• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate IV......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting to say the least. This could go either way but I'm liking all the support for the NFLPA and TB.

If the NFL loses this combined with all the other issues do the owners finally give Goodell his walking papers?

A little off topic but I'm still bothered about only 4 Colts balls being checked and found under pressure as well as what did the NFL learn this year from their sampling of game balls.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting to say the least. This could go either way but I'm liking all the support for the NFLPA and TB.

If the NFL loses this combined with all the other issues do the owners finally give Goodell his walking papers?

A little off topic but I'm still bothered about only 4 Colts balls being checked and found under pressure as well as what did the NFL learn this year from their sampling of game balls.

This is the biggest hole in the Brady/Pats cheated bullshit. A fat old guy can deflate 12 balls in 90 seconds. But the NFL/Refs can't check 8 more of the Colts balls. Especially since 3 of the 4 were found to be deflated. Yet this gets ignored like a motherfucker.

Skip Bayless believes Brady is innocent but he never brings up the Colts balls or all the false information leaked. Maybe because he works for ESPN....For now. It will be interesting to see what Skip says when he moves to FS1 after the NBA Finals.

#ColtsgateContinues

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was never about deflated balls, this was about getting NE. This was the NFLs plan, to bad it backfired. The NFL thinks it's fan base are morons, unfortunately there are some morons...and it seems the majority of them post here on the NFL board..The Ravens told the Colts, the Colts told the league, the league set a sting operation. They tested NE balls and was like "we got them". They then tested the Colts balls and were like "fuck, these deflated too....stop testing, we got to go", even though there were PLENTY of league officials that could have finished testing the Colts balls. Colts cheated by having an PSI gauge on their sidelines, and they used it....that is illegal. Yet no punishment for that. So it makes me think the NFL told the Colts to test the ball if they got their hands on one. Yet the headsets go out in Game 1 this yr, and the league investigates.......do I need to go on. If you want all this shit to come out, you gotta sue. I still hope Brady goes after them for something (defamation, slander, whatever they call it) once this is over.

Hate Brady, BB, Kraft, Patriots all you want. The haters know they got screwed and were framed, but they still talk about it....how do you know an idiot football fan?? When they claim NE cheated by the "tuck rule"

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong, did Wells tell TB he didn't need his phone, and did Wells say in his report that Brady was cooperative?? I am confused again.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong, did Wells tell TB he didn't need his phone, and did Wells say in his report that Brady was cooperative?? I am confused again.

You sir, are 100% correct. The funny part of this is that Tom Brady actually asked Ted Wells if he wanted to check out his phone and Wells told him it was not necessary and that he didn't need to see it. He told Brady that he had McNally and Jeztremski's phones. He also stated that Brady was cooperative in both of his interviews.

You're not confused, Goodell is.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off topic but I'm still bothered about only 4 Colts balls being checked and found under pressure as well as the colts having a needle on the sideline and what did the NFL learn this year from their sampling of game balls.

Still bothers me too.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still bothers me too.

The fact that the Colts had four ball below the league permissible level, is not the same as the Patriots NOT having 11 of 12 balls below the league permissible level. Don't you understand? If the Patriots can APPEAR to be doing something wrong, then they are doing something wrong. If another team appears to be doing something wrong or doing the same thing as the Patriots, then it's ok. For them.......Now I'm confused.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Colts had four ball below the league permissible level, is not the same as the Patriots NOT having 11 of 12 balls below the league permissible level. Don't you understand? If the Patriots can APPEAR to be doing something wrong, then they are doing something wrong. If another team appears to be doing something wrong or doing the same thing as the Patriots, then it's ok. For them.......Now I'm confused.

So...Let me get this straight...

If a team gets caught doing something wrong, like doctoring footballs (Vikings?), and receive an appropriate punishment then the Patriots get framed...I mean caught...doctoring footballs, then they deserve an exponentially harsher punishment because they should have learned from the other teams transgressions.

But if the Patriots get framed...damn it, I mean caught, with underinflated footballs, any other team caught afterwards is cleared of any appearance of wrong doing because the Patriots did it first...?

Have I got this straight?

And this is because fully Bill admitted to filming games in the open in front of everybody but from the wrong location 9 years ago?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...Let me get ts caught doing something wrong, like doctoring footballs (Vikings?), and receive an appropriate punishment then the Patriots get framed...I mean caught...doctoring footballs, then they deserve an exponentially harsher punishment because they should have learned from the other teams transgressions.

But if the Patriots get framed...damn it, I mean caught, with underinflated footballs, any other team caught afterwards is cleared of any appearance of wrong doing because the Patriots did it first...?

