• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people had an OKC sweep and they were wrong. I don't think saying Thunder in 6 was THAT crazy or far fetched. My prediction was looking pretty good after game 2, but the thunder played really well on the road and ended the series tonight at home. Good luck in the next round. Should be an interesting series. I'm looking forward to it.

Dallas got a fluke win, like I figured they would.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adios!

Report: Mavericks' Deron Williams to opt out, become a free agent

By James Herbert | NBA writer

April 29, 2016 2:06 pm ET

Dallas Mavericks guard Deron Williams intends to opt out of the second year of his contract and become a free agent in July, according to ESPN's Tim MacMahon. Williams would have made $5.6 million next season if he had not opted out.

Williams told reporters after the Mavericks were eliminated that he would "love to be back." Presumably, he meant he would love to be back on a long-term deal.

The rationale here is simple: Williams is 31 years old, and the salary cap is exploding this summer. He played pretty well for a playoff team this year, and was relatively healthy compared to the last two seasons. He might as well try to get one last good contract while he can.

It's hard to know what the market will look like for Williams, though. It seems unlikely that any team will see him as a starting point guard at this stage of his career, and he needs surgery again this offseason because of a sports hernia. Maybe he'll still get something like $5.6 million next year as part of a longer deal, but there is no guarantee.

Williams averaged 14.1 points, 5.8 assists and 2.9 rebounds this year. He is a Dallas native, and coach Rick Carlisle told reporters "he played great basketball for us" when Williams' season due to his sports hernia and abdominal strain, via the Dallas Morning News.

042916_dwill.jpg
Deron Williams will reportedly become a free agent. (USAT
http://bttrack.com/Click/Native?dat...eTVawOeDfRcNPwryBS03d9y47XtasEEwAicg83UM16I01

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder Vs. Spurs series has been a joke so far. If the officials could actually call a decent game in San Antonio, I'd really appreciate it. If the series even makes it back here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder Vs. Spurs series has been a joke so far. If the officials could actually call a decent game in San Antonio, I'd really appreciate it. If the series even makes it back here.

Been shitty both ways.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been shitty both ways.

Let's hope officiating doesn't decide the game tomorrow! Good luck either way. If you guys beat us, I hope you win it. Basically anyone but Curry and Green. I hate those guys.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope officiating doesn't decide the game tomorrow! Good luck either way. If you guys beat us, I hope you win it. Basically anyone but Curry and Green. I hate those guys.

Just not sure they've got the guns to take curry and the Warriors down.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors can get fucked. Not one point scored in the final 4:39. They played like scared little children taking stupid shot after stupid shot. I tolerated soft ass curry when he kept making every 3 he attempted, but fuck him the most or letting his team drop 3 in a row.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors can get fucked. Not one point scored in the final 4:39. They played like scared little children taking stupid shot after stupid shot. I tolerated soft ass curry when he kept making every 3 he attempted, but fuck him the most or letting his team drop 3 in a row.

Warriors probably would've won the title if Green hadn't been playing like a dirty thug throughout the entire duration of the playoffs. The suspension of Green ( which was warranted after punching about 3 different guys in the nuts), seemed to kill the Warriors mojo. Lebron had a noble cause, I was pulling for the Cavs ever since the Spurs got eliminated.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors probably would've won the title if Green hadn't been playing like a dirty thug throughout the entire duration of the playoffs. The suspension of Green ( which was warranted after punching about 3 different guys in the nuts), seemed to kill the Warriors mojo. Lebron had a noble cause, I was pulling for the Cavs ever since the Spurs got eliminated.

That's a bad opinion....Green deserved the suspension vs the Thunder. LeBron tried to drag his nuts across Draymond, I would have done the same damn thing. Then LeBron cried and got his way like usual. He's a bitch with 3 titles, but he's still a HUGE bitch. And now Curry and Thompson can be sister bitches with Bron Bron.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bad opinion....Green deserved the suspension vs the Thunder. LeBron tried to drag his nuts across Draymond, I would have done the same damn thing. Then LeBron cried and got his way like usual. He's a bitch with 3 titles, but he's still a HUGE bitch. And now Curry and Thompson can be sister bitches with Bron Bron.

The suspension Green received wasn't for the Lebron incident. What happened to Lebron was just the tipping point, Green got suspended because of all the technicals and flagrant fouls he received up to that point. I watched the Portland series and the thunder series. He was a classless asshole in both.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension Green received wasn't for the Lebron incident. What happened to Lebron was just the tipping point, Green got suspended because of all the technicals and flagrant fouls he received up to that point. I watched the Portland series and the thunder series. He was a classless asshole in both.
Yeah, Lebron knew that and lobbied the league to suspend him. Idgaf about previous series, they should never impact a final. And the terrible NBA rules let that happen. It's part of the overall culture of why fans cannot stand the NBA

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all fairness, the suspension should have come simply b/c he took an actual swing at Lebron, but hey had 3 chances to close it out, 2 with Draymond, and didn't

