• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions on TE

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you plan to draft a TE? When there's no value and you're OTC then just grab whatever TE is there or get one off waivers. TE is easy as fuck.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE just isn't worth worrying about the top guys are injury prone and the rest are a crap shoot just wait and grab one in the 7th or later.

The 7th? Fuck, that is early.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett, Ertz, Witten, Ebron, Henry, Fleener :dhd:, whoever it doesn't really matter there are pretty much always a few good options on the waiver unless you're in a league that stars multiple TEs(not flex), with huge benches, or full of bad players ( :dingdingding: ) who stash TEs for no reason. In our dynasty league(D2) we have 16 teams with large benches and there are still some decent options at TE sitting on the FA pool. Just wait on TE.

Those are all TE2s. An elite TE is a fallback plan in case your receivers you draft don't pan out. You will hardly find a productive surprise TE on waivers each year. Bennett is not a guaranteed redzone target. This is my plan from the start, getting a top TE and then drafting a second later because I am not playing for the playoffs I am playing for 11-2 or better. It's not always easy to guarantee TE production because some QBs don't like to target TEs in redzone in the best matchups. I am not playing that game. I stream defense and kicking enough as it is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your plan is to have an elite TE, a few top tier wr's , and a 2000 yard RB

excuse me while i laugh

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....................Rudolph had a great year especially where he came off of the wire in all the leagues I played in but one.

He had a great year starting off. But he is matchup dependent. That was evident against Arizona week 11. Elite TEs are not afraid of them, mostly the QB play really. But Bradford is afraid to throw in tight windows. If you look at Rudolph's games where he scored.........

Kyle Rudolph

GB, @Car, NYG, Det, @Was, @Det, Chi.........Det is where he had a 1 yard reception for a TD all game. 9 points is the limit for a TE.

Four week slump(five weeks of non production incl. bye), weeks 5-9, where he only scored one TD and it was just one catch all game for 1 yard. Sorry but lack of consistency does not make my team. That is the time of year where most byes occur and you need your starters playing to produce as much as possible. Furthermore, he gets no TD in week 13, typical elimination week and when most seeds are determined. Last year, Kelce gave me 100 yards and that was a lucky pickup.

Look, I looked up all the game logs last year for the position and I would not have decided to go for a elite TE if I felt confident in the position. 1. You need to have a solid TE or 2.You need to be confident in the matchup and favorability by the QB because TE production is dependent on QB favorability. TDs are important with this position. You're not happy with 5 points.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your plan is to have an elite TE, a few top tier wr's , and a 2000 yard RB

excuse me while i laugh

I never said anything about a few top tier WRs. I plan to only get one. I know my draft values. Elite RB, potential elite RB, good WR on good team(potential to explode in playoffs), top TE. That's how I envision my first four picks.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way the top TE ESPN standard for 2016 was Kelce 8.6 ppg,

Rudolph 7.9 PPG not drafted
Brate 7.1 PPG not drafted
Bennett 7.1 PPG ADP 127
Ertz 6.6 PPG ADP 112

Gronk 4.5 PPG ADP 13
Eifert 4.3 PPG ADP 91
Reed 6.6 PPG ADP 40

I already explained Rudolph

Brate.......there is one big worry here as it happened to Miami in 2015 and other teams who loaded up with not the best QBs. Winston has one glaring weakness that people are over looking that is similar to Cam......lack of accuracy. AND, they bring in a diva WR who has been known to take plays off when he is not THE GUY. Look at how he did when Maclin was in Philadelphia. He took in a few deep threats from Vick and then let other balls slip through his hands because he was overexcited of having Vick as the QB. Remember also, against SF that same season he had a problem with Kolb not throwing to him and decided to fake an injury or something(I forgot but he left the field). The next two years with Maclin on the team he was even worse. he talked about having some problems that was personal but it's not coincidental he bounced back in 2013 with Maclin hurt. He was inconsistent in Washington as well until he started getting targeted more. He is not the consistent deep threat he once was also. DJac will absolutely have problems and won't complain because Winston is his cup of tea. Now there is also Howard who was drafted. You just sent a message to Brate that Howard could take his job. How does he maintain what he had last year if Howard is looking to cut in? Howard was drafted in the first round. There is no written rule that rookie TEs struggle. Gronk had a decent rookie season. He was sharing catches with Hernandez and the pats had to renovate their entire passing game after the Moss trade. On the road, Gronk was targeted; at home, Hernandez was. Had Gronk been targeted at home, he would have been a top five TE. So Howard can come and take that job.

Bennett......talent is there, but is the targets? He's not going to be first preference over Nelson or second over Adams. Rodgers has preferred throwing to receivers more than TEs even when Finley was around. There will be weeks where Bennett has the potential to be good but Rodgers had better options. Just like with the pats, he was inconsistent because of all the mouths to feed.

Ertz..........he actually had a worser season last year than before. The only thing going for him is a improved offense which is still no guarantee for targets. What we don't know is if he will be Wentz favorite redzone target or not?

Zach Ertz

He has always been a second half receiver as he's had this trend now for four seasons. That's perfect for when your starting TE gets hurt and you can rely on him the rest of way. Here is one other thing I took from that stat.......no TD and just 55 yards against Atlanta week 10, a team TEs produce more against because of their secondary. He's not matchup dependent, he's always had the potential to become elite and his QB play has simply held him back; it could also be he can't put together a full season of solid production.

PPG is overrated. Ertz had a huge game week 17, which had a lot to do with that percentage. Rudolph played better in September and December. Bennett was on a team with Brady and Gronk and Brady did not play the first four weeks. Brate had no Howard then. I prefer game % of 8-10+ than PPG %. It's a better indicator.