Have I got this straight?

And this is because fully Bill admitted to filming games in the open in front of everybody but from the wrong location 9 years ago?
Yep, looks like you got it:thumb:

I'm thinking this group backing Brady and the NFLPA will get this over turned. Not sure how they can let a $25k fine get to this?

I realize Goodell changed tactics once he couldn't prove Brady did anything wrong. So he went with this I'm the Czar and Brady's action is detrimental to the league. Then take things like spygate and add that to the reasoning for such a harsh punishment. Two totally different infractions. Yet give the framers, I mean Rat birds a slap on the wrist for two like infranctions?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir, are 100% correct. The funny part of this is that Tom Brady actually asked Ted Wells if he wanted to check out his phone and Wells told him it was not necessary and that he didn't need to see it. He told Brady that he had McNally and Jeztremski's phones. He also stated that Brady was cooperative in both of his interviews.

You're not confused, Goodell is.

Page 21 of the Wells report.

Similarly, although Tom Brady appeared for a requested interview and answered questions voluntarily, he declined to make available any documents or electronic information (including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic devices. Our inability to review contemporaneous communications and other documents in Brady‟s possession and control related to the matters under review potentially limited the discovery of relevant evidence and was not helpful to the investigation

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Brady was suspended for:

1-Deflating footballs
TO
2-Generally aware that someone was deflating footballs.
TO
3-Integrity of the game
TO
4-Unfair competative advantage
TO
5-Compared it to PED use
TO
6-Cell Phone was destroyed
TO
7-Cause I can

Did I miss anything...also remember after the NFL tested 4 Colts balls, they ran out of time to test the rest. Also remember that they tested the Colts balls after the Patriots balls, those balls actually warmed up, yet were still below the league min.....hummmm

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will this stupid deflategate shit be over. Don't the officials place the ball on the field before every play? If they do how did they not know the footballs were low on air. The NFL is F*&%ing stupid. Please make this go away. Patriots should not have lost a pick and Brady should not have to take this to the Supreme Court. This was not even the biggest offense of that year's playoff: See Cowboys pass interference on the Lions.

NFL get your priorities straight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will this stupid deflategate shit be over. Don't the officials place the ball on the field before every play? If they do how did they not know the footballs were low on air. The NFL is F*&%ing stupid. Please make this go away. Patriots should not have lost a pick and Brady should not have to take this to the Supreme Court. This was not even the biggest offense of that year's playoff: See Cowboys pass interference on the Lions.

NFL get your priorities straight.

This will never end. If the 2nd Appeals court agrees to review the case, it will be at least a year before the results are released to the public. If they agree with the NFL, the case will certainly be presented to the US Supreme Court. It could take 1-3 years before the case even gets a review to be heard. If the NFLPA wins the case, if it's heard, the NFL will most likely drop it.

Regardless if this is the worse offense ever or not, this was an attempt by Jerry Jones, Steve Biscotti and several other owners to kick Robert Kraft in the nuts. Problem is that their main man Roger Goodell is not well versed in handling difficult situations and neither are his subordinates. When you set up a "sting" operation, you have to be sure that the guy you're trying to catch is actually "doing" something wrong. You catch him in the act and the sting is successful. You don't have the people operating the sting trying to get the illegal football into the game because he's stealing the game balls to sell on the black market. You don't tell the other team that your going to attempt to catch a team during the game so that their equipment manager carries a pressure gauge and when he's handed a game ball he continually sticks the gauge into the ball until it's lost enough air to appear 'soft' or 'deflated'. And if you're going to have him stick a gauge into a ball several times, you make sure that he takes enough air out so that ball doesn't return to a 'legal' pressure once it has been in a warm environment for several hours.

When all has been said and done, regardless of the outcome, one thing you can be sure of is that the NFLPA will walk when the next CBA comes due. I expect the players to walk out for at least one complete season unless Goodell makes at least an attempt to clean up this mess. RG hates the Patriots and Belichick so badly, that he's lost all common sense. There are guys in here who think that the NFLPA will not do anything to interrupt the flow of cash to payers. I was a union rep a long time ago and one thing I know is that unions don't like to even think that they're being screwed, let alone publicly trying to be humiliated. The NFL owners are going to pay for this now or later, but they will pay and they will pay dearly.

