• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate IV......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise, surprise, surprise...............................

The United States 2nd District Appeals Court announced yesterday that they will accept the Amicus Briefs submitted by the AFL-CIO, NFLPA, Tom Brady, The College Consortium of Science (13 Professors) as evidence.
It now appears that the 13 judges will read the Amicus Briefs and then decide whether or not to re-hear the case of the NFLPA vs NFL. Odds just went from 1% to 50-50.

By accepting the briefs the court believes that there may more evidence than the NFL or the NFLPA has previously submitted. Since all of the briefs have been submitted on behalf of the NFLPA, this is a positive for Tom Brady having his suspension stayed. Once all of the judges have read the briefs, they will have to individually write their decision. Me thinks the science of the Ideal Gas Law will convince them that this whole thing was nothing more than an empty car being pushed off a cliff.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise, surprise, surprise...............................

The United States 2nd District Appeals Court announced yesterday that they will accept the Amicus Briefs submitted by the AFL-CIO, NFLPA, Tom Brady, The College Consortium of Science (13 Professors) as evidence.
It now appears that the 13 judges will read the Amicus Briefs and then decide whether or not to re-hear the case of the NFLPA vs NFL. Odds just went from 1% to 50-50.

By accepting the briefs the court believes that there may more evidence than the NFL or the NFLPA has previously submitted. Since all of the briefs have been submitted on behalf of the NFLPA, this is a positive for Tom Brady having his suspension stayed. Once all of the judges have read the briefs, they will have to individually write their decision. Me thinks the science of the Ideal Gas Law will convince them that this whole thing was nothing more than an empty car being pushed off a cliff.

Double Fist Pumps!!

Happy Dance, oh Happy Dance.

It ain't over yet... but...FUKOFF ROGER!!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news in deed. But the way this thing has been going I'm curbing my excitement pending their finding.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to post this here instead of making a new thread...You see where the NFL now requires teams to put numbers on jerseys??

"According to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy, it was instituted to “ensure clubs are in compliance with workplace rules” (e.g. injured players shouldn’t be participating) as it “will permit the league office and NFLPA to monitor player participation during on-field sessions.” ........"The NFL’s new rule comes one year after the league instituted a change with declaring eligible receivers ineligible, a tactic that helped the Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs.".......Mike Reiss article

Funny how BB does not have names on jerseys for camp....funny how this rule changes now....funny how the league can't stop their raging boner for the Patriots....funny how the Ravens are bunch of little twats....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I were the Patriots, I have every practice jersey have 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 on it and have the players one or two numbers just a slight bit larger than the others. Only 0, 00, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99 would in true order. Then watch the NFL look like they just swallowed poison when they come out with a corrected directive.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted June 11, 2016 at 7:00 am
By: Ian Logue

Raise your hand if the mere mention of the words Commissioner or the name Roger Goodell makes your eye twitch.

I consider myself to be a pretty reasonable and patient human being, but scrolling through news headlines that contain photos or the mention of Goodell and accompanying quotes has pushed me to the point where I just get irritated. I turned 40 this past year, and I think maybe I’m approaching the point where my wife may need to be concerned about the type of 50 or 60 year old I’m going to be at this rate. She dislikes this mess as much as I do but laughs about how annoyed I get each time it happens to come up.

I’m probably not alone from that standpoint. 500 days of logic-defying rhetoric and reasoning is enough to make anyone snap and I’m well past the point of no return at this point.

The thing that’s bizarre about this whole situation is there’s got to be something we’re not seeing. There’s got to be some sort of deep-seated dislike for Tom Brady that has caused Goodell to have effectively eliminated any benefit of the doubt for a player who has shattered records and established himself as one of if not the best to ever play the position, while also having never done anything off the field to embarrass himself, or the league he plays for.

Part of me wonders if there’s something Goodell knows that he’s not letting on, or some incredible piece of dirt he has on New England’s future Hall of Fame quarterback that backs up the stance he’s taken to this point. After all, he’s been so Hell-bent on nailing Brady since this whole thing started that he’s pulled no punches as it pertained to public perception. The leak of the “destroyed cell phone” will go down as one of the dirtiest media moments from a guy and a league that is supposed to set the standard for “integrity”.

