• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions on TE

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph has 20 targets from inside the 10 yard line in the last two years.

Travis Kelce has 17 in his career.

People high on Kelce are cornered to expect 100 yard games more than TDs.

Either or. Kelce has upside.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see round 1........starting RB
round 2........potential starting RB stud such as Fournette, Lynch, Gurley
round 3........good receiver on good team, potential for Cooks to fall here, also there is Pryor, Hopkins(not exactly on good offensive team), Baldwin(same with Hopkins)
It's possible to get Cooks, Thomas(who I am not targeting), or Green in round 2 and still have a shot at one of those round 2 backs or someone like Joe Mixon, whose ADP will move up but it will move someone's down, or Crowell.
round 4.......TE, they should all except Gronk and maybe Kelce in some cases be available here. And besides there is bigger bust rate for receivers here and you're getting low end starting RBs like CJ whose PT is being threatened by JC and Hyde. Ntm Lamar Miller has no upside so he's undraftable to me.

Preseason will change some ADPs. However, it will be interesting to see who falls. QBs will start going round 2 and that will allow me to get a shot at round 2 value in the third.
i guess, but i dont see the gys your saying having the big seasons you do

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph didn't have five bad games, he had more, but Rudolph also has no upside. He's never gonna have a three TD explosion with Diggs and Theilin, and now two better RBs, on that team with a average QB. In fact there's not a game on Rudolph's schedule last year where he even had two TDs. You need players to have consistency with the chance to explode because there are gonna be those weeks you need to be over the top. fantasy matchups are mostly won with consistency but there will be those games where someone needs to go off to carry you to a win. Bell's 3 TDs at Buffalo for instance, the more of those players you have, the more your chances of striking. You need threats to win. What do you want me to do? Waste my 4th round pick on Jarvis Landry so he can have another 5 TD season and four games of DDs? Sammy Watkins when he'll be dropped in my league first chance he misses multiple games? He's better as a added bonus. You all talk about not drafting a QB until 7th round or later so TE is the only real option here.

As i said before, I have a plan to draft two or three TEs; but I do not want to start the season going .500 because my receivers I drafted early are not panning out. Therefore draft something that will produce in that round.

I think I made a mistake even bringing this up. So I'm just not going to look to this board for any more help before the drafts.

dont leave bud, we have a league with you in it, and you bring totally outside opinions. We all mess with eachother, and i myself get pissed about it at times, but its in good fun, keep coming and keep posting

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph didn't have five bad games, he had more, but Rudolph also has no upside. He's never gonna have a three TD explosion with Diggs and Theilin, and now two better RBs, on that team with a average QB. In fact there's not a game on Rudolph's schedule last year where he even had two TDs. You need players to have consistency with the chance to explode because there are gonna be those weeks you need to be over the top. fantasy matchups are mostly won with consistency but there will be those games where someone needs to go off to carry you to a win. Bell's 3 TDs at Buffalo for instance, the more of those players you have, the more your chances of striking. You need threats to win. What do you want me to do? Waste my 4th round pick on Jarvis Landry so he can have another 5 TD season and four games of DDs? Sammy Watkins when he'll be dropped in my league first chance he misses multiple games? He's better as a added bonus. You all talk about not drafting a QB until 7th round or later so TE is the only real option here.

As i said before, I have a plan to draft two or three TEs; but I do not want to start the season going .500 because my receivers I drafted early are not panning out. Therefore draft something that will produce in that round.

I think I made a mistake even bringing this up. So I'm just not going to look to this board for any more help before the drafts.

Geez whiz. If your idea of asking for help is this (stating your ideas and completely disregarding every response you get), then I'd hate to see you giving advice.

Lighten up man. You make outrageous statements with specific past moment stats, as if they are absolutes, then ignore rebuttals or advice of which you claim to be asking.

I drafted a TE in Round 4 this year. We are not telling you to do, or not do anything EXCEPT let the draft come to you.

Then in the middle of your rant, you mention Lev Bell as being the kind of player you want to have all over your roster. LMFAO!

If you want to claim that Kelce's upside is so much greater than Rudolph's, that's fine, as long as you understand that is your opinion... but you cannot disregard that Rudolph has 20 targets in two years compared to Kelce's 17 in four, inside the 10 yard line. Numbers don't lie. There are NO players at any position that will have 16 good-great games....NONE.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess, but i dont see the gys your saying having the big seasons you do

No you think Eli is gonna be a 30 ppg QB, JC is not going to get no decent amount of carries whatsoever if he can still run, Quincy Enuwa is gonna be a number one receiver(over Robby Anderson I might add, who played better). Oh, yeah, Woods is gonna be a fantasy contributor? Yeah lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Someone didn't score in week 13 last year, so I'm not drafting because that means he can't score in week 13."