This whole fiasco could have been handled easily in the very beginning. The NFL lost control the minute that some asshole called ESPN and told them that 11 of 12 balls were 2 lbs under the league minimum. ESPN was the NFL's main source of mis-information and lies. It's only taken them 16 months to figure out that they were the fall guys. To the point, the NFL could have just warned the Patriots before the AFCCG and had a crew of people there to test the balls before they left the officials locker room and they could have tested them on the field during the game. They could have had the balls handled by only an NFL security team.

The only problem was that Brady played even better with fully inflated balls in the second half. The final score might have been 77-6 instead of 44-5.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much more to this than people remember. There is so much stuff that other teams did, but only NE is being punished. Perfect example: Colts ball boy with gauge. It clearly states that it is illegal to even have one on the sidelines, never mind use one. So why were they not punished? Did the NFL let them use to test the balls so they can call up to the office? Why was NE not notified of the emails sent? We could go on for ever and ever...PSI was not an issue in the NFL until it was the Patriots and PSI, now it was an issue.

Patriots were cleared, yet got punished for Spygate...that is just mind blowing....LOL. I admit BB was guilty of Spygate and we got caught. I still stand by that all teams were doing it the years before, NE just ignored the memo. Why else would you send out a memo to 32 teams reminding them where they can film from? It has been proven that RG will just go after said team for any violations,and publicly call them out. There are so many instances where ex coaches admitted to taping hand signals. Other teams were busted for filming hand signals, but they were simply asked to leave the area. Mangina and Yets had it out for NE, that is why they called security. This was RG 1st yr as Commish and he had to make a statement, and he did. I also believe the Yets were busted for filming in the wrong spot, but were just asked to leave. Why did RG destroy the tapes? Maybe because BB gave him tapes from other NFL teams who were doing the same thing?? Everyone seems to forget that the Rams were busted taping the Patriots practice during SB week which is why BB changed practice venues..look it up NE filed a complaint about this...

I agree with Ken, then NFL will be shut down for a long, long time once this current CBA is done....Players may hate Brady and be glad he is suspended, but at least they are smart enough to know he didn't do anything and RG is just railroading him, and anyone of them can be next.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that seems to have happened with this whole fiasco is the suppression of evidence by the NFL. First, did anyone prove that Jastremski, or anyone else, had enough time in the restroom (90 seconds) to deflate a dozen footballs? I heard rumors somewhere that Exponent tried to duplicate this event within the time limit and couldn't do it in any less than 2 minutes. As a result, this evidence was suppressed. Second, the NFL checked PSI readings last season and then failed to make the readings public, saying these were only "spot checks" to verify uniformity. I can't help but think that, if these readings proved that the Pats cheated, they would have been made public by the NFL.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he did it in 90 seconds...I mean he went into the bathroom, pulled 12 balls out (14 including his own, ha!) measured them, deflated them, placed them back in a bag? Not one ball rolled away? Did he just reach into the bag, pull a ball out, then put it back into the bag? I mean seriously....It amazes me that people actually think TB told him to go into the bathroom on his way out an deflate the balls. They are not going to deflate them pass what TB wanted, so he would have to check each and every ball to make sure they were where TB wanted them to be....Not to mention, he played better when they were at the right PSI. NFL is a joke.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that seems to have happened with this whole fiasco is the suppression of evidence by the NFL. First, did anyone prove that Jastremski, or anyone else, had enough time in the restroom (90 seconds) to deflate a dozen footballs? I heard rumors somewhere that Exponent tried to duplicate this event within the time limit and couldn't do it in any less than 2 minutes. As a result, this evidence was suppressed. Second, the NFL checked PSI readings last season and then failed to make the readings public, saying these were only "spot checks" to verify uniformity. I can't help but think that, if these readings proved that the Pats cheated, they would have been made public by the NFL.

There is no way he did it in 90 seconds...I mean he went into the bathroom, pulled 12 balls out (14 including his own, ha!) measured them, deflated them, placed them back in a bag? Not one ball rolled away? Did he just reach into the bag, pull a ball out, then put it back into the bag? I mean seriously....It amazes me that people actually think TB told him to go into the bathroom on his way out an deflate the balls. They are not going to deflate them pass what TB wanted, so he would have to check each and every ball to make sure they were where TB wanted them to be....Not to mention, he played better when they were at the right PSI. NFL is a joke.

Halftime of the AFCCG is 13.5 minutes. All they got measured were 12 Pats balls and 4 Colts balls...16 total. Supposedly, they ran out of time. But one old, over weight man in a bathroom not only deflated 12 balls to Brady's liking but give him 13.5 minutes and could of deflated over 100 balls. Lets call Guinness!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, we can't protect our twitter account from getting hacked, but don't worry we will make sure nothing leaks from your cell phone....now hand it over!