• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deflategate IV......

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am under informed.
What were the comments?

* Count Hall of Fame Dolphins quarterback Bob Griese as among those who are mystified about all the fuss over the inflation level of NFL footballs, as it relates to the guys who throw them for a living. I spoke with Griese last month for a retrospective I did on the 1967 draft, and at one point in the interview he came out staunchly in favor of letting quarterbacks manipulate the air pressure in balls to their liking. Are you listening, Roger Goodell and Tom Brady?

“You know all this business about Deflategate and all that other stuff, what’s wrong with taking a little bit of air out of the ball and still making it legal?’’ Griese said. “It’s a passing league any way. You want quarterbacks to be able to throw the ball in December when it gets colder and the ball gets slick, which it does, or in the rain when it gets slippery.

“Why not take a little air out of the ball? Lower the amount of air you can have in the ball, and if some quarterbacks like it harder, then you can pump it up a little. Change the degrees of error a little bit. It’s just a comfort level thing. The balls back when I played were a lot different than they are today, and I had small hands, so it was really a problem for me at times.’’

Snap Judgments: OTA time of the year in the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am struck by the similarities between all the charges (many unproven) leveled against the Patriots and the Russian connection charges leveled against Donald Trump. Both the Patriots and DT are targets that are easy to hate. Continued success usually engenders this. As a Red Sox fan, I had a lot of those feelings for the Yankees when they were winning pennants year after year. One item I have never heard pursued with Deflategate is the timing of deflating all those footballs in a mens' restroom in 90 seconds. It would be natural in investigating Deflategate to try to recreate the deflation to see if it could be accomplished in 90 seconds. Back before the Wells Report was released, I remember an unconfirmed rumor that a recreation was attempted and the best time attained was slightly over 2 minutes. As a result, this recreation was, supposedly, suppressed. Deflategate is in the rear view mirror now and should remain there. I hope, for the sake of our country, that the Russian connection investigation will be completed and, whatever the outcome, it too will be placed in the rear view mirror where it belongs.

MIT re-created the deflation of footballs under perfect conditions three times. They manually deflated 24 footballs
3 seconds each from a similar bag that supposedly held the balls and the best they could do was 14 seconds per ball. That's 336 seconds or 5.6 minutes. They laid out 24 balls on a table and deflated each 3 seconds and the best they could do was 8 seconds or 192 seconds. 3.2 Minutes. MIT declared the deflation "Humanly Impossible". McNally must be superhuman.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIT re-created the deflation of footballs under perfect conditions three times. They manually deflated 24 footballs
3 seconds each from a similar bag that supposedly held the balls and the best they could do was 14 seconds per ball. That's 336 seconds or 5.6 minutes. They laid out 24 balls on a table and deflated each 3 seconds and the best they could do was 8 seconds or 192 seconds. 3.2 Minutes. MIT declared the deflation "Humanly Impossible". McNally must be superhuman.

Don't you know he had two dozen ninjas in the bathroom ready to deflate the footballs so that it could get done so quickly?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck deflategate....NE won the SB. Biggest "fuck you" ever handed out by a professional sports organisation/player to the biggest hatters who are out to get them.