I mean, I really don't know how to respond to that.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez whiz. If your idea of asking for help is this (stating your ideas and completely disregarding every response you get), then I'd hate to see you giving advice.

Lighten up man. You make outrageous statements with specific past moment stats, as if they are absolutes, then ignore rebuttals or advice of which you claim to be asking.

I drafted a TE in Round 4 this year. We are not telling you to do, or not do anything EXCEPT let the draft come to you.

Then in the middle of your rant, you mention Lev Bell as being the kind of player you want to have all over your roster. LMFAO!

If you want to claim that Kelce's upside is so much greater than Rudolph's, that's fine, as long as you understand that is your opinion... but you cannot disregard that Rudolph has 20 targets in two years compared to Kelce's 17 in four, inside the 10 yard line. Numbers don't lie. There are NO players at any position that will have 16 good-great games....NONE.

That is not what I said, but Kelce is consistent+can have those games. In fact, from week 8 on last year he only had two games where he did not have 10+. And, he blew up week 8, week 12, and week 16. Rudolph can be a decent number 2 or 3 TE option, but elite TEs can hold their own against top TE defenses. As I said, against the tough safeties in Houston, Philadelphia, and Arizona he did not show up.

Ertz is the only one late who has a chance to break into stud potential, but he needs the QB to focus on him and get him in more redzones.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you think Eli is gonna be a 30 ppg QB, JC is not going to get no decent amount of carries whatsoever if he can still run, Quincy Enuwa is gonna be a number one receiver(over Robby Anderson I might add, who played better). Oh, yeah, Woods is gonna be a fantasy contributor? Yeah lol.
actually yeah, you got it

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what I said, but Kelce is consistent+can have those games. In fact, from week 8 on last year he only had two games where he did not have 10+. And, he blew up week 8, week 12, and week 16. Rudolph can be a decent number 2 or 3 TE option, but elite TEs can hold their own against top TE defenses. As I said, against the tough safeties in Houston, Philadelphia, and Arizona he did not show up.

Ertz is the only one late who has a chance to break into stud potential, but he needs the QB to focus on him and get him in more redzones.
yeah and with new wr's why would they focus on ertz

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you, if you get the 10th pick in the first round and the first 9 picks are RB and AB is staring you in the face at 10, what you gonna do? And yes, I know the likelihood of that is a 1 in a million, I'm just curious if you still go RB as detailed in you plan.

Of course I'm going to take AB. Did you not see the thread about Ajayi and Elliott, my draft order is 1.DJ 2.Bell 3.McCoy 4.Brown 5.ODB 6.McCoy 7.Murray 8.Gordon

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robby Anderson might be in jail half the season, pretty sure he's not going tho be a big factor. Enunwa Might not be a WR1 in fantasy terms, but he will be the Jets WR1, which gives him appeal in fantasy as a WR2 or flex.

And Woids might never be great, but with the lack of options around him, much like Enunwa, volume alone gives him limited value

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robby Anderson might be in jail half the season, pretty sure he's not going tho be a big factor. Enunwa Might not be a WR1 in fantasy terms, but he will be the Jets WR1, which gives him appeal in fantasy as a WR2 or flex.

And Woids might never be great, but with the lack of options around him, much like Enunwa, volume alone gives him limited value
which is basically what i said, never said these guys were game changers or ever said 30ppg for eli??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is basically what i said, never said these guys were game changers or ever said 30ppg for eli??
I figured probably not but wasnt gonna sift through the posts to figure it out. I would say that he's got a great chance of scoring multiple 30 point games with those WR's and a questionable run game, but i don't think anyone sane would ever predict an average of 30

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes... if Eifert scores 32 touchdowns, he will be worth it.

I mean, seriously? Four games from two years ago is worth mentioning? Eifert has talent, but his talent is exponentially outweighed by his injuries.

How big is your bench in this league? Preparing to draft 3 TE, I hope you have at least 9 on the bench.

Six bench players.

Most likely, I am taking four or five RBs, four WRs, two or three TEs, two QBs, defense, kicker.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the thread about outside players at position, you listed Eli. He was already a 20-24 point QB to begin with. You as well have said it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Someone didn't score in week 13 last year, so I'm not drafting because that means he can't score in week 13."

I mean, I really don't know how to respond to that.

Who was that about again?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the thread about outside players at position, you listed Eli. He was already a 20-24 point QB to begin with. You as well have said it.
no what qb averages 30 ppg? are u on crack i said no such thing. i was nice and said stay and post and u respond by being a dickhead

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is hilarious.