• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dashon Goldson listed at CB?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere and i missed it, but why the hell does ESPN have Goldson listed as our back up CB? I hope this is a mistake...

San Francisco 49ers 2011 Depth Chart - Base 3-4 D - ESPN

Yeah, they have Reggie Smith listed under both Free & Strong Safety as well. I would expect after tomorrow's(?) cuts Goldson will be back to safety. I mean, they still have Mays listed as well. Typical ESPN.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they have Reggie Smith listed under both Free & Strong Safety as well. I would expect after tomorrow's(?) cuts Goldson will be back to safety. I mean, they still have Mays listed as well. Typical ESPN.

Yeah, i saw that as well. Why would they ever of had hi m at CB though? That's never been the case as far as i know.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put too much stock into it. He's our Safety...unfortunately.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson better step it up, reggie will be coming back soon. And is Madieu Williams a FS? I realize he has been playing against 2's and 3's but madieu has been solid.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madieu is a FS and he has been playing well. I'm really hoping Smith comes on strong and quick to take the starting job back. Goldson is always too little too late for my tastes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
believe Reggie Smith was drafted as a Safety/Cornerback? similar to Culliver now......we'll try him at CB first and see what happens? :-)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe Reggie Smith was drafted as a Safety/Cornerback? similar to Culliver now......we'll try him at CB first and see what happens? :-)

Well, i remember we originally tried him at CB but they said that the problem was if he was left on an island he is going to get beat. Since then his cover skills have improved dramatically. I like him as our SS, but with Goldson filling that void for the time being i wouldn't mind throwing him at CB to see how he does.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i remember we originally tried him at CB but they said that the problem was if he was left on an island he is going to get beat. Since then his cover skills have improved dramatically. I like him as our SS, but with Goldson filling that void for the time being i wouldn't mind throwing him at CB to see how he does.

Similar to Goldson, Smith has had experience at CB, albeit playing one entire season in his last season:

Player Bio: Reggie Smith - SoonerSports.com - Official Athletics Site of the Oklahoma Sooners

Not that I look into 40 times that much (case in point - Jerry Rice), but Smith did run a 4.61 on the 40.