That move took the focus off of the facts as the public court of opinion began turning on the league, and immediately changed the entire game as it pertained to how the casual follower of this mess felt about Brady. The world latched on to that moment and if you’ve talked to any non-Patriots fan about it, everyone’s mind is already made up that Brady somehow deliberately did something dubious.

The Commissioner clearly seems to believes that, sticking by the original Wells Report. However, despite all the texts that are frequently cited, the thing that’s frustrating is no where within the Wells report is there proof that Brady ever wanted any rules broken or the footballs inflated below the legal limit. In fact, there was evidence to the contrary and this portion of the report proves that point pretty well.

“According to Brady, at some point after the Jets game,” wrote Wells in the report, referring to when the footballs were inflated to nearly 16psi, “and before the game against the Chicago Bears the following weekend, he asked to see a copy of the applicable Playing Rule, learned for the first time that the permissible inflation range was 12.5 to 13.5 psi, and was told that the Patriots typically inflated game balls slightly above 12.5 psi. Brady also stated that, at some point, he felt a football that was inflated to 12.5 psi, and decided that should be the target for all future games because he did “not ever want to get near the upper range again.”

“In addition, Brady stated that he suggested that the Patriots give the game officials a copy of Rule 2 when they delivered game balls prior to each game, so that the officials would know that it was not necessary to inflate them further. He claimed that doing so would help ensure that the officials did not alter the footballs he had approved. Jastremski stated that, starting with the October 26, 2014 game against the Bears, he set all game balls to 12.6 psi (leaving 0.1 psi as a cushion in case air escaped when the officials checked the balls prior to the game).”

That’s right out of the Wells report, and probably the biggest thing that gets lost as Ted Wells tried to take texts between two guys and establish some sort of context. What I came away with is that Brady may have been frustrated with the fact that they didn’t emphasize the point enough to the officials in terms of providing the rule book to the point of being obnoxious every week as it pertained to making sure the footballs were at the lower end of the legal limit. The only ones who can confirm that for sure are the guys involved, but there’s never been the sense that he wanted them deflated below that given all the reports that have been released on the matter.

Photo-Tom-Brady-gjHz9-600w.jpg
Here we are over 500 days later, and the NFL is still trying to suspend Brady.

The other thing that’s probably hurting Brady’s case is the fact that it’s pretty clear from the beginning he didn’t think this was a big deal and probably didn’t take it seriously, likely being surprised by something so silly to begin with. His reaction on Dennis & Callahan the morning after the game was evidence enough. From there, the bigger it’s gotten, the more animosity that probably grown between he and Goodell and it’s pretty clear by the comments from his dad that there’s no love lost between the two. But there’s obviously something that has Goodell focused to the point of obsessed where he’s willing to continue spending the league’s millions on taking him down.

“The reality is our rules apply to everybody,” Goodell told the Buffalo media on Monday during a charity golf tournament when asked about his ongoing battle with Brady. “They apply to every player, every team. And that’s something we are going to work hard to maintain and not hand that off to somebody else.”

That comment essentially tells you that he believes 100% Brady broke the rules. yet there’s not a shred of proof to back it up. In fact, there’s more reason to believe “it’s more probable than not” that the NFL found evidence to essentially support the ideal gas law this season when the league conducted their own tests and wouldn’t release the totals, instead saying “spot checks” were done and “there were no violations”.

But I digress. This whole thing is just enough to make your head hurt.

So here we are over 500 days later and Brady’s legal team pulled an end around largely thanks to the addition of Ted Olson, who quickly turned this from a battle between Brady and Goodell to a fight between a union and an employer and commissioner who is unfairly abusing his power and not holding up his end of the collective bargaining agreement. It’s the right approach, and it might be the one that gets Brady on the field to start 2016.

