• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions on TE

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk may be way too high for me. If third round I'll jump on it, but no sooner. So I have this option here(I plan to draft Henry, Howard, Miller, or Ertz as TE 2 and may even get TE 3 if I have room.):Do I go for Kelce or Reed early or wait for Eiffert? Eiffert is probably on the better offense of the three, and if healthy has the chance at consistent TDs as a redzone threat. My only concern is Cincy's oline. Then again, TE usually benefits most from bad oline play. Eiffert could have a better year than Kelce and Reed easily. It's really between these three because last year Olsen looked less consistent and Walker has his complete duds in between. Graham is Graham and it's hard to tell with Seattle but he's better than Olsen and Walker. In all honesty I might jump for Eiffert if I feel I have to as the value for WRs are thinner there, which is round 4. I feel there may be a follow up slump for Kelce(especially with the drama in KC) and Reed is a bigger red flag to me than Eiffert but his upside is better.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert scares me too much to invest in him.
Howard? Not drafting a rookie TE

I think there is a solid group of TE this year. I will take one when I hate the RB and WR on the board. That could be round 1, or that could be round 14, or anywhere in between.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there is a solid group of TE this year. I will take one when I hate the RB and WR on the board. That could be round 1, or that could be round 14, or anywhere in between.
My guess is somewhere in between.

Also in before SP, He should target Fleener!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce will curb stomp Eifert in fantasy production this year.
let someone else reach for Fleener, you wait it out and land Kelce

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to me that's round 4 given my history in that round. Maclin(who i took third), Watkins, Landry.....none of them did well last year and Rawls got hurt. I don't think anyone could have envisioned Murray becoming a consistent goal line back. That was the one hit that round last year. And no one's playing the Lockett will hurt Baldwin game this time as he's early round 3. It's generally a leftovers round for starting players at RB and WR.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard will not be my number one or even two. He will be my three if I draft him.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is somewhere in between.

Also in before SP, He should target Fleener!

I would not be surprised as he already blamed not knowing the playbook on his struggles last year. He was targeted a bit in games he should have done well in but dropped the ball. And, anyway, he won't be taken before Thomas, Ingram, Snead, AP, Ginn Jr, and Kamara.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce will curb stomp Eifert in fantasy production this year.
let someone else reach for Fleener, you wait it out and land Kelce

Kelce is fourth/fifth round, higher than Eiffert by 1.5 rounds. I probably will go Kelce. But if he's taken I might take Eiffert over Reed. Both have injury issues but Reed's been more persistent. Eiffert got hurt late in 2015 and then had surgery in that offseason missing first six weeks. Other than that, he's played since 2014. Reed has missed games with all kinds of injuries and imo he should be in the same ranking as Eiffert. He's also suited up only to not do anything because that's how Gruden operates.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all comes down to personal preference. I like Kelce/Reed a lot more than Eifert, but can't argue with someone that catches all those TDs like Eifert does. Just so much seems like it is in flux right now in Cincy - new WRs competing for touches opposite Green/Eifert, new RB pushing Hill/Gio, OL decimated in free agency....

For me, if Kelce/Reed/Olsen don't fall to where I want them, I'm waiting on TE this year. Again, just personal preference.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait on TE if I liked what was sleeping, but I am not seeing it. Moreover, all of my sleeper picks get hurt in fantasy playoffs. Eiffert has been Dalton's redzone target regardless of receiver. In 2016, they had Jones and Sanu. I don't see Eiffert's redzone status changing other than the possibility Joe Blow Fixin could get them on the ground. But is that any different than Bernard or Hill in redzone? If Dalton passes there, Eifferts his first choice.

It is a risk, yes. But I don't feel safe drafting one starting TE anyway. There is one sleeper possibility and that's Ertz because of improved offense.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might take Eiffert over Reed.
I don't see the attraction to Eifert.
In a 3-year window, he's averaged only 7.3 games per season. Do you really want a TE who has never played a whole season?
He's also averaged 47.5 yards-per-game. Nine other TE average better yards per-game in that span.

On second thought... draft him. :rolleyes2:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what he did vs Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland, and Arizona in 2015? He didn't need yards when he got multiple TDs in those games. He was TD dependent but those games showed just how volatile he was in the redzone. The guy has scored TDs in nearly every game he was healthy last year against teams TEs don't struggle against. He's not good against Pittsburgh, Houston for sure but he's a consistent redzone target.

Reed is better. I just don't like what Washington is doing this offseason. And again, Olsen had less TDs last year and very few DD games.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what he did vs Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland, and Arizona in 2015?
I'm not gonna hinge my outlook of a player by basing it on 4 games.
Especially if the other 9 games averaged 38.4 yards and 0.4 TD per game.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE just isn't worth worrying about the top guys are injury prone and the rest are a crap shoot just wait and grab one in the 7th or later.

Like who? Rudolph? LOL.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? Rudolph? LOL.

Bennett, Ertz, Witten, Ebron, Henry, Fleener :dhd:, whoever it doesn't really matter there are pretty much always a few good options on the waiver unless you're in a league that stars multiple TEs(not flex), with huge benches, or full of bad players ( :dingdingding: ) who stash TEs for no reason. In our dynasty league(D2) we have 16 teams with large benches and there are still some decent options at TE sitting on the FA pool. Just wait on TE.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way the top TE ESPN standard for 2016 was Kelce 8.6 ppg,

Rudolph 7.9 PPG not drafted
Brate 7.1 PPG not drafted
Bennett 7.1 PPG ADP 127
Ertz 6.6 PPG ADP 112

Gronk 4.5 PPG ADP 13
Eifert 4.3 PPG ADP 91
Reed 6.6 PPG ADP 40

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE just isn't worth worrying about the top guys are injury prone and the rest are a crap shoot just wait and grab one in the 7th or later.
Agree.
The difference between the top 5 and the TE who finished 6-12 is an average of 23.8 points on the season. Which is a difference of 1.5 points a game. Three of the top 12 TE were not drafted in August last season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see what he did vs Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland, and Arizona in 2015? He didn't need yards when he got multiple TDs in those games. He was TD dependent but those games showed just how volatile he was in the redzone. The guy has scored TDs in nearly every game he was healthy last year against teams TEs don't struggle against. He's not good against Pittsburgh, Houston for sure but he's a consistent redzone target.

Reed is better. I just don't like what Washington is doing this offseason. And again, Olsen had less TDs last year and very few DD games.

yes... if Eifert scores 32 touchdowns, he will be worth it.

I mean, seriously? Four games from two years ago is worth mentioning? Eifert has talent, but his talent is exponentially outweighed by his injuries.

How big is your bench in this league? Preparing to draft 3 TE, I hope you have at least 9 on the bench.