25 wins (Stanford and Utah).

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson owns wins over UofL and Troy at home, AU and FSU on the road.

The committee doesn't care as much about losses. Who would you drop Clemson behind? They beat UofL which has one top 25 win (FSU)... UW has but 2 top 25 wins (Stanford and Utah).

I hear you....I guess in the grand scheme they are a shade better than WV's schedule.not many of them have significant road wins to get behind..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i would say that the health of the program became a bit more healthier this season.