However, with so much at stake Goodell knows that all the power he holds so dear will be taken out of his hands and in the future put into those of more fair and neutral thinking people to dole out discipline based on facts and evidence. Two federal judges have already disagreed with what they’ve seen and heard, while two more felt the NFL’s stance held water. But if a re-hearing is granted, Goodell could find himself with the decision that could change everything thanks to the recent “friend of the court” briefs that were filed

“When it comes to the integrity of the game, that’s the responsibility of the commissioner,” Goodell said. “We’re not going to hand the integrity of the game off to somebody who doesn’t have any involvement in the game. That’s for somebody that understands what’s important in making sure we maintain that. Making sure we maintain the competitiveness of the game.

“The legal system is deliberate. It’s unfortunate, because it does impact on our game,” he said. “We don’t encourage that, obviously. We’d like to get this resolved and move forward.”

Unless of course he loses. Then he’ll be the one to make the legal next move to try and bring Brady down. And he’ll fight on, logic, reason and integrity be-damned.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am over it. I have learned there are a lot of people out there who are just fucking dumb and need to be told what to do or think. Those are the ones who think Brady did it. They have no clue. If there was something on TB, it would have come out by now. No way the NFL takes it this far if they have something on him. The would have dropped it on Tom and the Patriots before the appeal. Goodell and the NFL has no issues on hold anything back, as we have see.

This is no longer about footballs, its about Labor Laws now. The NFL has fucked up so bad.....that we can get ready for a long wait when this CBA is over. They should have stopped at the Patriots and fined TB. Now they have created a cluster fuck that they just can't drop. The NFL went off of Krafts words "we will accept the punishment handed down". The NFL thought that meant Brady too..well, it didn't. I would rather TB drop this and go after ESPN and the NFL for some type of slander or defamation or character. Kind of curious what Jimmy G can do and what the future of this team could look like.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the statement about "we're not going to hand over the integrity of the game..." does this infer regardless of the court finding Goodell will say I'm the commish and by the power of the CBA I have suspended TB. If he plays in one of those games the NE Patriots will forfiet the season?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the statement about "we're not going to hand over the integrity of the game..." does this infer regardless of the court finding Goodell will say I'm the commish and by the power of the CBA I have suspended TB. If he plays in one of those games the NE Patriots will forfiet the season?

I was wondering too.
Does he have another dirty trick up his sleeve?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering too.
Does he have another dirty trick up his sleeve?
If that's legal? I could see this as his plan. It's a win win for him. It cost the NFL some $ but he got what he and the owners wanted out of it, suspension, fine and picks. Kept the NFL in the news during the slow times...
I wonder how the fans woukd take that? Say the SC finds for the NFLPA assuming it goes all the way to the SC. Goddell pulls his mightier than thou card. Does he risk losing fan support?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the 2nd Appeals Court overturns the initial judgment of the 3 judges and agrees with the NFLPA, Goodell is legally stripped of all of his power. Two things happen........

Brady's suspension is again overturned and he is legally able to play all games.

Goodell will NOT have the authority to discipline anyone. The NFL will have to negotiate with the NFLPA how future problems will be handled. Most likely they'll settle on an independent arbitrator.

A third possibly could take place.......Goodell could go to the owners and ask them to pursue the case and try to take it to the Supreme Court. This could 5-7 years before it would be heard, if the court accepted the case. It would also cost hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't think the owners would want that kind of money spent on a case that they would most likely lose. That and by the time the court would hear it, a new CBA would be just over the horizon.......think 32 billionaires would be willing to chance having a stupid case to reinstate Roger Goodell's authority to punish go before the Supreme Court just as the CBA is about to be re-negotiated.

Brady will push it to the Supreme Court based purely on lack of evidence to punish.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted June 23, 2016 at 9:19 am

Locally here in New England, how things have played out over the last 500 plus days since the whole DeflateGate debacle began has most fans beyond infuriated at the mere mention of it.

It’s not often you hear a Hollywood Celebrity tell you how they really feel about the subject, but local actor Ben Affleck sounded off during his appearance on Bill Simmons’ new HBO Show ‘Any Given Wednesday’ and went on a tirade that most fans in New England likely agree with.

Here’s a look at what he had to say, but be aware, it’s a profanity-laced rant so it’s definitely NSFW:

- See more at: Ben Affleck Agrees on DeflateGate, Defends 'Classy' Brady - PatsFans.com

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted June 23, 2016 at 9:19 am
Locally here in New England, how things have played out over the last 500 plus days since the whole DeflateGate debacle began has most fans beyond infuriated at the mere mention of it.

