• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've needed it for a while. They are not cohevise at all. Cmon good lottery pick.

Sell off every decent veteran piece (Bogut, Williams, etc...) and compile draft picks this year, focus on player development this year

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell off every decent veteran piece (Bogut, Williams, etc...) and compile draft picks this year, focus on player development this year

I'd be concerned that Cuban is too stubborn to do that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there won't be any chance of a playoff berth, so he has no reason to hold on to expiring assets, his justification in years past doesn't hold water here

I hope he runs for public office somewhere and has to sell majority interest in the team. I would feel bad for whatever place that elected him, but maybe the Mavs could learn to draft then...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Deadline: Sixers send Nerlens Noel to Mavericks for Bogut, 1st-rounder
Dallas takes a gamble on the talented big man

Multiple outlets (Yahoo, ESPN) report that the Philadelphia 76ers have traded center Nerlens Noel to the Dallas Mavericks for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut and a conditional (top-18 protected) first-round pick. Noel has had injury issues and league executives were concerned with his maturity. But he’s a defensive stalwart with great athleticism and this benefits the Mavericks considerably.

More to come on this deal.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad about Justin Anderson, I liked him, but he had chances and just couldn't get his shot to fall

Glad to get Noel though

Deron Williams was also waived

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Deadline: Sixers send Nerlens Noel to Mavericks for Bogut, 1st-rounder
Dallas takes a gamble on the talented big man

Multiple outlets (Yahoo, ESPN) report that the Philadelphia 76ers have traded center Nerlens Noel to the Dallas Mavericks for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut and a conditional (top-18 protected) first-round pick. Noel has had injury issues and league executives were concerned with his maturity. But he’s a defensive stalwart with great athleticism and this benefits the Mavericks considerably.

More to come on this deal.

If the M<avs hold onto their 1st rounder this year due to being in the top 18, then the 1st round pick converts to 2 2nd rounders in 2017 & 2018

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the M<avs hold onto their 1st rounder this year due to being in the top 18, then the 1st round pick converts to 2 2nd rounders in 2017 & 2018

I think Noel is a FA at the end of the season, isn't he? That means the Mavs will be hoping to re-sign him you would think, but no guarantees obviously

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Noel is a FA at the end of the season, isn't he? That means the Mavs will be hoping to re-sign him you would think, but no guarantees obviously

He's restricted FA

As long as the mavs pony up he will be back.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONGRATULATIONS DIRK, 6th player to 30,000 points!

All time greatest Mav!

Thanks for the ride

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that nobody cares probably, but this is the best thread I can post this on. The western conference finals looked like it was going to be a very good series until the warriors pachulia injured Kawhi Leonard. Tony Parker is gone and Leonard won't be considered "healthy" until October at this rate. Warriors are going to roll. I think it was a dirty play, but I'm probably biased. It's just unfortunate that we were robbed of a good series. I think we would've lasted 6 games and made them sweat at least.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that nobody cares probably, but this is the best thread I can post this on. The western conference finals looked like it was going to be a very good series until the warriors pachulia injured Kawhi Leonard. Tony Parker is gone and Leonard won't be considered "healthy" until October at this rate. Warriors are going to roll. I think it was a dirty play, but I'm probably biased. It's just unfortunate that we were robbed of a good series. I think we would've lasted 6 games and made them sweat at least.

Basketball is still on?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Bruce Bowen if he thought it was dirt.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Bruce Bowen if he thought it was dirt.

I saw nothing dirty about it, but maybe that's my Mavs fan bias, but Pachulia saw Leonard shoot the ball, then with out looking at the ground, back up and box Leonard out, to me that's just fundamental basketball

Sometimes people step on feet and sometimes people roll ankles, it happens

Are the Warriors playing physical with Leonard? Yes, but thats not the same as dirty

By the way this isn't in direct response to your comment, just putting in my 2 cents

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw nothing dirty about it, but maybe that's my Mavs fan bias, but Pachulia saw Leonard shoot the ball, then with out looking at the ground, back up and box Leonard out, to me that's just fundamental basketball

Sometimes people step on feet and sometimes people roll ankles, it happens

Are the Warriors playing physical with Leonard? Yes, but thats not the same as dirty

By the way this isn't in direct response to your comment, just putting in my 2 cents

I think the onus is on the guy jumping. If you leave your feet you should assume the risk. Guys shouldn't purposely undercut you, but sometimes it happens because of forward momentum. And if it does, that's the risk of being a jump shooter.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the onus is on the guy jumping. If you leave your feet you should assume the risk. Guys shouldn't purposely undercut you, but sometimes it happens because of forward momentum. And if it does, that's the risk of being a jump shooter.

agreed, I'd argue it wasn't even a foul

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, I'd argue it wasn't even a foul

I didnt think it was a foul and I sure didnt see anything dirty about it. Leonard was unfortunately re-injured but I didnt think Pachulia stuck his leg out purposely or tried to undercut Khawi. Unfortunate but no reason for all the drama, just a basketball play