• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant fighting the entire Dallas sideline

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan that has watched CJ for his entire career I can say Dez is as athletic and has the same ability! The biggest difference is the mental side of the game. What is best for the team and sacrificing his own stats.

CJ has been an absolute professional his entire career and never caused a black eye to the organization. At some point in time Jerry Jones will have to ask is the performance worth the off field bullshit? Maybe at some time a quality veteran should be added as a mentor for the guy. All the security guards and chaperones are great but a role model might be better!

As a Cowboy fan that has watched both of them their entire careers I can say no way do they have the same ability. Dez does have amazing ability and is right there with AJ Green and Marshall (and a notch below Julio IMO), but he is nowhere near Calvin. He has yet to prove he can beat double teams consistently and Calvin is both bigger and faster.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's valid to compare both Calvin and Dez based on the eye test, but that's where it stops. Calvin is far superior in terms of character. Dez's character is what holds him back. It's why he doesn't beat double teams, it's why he doesn't run good routes, it's why he doesn't alway try etc, it's why he blows up on the sidelines. It's also why Dallas needs to part ways with him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a diva with a short fuse. It's pretty much comes with the position.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this was about was Dez Bryant saying he can do what Megatron could do, then whining that Romo doesnt get him the ball as much as stafford gets it to megatron.

Remember, megatron got an 8 year 150.5 million dollar contract. Apparently, Bryant wants that money and thinks he deserves it if someone would throw him the ball more.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin was well covered even triple covered on half the passes Matt threw to him. The difference is regardless of the coverage he's trusted to make that play.....So to me it's not about Dez beating double coverage is about Romo leading him and trusting him to make the great catch or out leap the blanket of db's draped on him. Dez is doing all he can do Romo needs to trust him. I still believe Dez is a top 5 wr the only 2 guys who are clearly better to me are Megatron and Green. The rest or debatable.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this was about was Dez Bryant saying he can do what Megatron could do, then whining that Romo doesnt get him the ball as much as stafford gets it to megatron.

Remember, megatron got an 8 year 150.5 million dollar contract. Apparently, Bryant wants that money and thinks he deserves it if someone would throw him the ball more.

I was with you until you brought up the contract thing. Yesterday's outburst had nothing to do with his contract status. I believe it has everything to do with wanting to be seen as being able to be on the same playing field with Johnson. He felt because he wasn't being targeted Romo took away from his chance to shine and impact the game....which was actually true.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan that has watched CJ for his entire career I can say Dez is as athletic and has the same ability! The biggest difference is the mental side of the game. What is best for the team and sacrificing his own stats.

CJ has been an absolute professional his entire career and never caused a black eye to the organization. At some point in time Jerry Jones will have to ask is the performance worth the off field bullshit? Maybe at some time a quality veteran should be added as a mentor for the guy. All the security guards and chaperones are great but a role model might be better!
:agree: He will never be as good, but if Johnson is Rice.....being Carter, Moss, are T.O. aint bad. He's probably more T.O than any of them, just with better hands.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: He will never be as good, but if Johnson is Rice.....being Carter, Moss, are T.O. aint bad. He's probably more T.O than any of them, just with better hands.

Ouch. You do realize the three head cases you mentioned combined to win zero championship. While Rice the constant pro won four. Something to be said for having a high character player.:suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rothlisberger is a true scumbag and has 2 Lawerence Taylor is also scumb and they both have rings. Character is important but is not a must. Barry Sanders is the classiest guy I can remember he has none
so I don't get your point.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Will-Be-Cowboys-Dynasty/dp/0061256811]Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty: Jeff Pearlman: 9780061256813: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Character guys are overrated. It's about talent and being competitors. This link is a book about the 90s Cowboys dynasty and how it was basically a collection of the worst human beings on the planet.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rothlisberger is a true scumbag and has 2 Lawerence Taylor is also scumb and they both have rings. Character is important but is not a must. Barry Sanders is the classiest guy I can remember he has none
so I don't get your point.

Point is pretty clear we are talking about WRs not QB, RB, LB, ETC.......Not sure how often those other position blow up but it nowhere as often as the WR. WRs will divide teams like no other position. So why keep those players around especially when the one that do it don't seem to put their teams into championships. It would be different I guess if all that me first crap was putting trophies in the case but it just doesn't.
:suds:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin was well covered even triple covered on half the passes Matt threw to him. The difference is regardless of the coverage he's trusted to make that play.....So to me it's not about Dez beating double coverage is about Romo leading him and trusting him to make the great catch or out leap the blanket of db's draped on him. Dez is doing all he can do Romo needs to trust him. I still believe Dez is a top 5 wr the only 2 guys who are clearly better to me are Megatron and Green. The rest or debatable.

He did that on the Hail Mary vs Philly and it cost him an INT.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is pretty clear we are talking about WRs not QB, RB, LB, ETC.......Not sure how often those other position blow up but it nowhere as often as the WR. WRs will divide teams like no other position. So why keep those players around especially when the one that do it don't seem to put their teams into championships. It would be different I guess if all that me first crap was putting trophies in the case but it just doesn't.
:suds:

So now character only matters if your a wide out?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now character only matters if your a wide out?

Don't bother...he changes his story every time he's proven wrong, which is pretty much every time he posts something...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A HELL Mary? I'm not standing next to you in a lightning storm after that comment!!!

LOL, I'd advise you yo stay away from me too. My M.I. is G. I often say it stands for Go_. Never mind, I'm too scared to put it in print.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone should ask Jerry Jones about his performance and decision making the past 16 years. Continues to pull the wrong strings.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should ask Jerry Jones about his performance and decision making the past 16 years. Continues to pull the wrong strings.

Jerry asks that question every single day and the Man in the Mirror tells him "You are the Man Jerry, you are the Man!!!" or maybe this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY]Stuart Smalley's famous quote - YouTube[/ame]