It’s not often you hear a Hollywood Celebrity tell you how they really feel about the subject, but local actor Ben Affleck sounded off during his appearance on Bill Simmons’ new HBO Show ‘Any Given Wednesday’ and went on a tirade that most fans in New England likely agree with.

Here’s a look at what he had to say, but be aware, it’s a profanity-laced rant so it’s definitely NSFW:
- See more at: Ben Affleck Agrees on DeflateGate, Defends 'Classy' Brady - PatsFans.com

Listened to that this morning.

New England Style F-Bombs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been nearly a year since all of this crap has withered and died.

The only reason I'm in here this morning is because the entire mess was brought up on ESPN yesterday (I didn't see it) with a simple question...."Is Bill Belichick Still Considered to be a Cheater?" and was discussed on Boston Sports Tonight. What was interesting is how un-passionate and level headed the whole Deflategate/Spygate things were discussed.

Several interesting things were brought up. The accusations of having paid employees dig through every other NFL teams' trash. Of secretly filming every other NFL teams' practices. Of secretly filming the Rams' practice on the Friday before the Patriots' first Super Bowl win. The science of air expansion/contraction and the Ideal Gas Law. And finally, the destruction of Tom Brady's personal cell phone.

I don't have enough time in my life to discuss every segment that the four guys on BST talked about. But overall it was a great commentary. They all agreed that no matter what there are several things that will never change.

1. If you are not a New England patriots fan, you will always believe that the Patriots cheated somehow and still cheat to this day.

2. The NFL investigated every charge and accusation about trash and illegal filming. No evidence was ever found that the Patriots ever did either. The NFL has never exonerated them publicly and most likely will never do so.

3. No evidence was ever found that the Patriots secretly filmed the Rams before the Super Bowl. This was never announced publicly, most likely never will.

4. The NFL has never recognized the Ideal Gas Law either privately or publicly. If they do, they would actually be admitting that the charges of Deflategate were totally false and it was nothing more than a witch hunt.

5. The NFL has never admitted that Ted Wells outright told Tom Brady that his cell phone was not needed because they had all of the texts and emails that Brady had sent and had been sent by Jamanski and McNally.
That, and one of the 2nd Circuit Court Appeals judges, wrote that asking Brady to submit his personal cell phone without a warrant would have been illegal under Miranda and that the phone review would have had to be court supervised to protect any other private correspondence/photos, etc. on the phone not directly connected to the investigation.

6. To this day, no formal charge of anything has ever been brought against Tom Brady. His four game suspension was purely Roger Goodell punishing Tom Brady and the Patriots at the behest of a group of jealous owners. Only in Professional sports can a Commissioner punish any player he sees fit without a formal charge or crime.

I just thought that with a year passing, the Patriots shoving a Lombardi Trophy up the NFL's ass, and Tom Brady winning a fourth MVP, that anyone would bring a story that everyone had considered over.

Could it be that the sports media knowing that the Patriots are the favorites to repeat a 6th Super Bowl are trying to pick a scab and get the wound bleeding again??

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am struck by the similarities between all the charges (many unproven) leveled against the Patriots and the Russian connection charges leveled against Donald Trump. Both the Patriots and DT are targets that are easy to hate. Continued success usually engenders this. As a Red Sox fan, I had a lot of those feelings for the Yankees when they were winning pennants year after year. One item I have never heard pursued with Deflategate is the timing of deflating all those footballs in a mens' restroom in 90 seconds. It would be natural in investigating Deflategate to try to recreate the deflation to see if it could be accomplished in 90 seconds. Back before the Wells Report was released, I remember an unconfirmed rumor that a recreation was attempted and the best time attained was slightly over 2 minutes. As a result, this recreation was, supposedly, suppressed. Deflategate is in the rear view mirror now and should remain there. I hope, for the sake of our country, that the Russian connection investigation will be completed and, whatever the outcome, it too will be placed in the rear view mirror where it belongs.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the Patriots are still cheating?

I agree