• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be saying that with a straight face.

It turned out being much closer than I anticipated, Mavs were a 16.5 point dog and I figured they'd lose by 20+

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turned out being much closer than I anticipated, Mavs were a 16.5 point dog and I figured they'd lose by 20+

I'll admit.... I'd hope for the warriors in the first round if I were the mavs. You'd have nothing to lose and you hang with them better than most teams.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo, this sentiment is for you; take a running leap up my ass and die when you get there.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Anderson is looking like a super athletic 3-D guy potentially, he just needs to keep working on hitting the open jumper

Plus he has some athletic ability to get to the basket as well, he has most certainly been one of the more successful looking Mavs draft picks in a while as long as Carlisle doesn't find a way to hide him on the bench going forward

He's not going to give us many points (I'm guessing about 10 a night is doable if he's playing 30+) but as long as he can give us some length and athleticism on defense he's a huge asset going forward

I've also liked what David Lee can give us off the bench,

Deron Williams and Matthews are looking like a duds/busts, but I can stomach seeing what Matthews does with a full offseason coming back from an Achilles injury

Williams is looking like a league average point guard at this rate

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Anderson is looking like a super athletic 3-D guy potentially, he just needs to keep working on hitting the open jumper

Plus he has some athletic ability to get to the basket as well, he has most certainly been one of the more successful looking Mavs draft picks in a while as long as Carlisle doesn't find a way to hide him on the bench going forward

He's not going to give us many points (I'm guessing about 10 a night is doable if he's playing 30+) but as long as he can give us some length and athleticism on defense he's a huge asset going forward

Deron Williams and Matthews are looking like a duds/busts, but I can stomach seeing what Matthews does with a full offseason coming back from an Achilles injury

Agree on all this

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no coincidence that we've allowed 4 straight opponents under 90 points

Refreshing to see the young guy actually working hard and making effort. Ive watched too many Mavericks players take time off on the defensive end of the floor the past few years. Like it isn't part of their job to give effort defensively

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinched a playoff spot? Should be an early exit, but at least there is that, in a down year. Something has to get done soon though, to get competitive again, or they'll be rebuilding for another 5 years

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on making the playoffs. You guys might end up as the 6th seed. Pop would be smart to throw the game in Dallas because Memphis can't beat anyone right now. The Spurs wouldn't have to deal with either gasol or Conley.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 6 seed is ours, we're there currently and we play the Spurs, who are more than likely going to be in rest mode, while the Grizz are down a couple guys & play the Warriors who are chasing history

That being said I'd much rather play the Thunder than the Clippers, I think we just match up better with them, honestly I'm just looking to be competitive in this opening round and hopefully they play Justin Anderson a lot

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Mavericks didn't win tonight. Maybe they didn't want to?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised the Mavericks didn't win tonight. Maybe they didn't want to?

No, they wanted to win. They just flat-out stink. They're nothing more than Dirk plus a collection of washed-up has-beens. They have enough talent from a group collective standpoint to beat the bottom-feeding teams on most nights, but they have no scoring threats to speak of at all. When it's crunch time and they need a player to put the team on his back, Dirk is unfortunately still the best option they've got. And that's unfair to Dirk, because at his age he shouldn't be required to be any more than a #3 option. Parsons is a grossly overpaid by-product of Cuban's ego. He's at best a #2. Wes Matthews is an overpaid by-product of the Mavs whiffing on the big fish again. Those are their supposed top 3 players.

Barea has played admirably down the stretch, and D-Will has a throwback game once every 5 or 6 games.

But they're just not a good team. Dirk's always been so fantastic that he's hidden the flaws of the rosters built by Cuban and Donnie. But now that Dirk is older and can't be Superman every single night, those flaws are very evident. Unless Dirk, Matthews, Barea, and D-Will all put together a single fantastic night, they're going to be swept by OKC pretty easily.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And situations that force Carlisle to play Anderson otherwise he is on the bench wasting away. Thankfully that happened at year end. Now he is seeing what this guy can do.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take it

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying? I'm glad this will keep OKC busy for awhile. Like I said, OKC in 6.

Um, he was correct. They were lucky to win that game. They missed two free throws at the very end and then allowed Steven Adams to get an uncontested rebound and put-back bucket at the buzzer. Had he released the ball half a second sooner, the Mavs would have lost. It was a very lucky victory.