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lebron knew that and lobbied the league to suspend him. Idgaf about previous series, they should never impact a final. And the terrible NBA rules let that happen. It's part of the overall culture of why fans cannot stand the NBA

I'll say this, the Cavs got few calls this series, and it was terribly called series by the refs, I feel like the Cavs actually had to earn this title

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, the suspension should have come simply b/c he took an actual swing at Lebron, but hey had 3 chances to close it out, 2 with Draymond, and didn't
The Warriors deserved this loss. This is worse than Dallas losing 4 in a row up 2-0 in 2006.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not if you're a Mavericks fan... well this Mavericks fan anyway

Historically it's worse. Being up 3-1 in a finals and not winning one game is much worse. Especially when you won 73 games in the regular season and the Cavs were mostly mediocre this year. People will laugh at the Warriors for a while.

Doesn't take the sting of the NBA giving Wade a free ride to a title though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically it's worse. Being up 3-1 in a finals and not winning one game is much worse. Especially when you won 73 games in the regular season and the Cavs were mostly mediocre this year. People will laugh at the Warriors for a while.

It does suck. But the Cavs were far from medicore. Especially when you have lbj on your team

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly mediocre this year?? Wut?

They won 57 games, only behind San Antonio and Golden State for most wins in the NBA and at no point during the regular season or the playoffs did it appear that any team in the East would seriously threaten them.

The western conference got a lot of pub this year thanks in large part to the great San Antonio regular season and the Warriors record setting performance. I think this is what led most to believe the Cavs really didn't have a shot in the Finals...and after 4 games it appeared they didn't.

For the most part, outside of GS fans and their haters, people are going to remember this as a great Cleveland comeback rather than a GS choke.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Warriors want to sign Dirk Nowitzki in free agency
Well, this is a surprise

The Golden State Warriors' 73-win season ended in heartbreak on Sunday, and when the front office recovers from the Game 7 loss, they will think about ways to get better in the offseason. They might even try to add a big-name star, like Dirk Nowitzki.

Wait, what?

Yes, according to the Mercury News' Tim Kawakami, the Warriors have set their sights on Nowitzki, a 38-year-old future Hall of Famer who has spent his entire 18-year career with the Dallas Mavericks. Is your mind blown? Does this make sense to you at all? My answers to those questions and yes and yes, kind of.

From the Mercury News:

"We will be very aggressive," one Warriors executive said late Sunday night when asked about the team's approach in the coming movement period. "Very, very aggressive."

They will have some money to spend, can create more space if they need to, and can offer a nice situation for a veteran aiming for one last title (and to be credited for returning the Warriors to the mountaintop).

And Nowitzki-who won a title with Dallas in 2011 but hasn't won a playoff series since-is somebody Warriors management has circled.

Let's be clear: The Warriors first and foremost still want to clear the decks for a run at unrestricted free agent Kevin Durant.

Nowitzki, also a pending free agent, would be a next-tier discussion for the Warriors, and I'm told they have no idea if he'd be interested in leaving Dallas.

Why this could work: Save for a massive surprise this summer, the Mavericks will not have another legitimate chance to compete for a championship with Nowitzki. He has said that, if the Mavs choose to rebuild, he does not want to be a part of it. Golden State employs Nowitzki's friend and former teammate, Steve Nash, as a part-time consultant. The Warriors don't have a ton of flaws, but it was plainly obvious that they could have used another big man in the NBA Finals. Nowitzki is still remained an incredibly skilled and efficient scorer, and the quickness and athleticism on Golden State's roster can cover up for his weaknesses. Also, who wouldn't want to play in the Warriors' system?

Why this probably won't happen: Nowitzki has directly said that, after opting out of the final year of his contract, he plans to negotiate a new deal with Dallas owner Mark Cuban. He has also repeatedly said that he wants to finish his career with the Mavericks. It's unclear what role the Warriors would be able to offer him -- starting center, reserve power forward? -- but whatever it is would be a massive departure from what he's used to. Golden State apparently doesn't know whether or not Nowitzki is even thinking about a change of scenery, and -- forgive me for saying this about an all-time great -- given the composition of its roster, it cannot be sure that his value on offense would offset the fact that he cannot switch onto smaller players on the other end.

Until there is a report that Nowitzki is picturing himself in a Warriors uniform, it would be best not to get too excited about the possibility. Still, this is interesting, isn't it? Free agency is going to be fun.

Sidenote: This is exactly why, after Dallas was eliminated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, coach Rick Carlisle said that the franchise had to hope this wasn't Nowitzki's last game as a Maverick. Carlisle stressed then that he didn't want anybody to take Nowitzki's presence or loyalty for granted. I'm not saying he knew Golden State would come calling, but he did know that other teams could at least give Nowitzki something to think about.

dirkus.jpg
Dirk Nowitzki ... on the Warriors?! USATSI