• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Haren

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Haren Tells Marlins He Wants To Pitch Elsewhere

By Charlie Wilmoth [January 3, 2015 at 9:20am CST]
Dan Haren has told the Marlins he would still like to pitch for a West Coast team, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro reports. It appears, then, that Haren is unlikely to pitch for the Marlins in 2015, although Frisaro notes that it’s still unclear whether Haren will retire.
The Dodgers traded Haren to Miami last month in the Dee Gordon / Andrew Heaney deal and agreed to pay his salary for the coming season, despite Haren’s preference to play in Southern California (where his family lives) and indications that he would retire if traded elsewhere. The Angels have said they’re not interested in dealing for Haren, and the Dodgers already traded him away, limiting his options.
Frisaro writes that Haren’s preference is to pitch “out West” and to have Spring Training in Arizona, noting that the only West division team that doesn’t train in Arizona is the Astros. It’s not clear, however, whether Haren has widened his interest beyond the three Southern California teams.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Haren might be an interesting pitcher to trade for. Assuming he's interested in playing in Seattle, cost to acquire seems cheap enough and he's still a good pitcher.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was near free and wanted to come hear, then worth a flyer. But not sure if he considers Seattle near So Cal. He would be a back of the rotation guy at this point in his career. He has been a negative WAR guy his last 3 years and 4 of his last 6.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was near free and wanted to come hear, then worth a flyer. But not sure if he considers Seattle near So Cal. He would be a back of the rotation guy at this point in his career. He has been a negative WAR guy his last 3 years and 4 of his last 6.

He's been worth about 1 WAR a year according to fangraphs. I guess that's basically replacement level between Fangraphs and Baseball Reference. His Steamer projection has him putting up #'s comparable to Paxton this year (I think that's crazy so I'll take it with a grain of salt).

If he wants to come & it only takes a mid-level prospect. I'd be all for it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I looked on baseball reference. Not sure how they get theirs.

For a mid-level, no doubt. Better than Young and gives us a 180-200 inning guy if healthy. If not healthy, he wouldn't hurt as he would be a bonus guy. Start Walker and Elias in Tacoma to start which would be fine.