Usually you look for at least 80+ yards or 30+ and a TD. That's my limit.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about a few top tier WRs. I plan to only get one. I know my draft values. Elite RB, potential elite RB, good WR on good team(potential to explode in playoffs), top TE. That's how I envision my first four picks.
good luck with that

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes... if Eifert scores 32 touchdowns, he will be worth it.

I mean, seriously? Four games from two years ago is worth mentioning? Eifert has talent, but his talent is exponentially outweighed by his injuries.

How big is your bench in this league? Preparing to draft 3 TE, I hope you have at least 9 on the bench.

Those four games were big games. He also had four other games where he scored a TD. He did not score a TD in only five games he played, one of which he got hurt early in and two of those games were against the steelers. Overall he scored 13 TDs that year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck with that

Let's see round 1........starting RB
round 2........potential starting RB stud such as Fournette, Lynch, Gurley
round 3........good receiver on good team, potential for Cooks to fall here, also there is Pryor, Hopkins(not exactly on good offensive team), Baldwin(same with Hopkins)
It's possible to get Cooks, Thomas(who I am not targeting), or Green in round 2 and still have a shot at one of those round 2 backs or someone like Joe Mixon, whose ADP will move up but it will move someone's down, or Crowell.
round 4.......TE, they should all except Gronk and maybe Kelce in some cases be available here. And besides there is bigger bust rate for receivers here and you're getting low end starting RBs like CJ whose PT is being threatened by JC and Hyde. Ntm Lamar Miller has no upside so he's undraftable to me.

Preseason will change some ADPs. However, it will be interesting to see who falls. QBs will start going round 2 and that will allow me to get a shot at round 2 value in the third.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay on those top tier receivers I was using an analogy that if I went WR first three rounds I'd be shot at RB. Don't get my words twisted.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those four games were big games. He also had four other games where he scored a TD. He did not score a TD in only five games he played, one of which he got hurt early in and two of those games were against the steelers. Overall he scored 13 TDs that year.

so if Eifert has 5 bad games and you like him, he's consistent and OK to draft.
but if Rudolph has 5 bad games, he's too inconsistent to be on your team?

makes perfect sense.......

:thumb:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see round 1........starting RB
round 2........potential starting RB stud such as Fournette, Lynch, Gurley
round 3........good receiver on good team, potential for Cooks to fall here, also there is Pryor, Hopkins(not exactly on good offensive team), Baldwin(same with Hopkins)
It's possible to get Cooks, Thomas(who I am not targeting), or Green in round 2 and still have a shot at one of those round 2 backs or someone like Joe Mixon, whose ADP will move up but it will move someone's down, or Crowell.
round 4.......TE, they should all except Gronk and maybe Kelce in some cases be available here. And besides there is bigger bust rate for receivers here and you're getting low end starting RBs like CJ whose PT is being threatened by JC and Hyde. Ntm Lamar Miller has no upside so he's undraftable to me.

Preseason will change some ADPs. However, it will be interesting to see who falls. QBs will start going round 2 and that will allow me to get a shot at round 2 value in the third.
So let me ask you, if you get the 10th pick in the first round and the first 9 picks are RB and AB is staring you in the face at 10, what you gonna do? And yes, I know the likelihood of that is a 1 in a million, I'm just curious if you still go RB as detailed in you plan.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you, if you get the 10th pick in the first round and the first 9 picks are RB and AB is staring you in the face at 10, what you gonna do? And yes, I know the likelihood of that is a 1 in a million, I'm just curious if you still go RB as detailed in you plan.
One better, and a tad more possible to happen -
Pick 5, 1-4 are DJ, Bell, Zeke and Shady...btw, those are the only four with a truly legitimate threat to hit 2000 yards from scrimmage like he wants, now what? Pass up AB, OBJ, Julio to grab Gordon? Ajayi? Howard?

Hell, a very likely one is pick five, Zeke, Bell, DJ, and AB go.. are you passing on Beckham and Julio tho grab Shady? I wouldn't

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Rudolph has 20 targets from inside the 10 yard line in the last two years.

Travis Kelce has 17 in his career.

People high on Kelce are cornered to expect 100 yard games more than TDs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if Eifert has 5 bad games and you like him, he's consistent and OK to draft.
but if Rudolph has 5 bad games, he's too inconsistent to be on your team?

makes perfect sense.......

:thumb:

Rudolph didn't have five bad games, he had more, but Rudolph also has no upside. He's never gonna have a three TD explosion with Diggs and Theilin, and now two better RBs, on that team with a average QB. In fact there's not a game on Rudolph's schedule last year where he even had two TDs. You need players to have consistency with the chance to explode because there are gonna be those weeks you need to be over the top. fantasy matchups are mostly won with consistency but there will be those games where someone needs to go off to carry you to a win. Bell's 3 TDs at Buffalo for instance, the more of those players you have, the more your chances of striking. You need threats to win. What do you want me to do? Waste my 4th round pick on Jarvis Landry so he can have another 5 TD season and four games of DDs? Sammy Watkins when he'll be dropped in my league first chance he misses multiple games? He's better as a added bonus. You all talk about not drafting a QB until 7th round or later so TE is the only real option here.

As i said before, I have a plan to draft two or three TEs; but I do not want to start the season going .500 because my receivers I drafted early are not panning out. Therefore draft something that will produce in that round.

I think I made a mistake even bringing this up. So I'm just not going to look to this board for any more help before the drafts.